Getting back in zone, to loose for good!!

:DGood morning.

I have a mixed day today. Am cooking this morning before work to make SW friendly food for me for the day. Working from 11am til 10pm this eve, so really don't want to be faffing :cool: about in the supermarket later trying to find something I can heat up at work. Have some peppers, mushrooms, babycorn roasting in the oven, gonna stir that into Pasta, with passatta, chilli and ham. Then will heat that up later at work, and then stir in before eating some freshly chopped pineapple. I saw a recipe for Hawiian Pasta and thought I'd give that a go.

Will leave dinner for later when Im home to cook, as doing egg fried rice and that only takes 10 mins.

Didn't use many of my syns last night, so have 7 to carry over today.:D

EE Day - 17 syns

• Bfast - 2 ww yogurts
  • snack - Alpen Light (1/2 B)
  • Lunch - Hawiian pasta, with passatta, basil, chilli, salt and pepper, peppers, mushrooms, baby corn(Sf)
  • Snack - Fruit Pack (sf)
  • Dinner - Special Chow Mein and drizzle of curry sauce (13)
  • Desert - Fruit Pack (sf)
Thats 13 syns used, still have 4 to carry forward to tomorrow. x

Just rubbed nose after cutting chilli, OMG, that smarts, silly me, lol..

Last edited:
Good morning :)

Got back from work last night at 10.45pm, and the training we had was really nothing to do with my project. But, still good to network with colleagues I suppose. I've taken to taking sleeping pills at night as this redundancy thing is really getting to me.

My OH has not helped or supported me, and I remember a conversation a few months ago about contributing, and hed said that "If you don't contribute, whats the point in you being here". I pay towards the utilities here and also a third of the food bill as well. I lost £900 a month when I moved in with him last year and he knew I wouldn't be able to pay much. I do all the cooking and most of the cleaning. HE earns trebble what I earn and gets a £4000.00 bonus twice a year (which I never see anything of). Anyway, with me and my son, if Im out of a job, that would mean me being in so much debt, not sure what I'd do. Last night I asked him what would happen if I was out of a job, he said that "we'd have to sort something out". Not.. "don't worry Nick, I'll help". So am feeling a little lost right now with this hanging and finding it hard to sleep.

Diet wise, im doing ok.. staying on track and chest infection has almost gone now, so will be at the gym Saturday and Sunday. So not all bad, lol..

Sorry to babble on about my dreary life right now :mad:.

Meal planned for today is as follows:

14 (4 carried over from yesterday) syns - EE

• Bfast - Scrambled egg with tomatoe(sf), ham and seasoning.
  • Snack - Alpen Ligh Bar (1/2 b)
  • Lunch - Homemade Spicey Carrot, Leek and tomatoe soup (sf)
  • Snack - Banana
  • Dinner - 3 l/f sausages (1.5) mash potatoe, 20g l/f grated cheddar (1/2 a), 50 ml skimmed milk (1/7 a) green beans and cabbage (sf) and drizzle of gravy (3) Total - 4.5
  • Desert - 2 ww yogurts, fruit pack (sf) and Alpen light Bar(1/2 b) curly wirly (6)
Milk for coffee and tea (4 in total) - 75 ml skimmed milk (the rest of the A)

Thats both A and B's used and 10.5 syns as well. 3.5 to carry over to tomorrow;).

Didn't get online yesterday, so about to do the next 2 days food diary:

Saturday - EE 10 syns
  • Bfast - Huge Fruit cocktail (sf)
  • Shack - Alpen Light (1/2 b)
  • Lunch -2 quorn sausages, 1 tomatoe (sf), SW Chips, beans, mushrooms (sf) and babyquorn (sf)
  • Snack - Banana
  • Dinner - Pasta, 3 l/f sausages (1.5) passatta, basil, onions(sf), tomatoes(sf), carrot(sf), mushrooms (sf), chilli flakes. 40g l/fat cheddar grated.
  • Desert - Alpen Light Bar, Fresh Fruit Pack and yogurt.
Thats 1.5 syns for today, am out tomorrow so saving those other 8.5.

Going to gym after I've had lunch today, so hoping that will burn some of this off:
Sunday - EE 18.5 syns
  • Bfast - Scrambled egg (little skimmed milk - 25 ml), tomatoes(sf) and ham
  • Snack - Alpen Light Bar(b)
  • Lunch - Grilled Prawns to start(3), then Jacket Potatoe, sweetcorn, Chicken quarter, salad(sf)(3 for sauce).
  • Dinner - Sushi (2), Alpen Light (b), fruit cocktail (sf), WW yogurt. Curly Wirly (6). Quavers (4.5)
Ok, so thats 18 syns. Will leave it there :).

WI tomorrow, eve at 7pm, I always have fruit and sushi before WI and nothing else apart from water, which isn't much(none after 4pm), so I don't gain too much during the day. Hoping for 2lb loss. Fingers Crossed :) x

hey hun, just thought id pop by and see how your getting on. Good job with the food, looks yummy and im sure your in for a loss- one thing though.. a few days have you forgotten your second alpen bar? as its not listed on your diary a few days back.

Hope hubby is more supportive, im greatful that me and OH have a joint bank account, because although he earns far more than me.. theres only one account, we both use it and nothings ever picked at or argued over.. id be screwed if we didnt have it this way!

Hope your okay xxxx

Thanks Fern, yes did have the alpen bar - just before bed. Sometimes forget to add those of milk as my A choices. But still have them.

Re OH and bank accounts, I think thats one thing that might need to happen, it would make sense too. Thing is as I moved in with him last year, my debts were mine and his was his, and thats just the way things have gone. But I do need to sit down and talk about it.

xx

Thanks Fern, yes did have the alpen bar - just before bed. Sometimes forget to add those of milk as my A choices. But still have them.

Re OH and bank accounts, I think thats one thing that might need to happen, it would make sense too. Thing is as I moved in with him last year, my debts were mine and his was his, and thats just the way things have gone. But I do need to sit down and talk about it.

xx

ahh i see, aslong as your getting them!!

Moneys a tricky thing, and delicate situation to handle- but i see it this way, if you two are serious- serious enough to live with him, then everything should be shared. Splitting everything is complicated and often leads to arguments over who paid what etc. If he lost his job tomorrow, hed be relying on you, wouldnt he.
Joe was still paying of a loan from years before he met me when we made our accounts joint, and in fact, i was earning nothing. Now i earn a fraction of what joe earns, but everything i earn, he earns goes into the same pot- bills come out of that pot and whatevers left is just used, as it is. No splitting or his or hers. All our finances come out of that account- including the repayments for my engagment ring. I could turn round and be like well, i COULD be paying for my own ring, but everything gets paid out of the same pot, so know one knows whos paid for what, if you get me. We prefer it this way and theres no argument.

Although if he tells me i cant buy a new handbag, then i tell him where to go haha.

sorry, ramble!

Nikki

*hugs* hun glad you're feeling better and the chest infection is going. Sorry to hear about the sleeping things - I hope things start to look up soon hun as sleeping pills don't help long term.
Hope the OH starts to realise what he would be missing out on if he doesn't become more supportive but I do believe that you should put you and your son first.
As for the money thing - me and OH have on joint account, but we also have our own seperate accounts too - everything goes into the joint account and all bills come out of it but then if there is anything left over it is split between the two of us. I would probably not recommend it to be honest.

Menu looks fab and fingers crossed for a great loss on Monday. :)

Good morning

Am feeling a little deflated, and its my own silly thought. Had a bad night at work, with hardly no sleep and after I'd showered this morning at work, I stepped on the digital scales there, hmmm not good, shows another STS week and I've really worked this week.

Am thinking that a few months ago, I had the same sort of thing and it was due to EE, switched to more Red days and it kick started again. Now, wondering if to leave WI tomorrow and go to a different group on Thursday just for this week, but then the Monday WI the week after would only be 4 days after!! Hmmm, decisions, decisions..

Got some more of my assignment to do this morning, before I start getting dinner prep'd as Im out for lunch meeting a friend today, and OH can finish it off then for them all.

xx

Hi hun, don't trust your scales, just go to class as usual and get weighed, if you go on thursday, you won't want to go next monday as you've only had 4 days between wi's.

Just shake up your days and you'll get there xx

Nikki hun

Don't forget that different scales will say different things. If I were you i'd go to WI on Monday and then just concentrate on next week for your red/green weeks. You will probably find that you have lost something this week, how did you feel about it before you stood on the scales?? Did you think you had a good week or did you feel you had a bad week?

Thanks Rosie

I felt I had a pretty good week really. Have decided to go tonight now anyway, can't cop out each time that happens. So will go to WI at 7pm and if its a STS week, Im ready for that and will hit the red days this week to improve my chances of loosing for next week. Onwards and upwards ;).

Will do food diary from tomorrow as i hardly eat anything during the day before WI, then have a chineese chow mein for 8 syns after :).

xx

Ws rushed off my feet today, so late in doing diary, lost a lb at WI last night :). Glad I went.

Diary for today:
10 syns and EE

Bfast - bananna
Snack - alpen light (1/2 b)
Lunch - Sushi - 2
Snack - Mullerlight
Dinner - Shep Pie with carrotts and cabbage. Gravy - 2
Desert - Curly wirly 6 and alpen light (1/2 b)

Thats 10 syns today.

Good morning

I had to go and buy a new swimsuit and leggings for the gym as mine has decided to go on a walk about.. can't be found, hunted high and low, and still not there. Hmmm this is strange. But now have more, which wasn't too expensive and they are in gym bag in car ready for use, which I can now go after work each day when I can that is. Aiming for this eve and tomorrow ;).

As I had a loss on Monday, I am going to still incorperate EE this week, but adding a few days Red as well.

EE - 10 syns

• Bfast - 2 small banana's
  • Snack - Alpen Light bar (1/2 b)
  • Lunch sushi - (2), speg hoops, apple and fruit pack.
  • Dinner - 2 lean thin steaks with mixed pepper on, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, with SW seasoned wedges, 1tsp hmans light mayo (1).
  • Desert - Yogurt, Alpen light bar (1/2 b)
Milk - 350 skimmed milk used for coffee allowance.

Thats 3 syns, will take the rest over to tomorrow, as lunching out at work.

:D:D:D

Sounds like you're having a great week so far nikki. Fab loss at WI :) Hope you have a good lunch out tomorrow - enjoy it - hope it's pleasure not business :S
Enjoy the gym as well - my exercise today was running about after little one - moving the living room about - with help from OH and little one, and then ironing - am feeling rather tired and worn out now!

Thanks Rosie. I'm sure with all that body magic yesterday, you would have burned a few cals :).

Not as organised today :eek:, but will add on throughout the day:

17 syns and EE

• Bfast - 2 small bananas
  • Snack - Alpen Ligh bar (1/2 b)
  • Lunch - Pasta n Sauce,100 ml skimmmed milk and 2 l/c ex light triangles (HEA) adn big fruit salad.
  • Snack - quavers 4.5
  • Dinner . Noodles, veg, mushrooms and black bean sauce (3)
  • Desert - Alpen Light Bar (1/2 b), m/light yogurt.
Not sure where the syns will be used, so saving those for lunch out today, if I can get a jacket potatoe with chicken and salad, I'll order some sauce to go on chicken and syn that. But will see. :D Updated: Didn't end up eating anything for lunch in the pub as had an urgent call,so ended up having a side salad only and a diet coke, so did pasta n sauce when I got back. 7.5 syns all day, so 9.5 carried over to today. It ended up being more of a Green Day, but didn't have the extra HEX's.

Last edited:
Sounds good Nikki and finger's crossed that you were able to get the jacket and chicken salad for your lunch today. You are doing well this week - should have a good loss for Monday. :)

So I was a good girl last night, almost ended up on way home from work last night in the chinese take away, but just resisted, and it was only "just". Went home and cooked noodles, with veggies and black bean sauce, which only ended up to be 3 syns, so am happy with that.

Today food looks like this: EE - 19.5 syns

Bfast - Mullerlight Yogurt
Snack - Alpen Light Bar (1/2 b)
Lunch - omelette with ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and 2 light l/cow triangles (1/2 A) and a small can of speg hoops
Snack - Fruit pack
Dinner - Singapore fried rice with drizzle of sweet and sour sauce (11) and LArge Fruit Pack
Desert - Mullerlight yogurt, Alpen Light bar (1/2 b) and curly wirly (6)

Ok, thats 17 syns, 2.5 to carry over to tomorrow. x

Back