Getting back in zone, to loose for good!!

Hi Hun, I try and go on this site on a daily basis to keep me motivated, just read your blog and my heart goes out to you I think my husband would be wearing his dinner if thats what he said to me!
Keep your chin up and enjoy yourself on your day out perhaps spk to you later

Week 2 of sw, day 4.

Last night's Lasagne was so nice, really thought it was too good to be true though, with the syns being so low (3 a slice). As you only count the cheese sauce.. So jumped on the scales this morn :scale:, I know I know.. shoudln't do that.. but needs must after last night.. what a surprise :D.. Scales have dropped since yesterday. So I am definately a happy bunny today :8855:.

As we aren't going away to Tenerife this weekend with the flight prices so high (£1600 for the 4 of us - plus accomodation - £2050) so.. kind of felt a bit deflated, but one of my friends said that I'd be saving £'s but loosing lb's too.. so feeling a little better now. We will do something, but not sure what. Poss 2 nights in a travel inn and an inside water park with the 2 boys. Still away and I can also carry on being good too. So all is ok..

Food for today:

Bfast - ww vanilla yog(F) and banana(SF)
11's - alpen bar light (half HEB)
Lunch - SW breakfast, 2 rashers of bacon (F), 2 poached eggs(f) and tomatoes (SF), 2 pears (sf).

Snacks - apple(sf) and pear(sf) and toffee ww yog(f)

Dinner - either, SW chicken chow mein(F and SF) (0 syns) or syngapore chow mein from chinese take away (9) and sw sauce (3).

Have carried over 13 syns from yest and Wed night for the weekend, so can afford the extra ones tonight and might go for 2 glasses of wine if I do the take away, or a bottle if I cook it myself. If I don't use them I'll carry them over to tomorrow.

Off to Lakeside to pick up a Tankini I ordered from Next, and take some bits back too. Will stop for black coffee while I'm there or a diet coke.

Going for a 100% day again.. wanna see those scales go down some more and even though I booked next Tue's WI as a hol (as I was going to be away), I might call Consultant and go and WI instead and save that week hols allowance, for another time.

xx

Hi there, sorry to read about your holiday but you'll have a great time whatever you do with the family. You're doing great with your diet, can I ask are you doing Extra Easy, I am doing SW but I do the Original mostly red days.

Hi there...I found you :D
is there an icon for sticking 2 fingers up? well if there is I will send you one for your hubby ;) -

Don't let the grumpy fart send you to the fridge :p - I think he should be grateful that you are making all kinds of different things. My hubby would be wearing his on his head if he got snotty with me (and he knows it) :8855:
I love cooking and thankfully hubby is always appretiative -even if, on occasion something I make "doesn't float his boat" :p....
I think that often a lot of fellas don't get our obsession with food ... men see it as simple -if you want to lose weight "eat less" ... if you want to stay as you are then do so "but stop moaning ;)....
Luckily my hubby is supportive, but Im sure he gets bored of my rattling about food ...then again I get the same feeling when he is waffling about cricket n golf as though I understand:8855:

You are doing great with your weightloss -don't give up the diary -i find mine helps me focuss and even if no-one else was to ever read it....just think -when we get to the end (Which we will) we will be able to look back and see how far we have come :D

Hope you have a good day out....

Last edited:
Husbands, eh! I'm sure if you were to stop cooking his meals for a few days he'll realise how much you do and how much appreciative he should be...I know my husband would probably only have one meal a day!(toasts and frozen pizzas probably!!!)
Well done for not going for the chocolate after this xx

Ah nikki! There are lots of people who visit your diary, but sometimes I think we forget that people need to know they aren't alone and we forget to post as we go.

Sorry to hear bout your hubby. My OH has only cooked twice for us since we moved into our new place (8 months ago!). He never appreciates that I do all the cooking, shopping etc and sometimes I just have enough and make a stand by not doing any of it!

It usually lead to an arguement and me being upset, Scott doesn't seem to get upset by anything! So sometimes I just have to remind myself that getting worked up will only cause me misery, not anyone else. Scott is the higher earner and not that he has every said it or would, him contributing more to the bills allows me to have my horse.

If you spoke to your hubby about what he said, would he listen to what you have to say?

Hi there, sorry to read about your holiday but you'll have a great time whatever you do with the family. You're doing great with your diet, can I ask are you doing Extra Easy, I am doing SW but I do the Original mostly red days.

Hello Adsnan and thanks for coming it to say hi, yes I am on Used to start out doing Red or Green but never had all my HE's so, EE it has been throughout :) and really liking it too. xx

Hi Hun, I try and go on this site on a daily basis to keep me motivated, just read your blog and my heart goes out to you I think my husband would be wearing his dinner if thats what he said to me!
Keep your chin up and enjoy yourself on your day out perhaps spk to you later

Hi Nikki, thanks for that. You know sometimes, you might over react and think that its you thats just being over sensetive? Well I'm glad I posted on here and great support too, thanks again. xx

Hi there...I found you :D
is there an icon for sticking 2 fingers up? well if there is I will send you one for your hubby ;) -

Don't let the grumpy fart send you to the fridge :p - I think he should be grateful that you are making all kinds of different things. My hubby would be wearing is on his head if he got snotty with me (and he knows it) :8855:
I love cooking and thankfully hubby is always appretiative -even if, on occasion something I make "doesn't float his boat" :p....
I think that often a lot of fellas don't get our obsession with food ... men see it as simple -if you want to lose weight "eat less" ... if you want to stay as you are then do so "but stop moaning ;)....
Luckily my hubby is supportive, but Im sure he gets bored of my rattling about food ...then again I get the same feeling when he is waffling about cricket n golf as though I understand:8855:

You are doing great with your weightloss -don't give up the diary -i find mine helps me focuss and even if no-one else was to ever read it....just think -when we get to the end (Which we will) we will be able to look back and see how far we have come :D

Hope you have a good day out....

Thanks capricorn, will carry on with the diary and its lovey to have suppot, thanks for coming over and reading mine. My OH siad that when we sit down, I "go on about how I cooked it and what is in it" and then he says "its just food" well.. he is not gonna know what hit him, it'll be Tesco's packed "ding" meals all week for him :D:D. Just food after all :) Revenge is sweet , lol x

Last edited:
Ah nikki! There are lots of people who visit your diary, but sometimes I think we forget that people need to know they aren't alone and we forget to post as we go.

Sorry to hear bout your hubby. My OH has only cooked twice for us since we moved into our new place (8 months ago!). He never appreciates that I do all the cooking, shopping etc and sometimes I just have enough and make a stand by not doing any of it!

It usually lead to an arguement and me being upset, Scott doesn't seem to get upset by anything! So sometimes I just have to remind myself that getting worked up will only cause me misery, not anyone else. Scott is the higher earner and not that he has every said it or would, him contributing more to the bills allows me to have my horse.

If you spoke to your hubby about what he said, would he listen to what you have to say?

Hi Kez.. thanks for coming over hun. Spoke to my OH and its me who's being over sensitive he thinks.. Thing is were were also supposed to go away this weekend (Tenerife) late booking, but he left it too late to look and of course when the flights were sky high it was a No Go.. So I felt deflated, wouldn't we all? A little quiet, but understood, so trying to look at doing something else instead of sitting around the house.. so WaterWorld fit the bill. I ended up booking it and paying for it too, hotel etc.. otherwise it'd be sitting in or popping to the local pub or cinema. So with that and his mean'ness with my cooking, its got a little too much shall we say.. Men EH!! lol. xx

Husbands, eh! I'm sure if you were to stop cooking his meals for a few days he'll realise how much you do and how much appreciative he should be...I know my husband would probably only have one meal a day!(toasts and frozen pizzas probably!!!)
Well done for not going for the chocolate after this xx

Hi Kibou.. thanks for coming over..and for your support. I've officially gone on Strike. Tesco packet meals will be stocked up on Tuesday for them all and I'll still cook for moi, lol.. Making meatballs with speghetti on Tues eve for me :). Not gonna let him get me down anymore. :Dxx

Hi Kibou.. thanks for coming over..and for your support. I've officially gone on Strike. Tesco packet meals will be stocked up on Tuesday for them all and I'll still cook for moi, lol.. Making meatballs with speghetti on Tues eve for me :). Not gonna let him get me down anymore. :Dxx

I'm sure by the end of the week he'll have come to his senses and if he doesn't its his loss not yours. You'll be having lovely meals and he'll still be eating out of packets. Enjoy your break you are coming within 20 mins of where I live in Cheshire, you'll love Aquaworld if you haven't been before. Take care and keep on the plan, don't give in - you're worth it!

That you all for your lovely support, I must say, it was fantastic to receive it too. A decision made to not allow him to affect me like that again. I'm sure he would have had enough of his Tesco packet meals by end of the week, lol.

Weekend was lovely, apart from the atmosphere, but didn't let that get to me at all!

I had save lots of syn for Sunday night and think I went over by 7, so all not too bad. But then yesterday was hard, out of hotel and stopped off at Morrissons nr aqua world for breakfast, I did ok, yogurt and fruit.. then lunch found a M & S food at Cheshire Oaks, late lunch and got sushi - 0.5 syns and l/fat crisps 4.5 syns, so all was going well.. Then we aimed to stop at a Harvester instead of the Services on the way back.. but couldn't find anything resembling it, so ended up with a chineese take away late last night, and didn't make the right choices, ended up having 23 syns!!! So 28 all day. Silly me.

WI this morn (thought it started at 9am, didn't start till 9.30am, lol.. Consultant must have thought I was mad getting there that early :8855:) and that reflected the above, 2lb off, I know If I had gone to the WI this eve, it wouldn't have been anything. So that will really make me think for next week. Got to get 3lb off. Bought a curry book in group this morn.

Aqua World was good, both teen boys enjoyed it and I was too until I thought I was getting into shallow water, held on the side and it was deep, so caught my arm on the way in.. Huge bump and bruised, can't lift my arm this morning so no Body Punp tonight for me. Will go Sat and Sunday at the weekend to make up for it and do 2 classes and swim too.

Not sure of my food for today, but aim for 10 syns and will post that up later. x

Ah ha!!

Good for you, I wouldnt put up with that either. You only made a joke for goodness sake! I wouldnt have even got him any packets in!

Well done again on your 2lb though. Thats awesome after a big weekend!

Wowww, talk about a busy week. Not much time to post, but will try to get on as much as I can.

Feel pretty bloated today, popped on scales and a slight gain, its my star week, although I don't actually have them anymore as such, as I take medication to stop them, I still get that bloatedness.. so need to focus more on S/f foods this week me thinks.

Going to batch cook this eve, got Thorpe Park tomorrow and then back about 7.30 and straight to my night job. So making s/w scotch eggs tonight,SW KFC chicken, Cajun Chicken and Rice and a prawn salad. I have a huge bowl of fruit so will take that with me too.

Food for today:

Bfast - Blueberries, Banana and Toffee WW Yogurt
Snack - Pear and Apple
lunch - Pasta bake from last night (3.5) and mango slices
Snack - Pear
Dinner - SW Lasagne and sw chips
snacks - 2 alpen light bars and WW Vanilla Yogurt

2 litres of water today :)

Heres for 100 % day. x

Hi Nikki, Just thought I would post on here as you have been so supportive of everyone else on the From here to Eternally Slim threads. Really sorry your hubby is being a bit of a b**tard about your cooking. They just do not understand that when we are on a diet and spending a lot of time thinking about food and cooking that we want to feel appreciated.

Anyhow honey, I hope he is enjoying his plastic food - not:8855:

Keep up the good work!

Hi Nikki

thought I would pop by and see how things are going?
Well done on the loss :clap:
You sound super organised with all that food you are making for your day out..
keep up the great work :D

What a week it has been. Was at Thorpe Park yesterday with my group and looked after all the bags, headed straight for the beach and sat there for about 5 hours, lol :D.. Tanned up and paddled and kids were happy they didn't have to walk about with their bags.

My work colleague who helped me yesterday who is also on SW, made sw scotch eggs. They were lovely, so gonna try and do those this weekend.:)

Worked last night and my arm has been playing up since I fell last Monday, so thought I'd pop along to the hospital this morning to get that checked out. Fracture and large Hematoma later :confused:, I'm in a sling, driving myself home :(. So Doctors orders, 2 weeks til Fracture Clinic and if I have the all clear, I can then resume work and driving. Need to stay off work as most of my job involves driving now inbetween schools and they won't be insured should I fall again becuase of it. Politics eh :sigh:! So hoping the sun will shine this week, so I can study in the garden and get a lot of my NVQ work done :).

Supposed to be working tonight, but Manager thinks I should be off again for insurance reasons. But will chat to him later to see, as I do enjoy going over there.

Not eaten anything yet as painkillers are making me feel a bit icky but plan:

Late B/fast - 2 boiled eggs (f) and a banana(sf)
Lunch - L/Fat super noodles (f), blueberries(sf) and ww yogurt and crab sticks (F)
Snack - Apple (sf) and Pear(sf) and Alpen Light bar (HEB)
Dinner - Syngapore Chow Mein (F and SF)
Snacks - Mixed Fresh Fruit and Alpen Light Bar

Not sure about syns yet.

Hope its a good 100% day :)

Hi Eternalflame,
Hope your arm will get better soon and that you'll be able to drive in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime, enjoy your time off x

Back