Getting back in zone, to loose for good!!

Thanks Kibou. Have decided to use the time to do some studying which is long overdue now, lots of walking in the park near me and sit ups, if I can. Will give it a try anyway. Hope the weather stays like this, it'll give me time to sit in the garden with my folder lol. x

What a week it has been. Was at Thorpe Park yesterday with my group and looked after all the bags, headed straight for the beach and sat there for about 5 hours, lol :D.. Tanned up and paddled and kids were happy they didn't have to walk about with their bags.

My work colleague who helped me yesterday who is also on SW, made sw scotch eggs. They were lovely, so gonna try and do those this weekend.:)

Worked last night and my arm has been playing up since I fell last Monday, so thought I'd pop along to the hospital this morning to get that checked out. Fracture and large Hematoma later :confused:, I'm in a sling, driving myself home :(. So Doctors orders, 2 weeks til Fracture Clinic and if I have the all clear, I can then resume work and driving. Need to stay off work as most of my job involves driving now inbetween schools and they won't be insured should I fall again becuase of it. Politics eh :sigh:! So hoping the sun will shine this week, so I can study in the garden and get a lot of my NVQ work done :).

Supposed to be working tonight, but Manager thinks I should be off again for insurance reasons. But will chat to him later to see, as I do enjoy going over there.

Not eaten anything yet as painkillers are making me feel a bit icky but plan:

Late B/fast - 2 boiled eggs (f) and a banana(sf)
Lunch - L/Fat super noodles (f), blueberries(sf) and ww yogurt and crab sticks (F)
Snack - Apple (sf) and Pear(sf) and Alpen Light bar (HEB)
Dinner - Syngapore Chow Mein (F and SF)
Snacks - Mixed Fresh Fruit and Alpen Light Bar

Not sure about syns yet.

Hope its a good 100% day :)

Sorry about your arm, but it could be fate to give you the chance to get your studying done for your NVQ. Make the most of the time and then be raring to go again. At least the arm will stop you being on the plan :)

Thanks Adsnan, my mum said the same.. said that things happen for a reason,so maybe its time to sit and stop for a while and take stock.. Thinking more on those lines now, but not sure i'll be thinking that in 2 weeks if they say I now need an Op, lol and then 6 weeks in cast! I'll do everything I need to do so that is minimal. WI tomorrow eve and will walk to the group, only half a mile each way, and then meeting my friend in the pub at the top of my road after for a diet coke and a chicken salad :) x

Got the feeling last week, that when I saved most of my syns for one eve, I'd gained and slowed losses that week. So if I don't use my syns all up in 1 day, ok to carry over the next day, but not any further. Not sure about the day before WI though :confused:!

Did a nice sauce last night :clap: I( used 8 syns) for my L/F Peanut Butter satay sauce - 2tbsp which I melted in a little hot water and added some soy sauce, drizzled this over my pork and noodle stir fry,it was lush :checkmark green:! Mmmm :)

Ok.. Food for today is looking ok:

Bfast - scrambled egg (f) with 2 L/F LC triangles and a wee drizzle of skimmed milk (1/2 HEA)
Snack - Apple
Lunch - L/Fat super noodles
Snack - Pear and banana
Dinner - BBQ :) - Peppered Steak, seasoned chicken thighs (f), Jacket Pot (f), Salad (sf) and Carrot (sf) and Potatoe (f) Rosti (sw way)
Snack - Fruit Salad (sf), Muller light Yogurt (f) and 2 alpen Light Bars (HEB)

That should all be free for today

I have 2 syns from yest, but as tomorrow is my WI day, I'm erring on the side of caution :eek:. Don't want another gain on the WI day at all. So I'll leave those now and just got with my 10 for today.Might go for a curly wirly - 6 or leave them all together for a better loss. I'll see if I can resist :)

Hoping for 3lb loss tomorrow :). Was debating now that I'm off work for a cpl of weeks, to go to the Tues Morn WI, but then I'd go back to the eve group after my arm is ok, so thought it better to leave it as it is.

Last edited:
So glad I didn't save any syns from Sat and used them last night. I hopped on scales, I know I shouldn't had, this morn and they looked like I'd lost 5lb!! But.. I know sw scales and an eve WI can make a difference by 3lb!! So I am hoping for 3lb, but 2lb will be ok.

Not much will pass my lips today before WI this eve, so it looks a little like this:

Bfast - Blueberies and Vanilla M/light Yogurt.
lunch - Apple and Pear and 1 Alpen Light Bar
Snacks - 2 pears. F(note, most of this is fibre food ;))
Dinner (after WI) - Pub meal and a few vodka and diet cokes :)

Gonna go for a walk this morn, can't drive for next 2 weeks at least so need to get exercising now, lol.. sling or no sling, not gonna let this fracture stop me loosing weight, Tomorrow I have it all planned, right down to the last syn - 100% aim to be. So I can have a 2-3lb loss again next week. Here's hoping anyway.

Made some free Potatoe Rosti's yest, they were lovely, grated 2 carrots and an onion in the mixture too, eggs and lots of seasoning, fry light and baked for 30 mins, Mmmmmm, Will try the Potatoe Croquettes this week and fish cakes too :)x

Back from Gp as had to get Medical Cert for work. Had to walk, so 5km's there and back..wo might not be able to get to the gym, but I'd determined to walk at least 7000 steps a day (burned 235 cals)! Must shift the fat, lol. x

Last edited:
Well done for your positive outlook on things. With this attitude, there's no way this fracture will prevent you from losing weight...especially if you walk 5 km regularly!
Good luck for weigh in tonight x

Hi Nikki
Had a quick look through some of your food diary's, and have taken some ideas from you, Thanks for getting back to me and your help unfortunatly I can't afford to go to a class due to not working at the moment so I find this forum really helpful!:)

Thai spiced chicken sounds lovely - I'm def having it!! Just joined minimins but been SW since November. I'm loving minimins. Lost 15 pounds so far - bit of a bump in the road just after Christmas but hopefully back on the straight and narrow now.

Hello Rainbow. Thanks for popping in, I enjoy SW and especially the EE, can't believe all those years ago when I last did the plan it was green or Red.. Who would have thought you'd be eating a huge pile of rice and curry on the same plate and still loose weight.

This forum is fab.. keeps me on track and the recipes are amazing on here.. never get bored. xx

Morning - drizzling down like a watering can here in Essex - but not phasing me at all.. Off to Norwich this morning to see my Nan, which is about a 3 hour drive, Mum is driving so can sit and chat, which will be nice.

My arm is aching more today, not sure why, and the lump on it is more prominent. Hope it goes down, as really don't want to be in cast for another 6 weeks.

Anyway, WI last night and lost 2lb, hoped for 3lb, but that is my fault for hopping on the scales, so can't blame anyone but me. Scales now banished to Garage and changing WI til I go back to work, to a Tues Morn instead of Monday eve's..

B-fast - M/Light Yogurt and Banana(sf),
Lunch- Jacket (F) with Beans (F) (hoping I can get that somewhere today)
Dinner - Pasta n sauce with l/f cheese on top and salad

Snacks - 2 pears (sf), 2 apples(sf), 2 Alpen Lights and a curly wurly (6)

Well done on the loss Nikki :happy036:
Hope you have a great day out, and hope the arm eases up.
Take care

Thanks Tracy and Capricorn.Just hope that I get a better loss next week. Kind of hoped for 3lb, but even though I'm happy with 2lb, I would like a better loss then that. So will carry on as I have been and keep plugging away. Might need to do a few Red Days next week if my loss is still 2lb, as really want to increase that ready for my hols in August. Lots of walking this week me thinks :).

Tracy, are you now back in the swing of your plan?

Capricorn, you never cease to amaze me with the colouful pics of your food, looks so yummy :)

OH has gone away this morning, to Portugal, playing golf and watching footie with 8 of his mates, back sunday eve lucky sod!! lol.. So here, with the kids alone, which is kind of nice as my OH's 2 boys treat me differently when he's not about, better for some reason!! Said that the youngest can have some of his mates over on Fri to watch the football and eat pizza! So that went down well :)

Only ended up having 6.5 syns last night, so carrying over those 3.5 to today.

Food for today looks a little like this, Syns to use - 13.5:

B-fast - Bacon (f), 2 l/fat sausages (1 syn), mushrooms (sf) , beans(f), and poached egg (f).

Snack - banana, apple and pear (sf),

Lunch - Salad (sf) and 2 sw scotch eggs (using, couscous (f) 4 l/fat sausages - 2 syns with 2 eggs (f) ) and fat free dressing

Snack -ww yogurt (f),
Fruit pack(sf)

Dinner - Speg Bol - Lean mince (f), Passatta (f), Baby corn and mushrooms (sf), worcestershire sauce , mixed herbs (f), and dry speghetti (f), 20g L/fat grated cheese (1/2 HEA)

Desert - 2 alpen lights (HEB), Curly wurly (6). That makes 9 used, so will think about what to use the other 4.5 on, maybe extra cheese on my speg bol!!

Going for a walk at 11.30am, should take an hr and half, so should be famished for my scotch eggs and salad for lunch, mmmm.

Back