Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Thanks you lovely lot! :)

4 days of attack and I lost 7lbs. Very happy with that, now just preparing myself for a bit of a gain after my veggie feast just now.

I've found things a bit of a struggle, lots of temptations and stresses but stayed on track. Wine would have been nice tonight!

Breakfast - muffins

Lunch - chicken breast, cherry toms, cucumber and yoghurt.

Dinner - steak, eggs, brussels and spinach. LOADS of it!!

So full!!!

PP today and felt like I could do with some comforting roast squash with my chicken! Held out and just had chicken thighs while I dished up a full roast for my family (ouch!!!) I added some salad leaves to my plate just so it didn't look too odd to my children. I'm very aware that they are at an age where my eating habits could impact them and I really, really don't want that. So would rather 'dress' my plate ;)

It's only a couple of months (hopefully!!!) and I can then eat a little more normally around them.

Went for a very very long (and cold!) walk with my 3. Was lovely but they all had treats, chocolates, biscuits etc and I was feeling rather left out! Didn't break and just kept thinking 'its not forever ,just a couple months!'

Been thinking about my plans once I have reached target and the 5:2 fast diet is looking more and more likely. I dabbled with it pre Xmas and lost 6lbs but wasn't in the right place for weightloss and just started feasting daily - not the idea!!! Lol ;)

So once I have reached target, hopefully by early April, I'll start that plan. I know I should follow each stage of Dukan, but I think 5:2 should have the same impact and its something I feel I can do long term. I don't want to fall at the maintenance phase again...

So food:

Breakfast - turkey rashers and 2 eggs

Lunch - ham slices (was desperate and best I could find out!)

Dinner - chicken thighs and yoghurt

Need to fit in my oatbran and yoghurt later with a cuppa!!

Hope you've all had a good one! Xx

Your doing fab. I'm just wondering about what your saying about the 5:2 once your at tw ???? is this a common move or have you read about this???? you have me intrigued

Hi Sid - I don't know of anyone that has done it yet. I can be a bit of an excitement ;)

The diet is the one that was on horizon a while back and there is a book out now (not sure if you've heard of it?)

I know I can lose on Dukan, but I get a bit nervous around maintaining. I felt positive when on 5:2 previously and super liberated, also there are lots of health benefits so hoping all will work to plan....

Oh you mean juddd the fasting diet?

Yep, sorry not a new Dukan thang :)

I'm really not convinced but it's horses for courses I suppose. Half the people on here fret about the fact you can eat any amount of permitted foods on Dukan, feeling that it encourages their bingeing instincts. I am in the other half, where I'd rather eat unlimited amounts of healthy food than open the floodgates for crap. What was everyone else doing eating sweets, biscuits, etc on a walk anyway? Should be banned IMO. But you're right, we all need to recognise how we're going to maintain a healthy weight in the long term. Good luck xx

Lovely but very cold day off today. Not really looking forward to work tomorrow and food issues as on a pp and supposed to be getting lunch with colleagues. Could be fun! Might opt for Japanese and just have sashimi. Will see what everyone else wants!

Anyway - food today has been good, except I hadn't had time to bake my muffins, so missed my oatbran today. Need to get organised there again!

B - nothing, straight out to a toddler group and no time before school run.

Lunch - chicken breast from last night and homemade chicken veg soup. Lovely and warming!

Dinner - 2 chicken thighs with courgette, tomatoes, pepper and mushrooms with broccoli on the side. Yum!!

Pp day tomorrow - cant say I am overly looking forward to it in this weather. Feel like I need lots of warm stuff. I'll just guzzle tea ;)

Hope all good with everyone!

difficult with little ones but you know.....get organised chuck xxx

You're doing great, couteaux. I know what you mean about not wanting to eat strangely in front of the children, I have a 14-year-old daughter who is constantly going on about how fat she is when if anything she's probably slightly underweight. All my kids are in and out in the evenings and at weekends though so we rarely eat together and when we sit down for Sunday dinner I make sure I pile my plate high with meat and vegetables.

As for keeping warm on a pp day, can you put chicken soup in a flask? Good luck xx

Lovely but very cold day off today. Not really looking forward to work tomorrow and food issues as on a pp and supposed to be getting lunch with colleagues. Could be fun! Might opt for Japanese and just have sashimi. Will see what everyone else wants!

Anyway - food today has been good, except I hadn't had time to bake my muffins, so missed my oatbran today. Need to get organised there again!

B - nothing, straight out to a toddler group and no time before school run.

Lunch - chicken breast from last night and homemade chicken veg soup. Lovely and warming!

Dinner - 2 chicken thighs with courgette, tomatoes, pepper and mushrooms with broccoli on the side. Yum!!

Pp day tomorrow - cant say I am overly looking forward to it in this weather. Feel like I need lots of warm stuff. I'll just guzzle tea ;)

Hope all good with everyone!

Good stuff Couteaux! Keep on keepin' on :D

P x

Thanks Sarah and P.

Sarah - it's scary isn't it, how young children are so aware of weight/size when they really don't need to be! My son (7) started commenting that he was fat.. He's perfect and 7 for goodness sake! It is bonkers and I do worry for my girls as they get older. I hope I'll have sorted my stuff out enough to just be a good enough role model for them.

Chicken soup is a good idea for a pp - do you make that? I normally do chicken and veg... If you know of a good recipe do shout! :)

Food today (polishes halo!) I managed to just get some salmon sashimi and left the salad it came with! Luckily we were having a discussion about health/diets so I could be honest rather than feeling like the mad girl that leaves 90% of her meal! It did seem a waste but glad I stuck to my pp day.

I devoured 3 pieces of chicken as soon as home and dinner was a chicken omelet.

All good but looking forward to those veggies today!!

You're doing great, couteaux. I know what you mean about not wanting to eat strangely in front of the children, I have a 14-year-old daughter who is constantly going on about how fat she is when if anything she's probably slightly underweight. All my kids are in and out in the evenings and at weekends though so we rarely eat together and when we sit down for Sunday dinner I make sure I pile my plate high with meat and vegetables.

As for keeping warm on a pp day, can you put chicken soup in a flask? Good luck xx

Sorry Sara, for the typo!! Got your name wrong in my post.

Well Deserved polished halo xxx your back in the Zone xxx chicken soup sounds lush xxx

Hello there, and glad to see you're getting organised...
At weekends, I often make a vat of chicken soup (as I use it as a snack in the winter - soup isn't a meal in my book so I never have it as one!!). I simply have loads of chicken, dried herbs, water, and a fat free stock cube (don't think you can get them but you can get reduced salt ones), you can boil up with an onion cut in quarters for the flavour and then remove before whizzing...

Another thought ref children - I used to do 4PPs followed by 3PVs each week, so as to always be on PV at the weekend. You might find this useful for you so as to be able to partake in the family roast dinner each Sunday.

For your breakfast, if you double the muffin mixture at the weekend, you get 4 days muffins, so you can freeze them for a couple of weekday breakfasts! I never eat until I'm at my desk!

Cluck cluck...

Hello there, and glad to see you're getting organised...
At weekends, I often make a vat of chicken soup (as I use it as a snack in the winter - soup isn't a meal in my book so I never have it as one!!). I simply have loads of chicken, dried herbs, water, and a fat free stock cube (don't think you can get them but you can get reduced salt ones), you can boil up with an onion cut in quarters for the flavour and then remove before whizzing...

Another thought ref children - I used to do 4PPs followed by 3PVs each week, so as to always be on PV at the weekend. You might find this useful for you so as to be able to partake in the family roast dinner each Sunday.

For your breakfast, if you double the muffin mixture at the weekend, you get 4 days muffins, so you can freeze them for a couple of weekday breakfasts! I never eat until I'm at my desk!

Cluck cluck...

Oooooh I am liking these tips!! That soup sounds lovely, will make some this w'end :)

I was toying with the idea of the 4PP days last night actually as I would really like to have the weekend for proper meals (inc veg) where we all sit together and I don't look bonkers.
Did you find the 4 days a struggle? In theory it should be fine and actually easier as they are always more hectic days with me working... I'll give it a try! :)

Now for some daft news! You know when you wake up and think 'I really must not weigh myself today! Just don't do it, you have your period, it won't be good news!' But on you jump anyway, slightly lemming-like?

You can guess the end result!! 2lbs on since attack lol. I know it isn't real as I have been ridiculously good. But I do wish I would listen to myself in future.

Anyway, today was going to be a pv but think I will try the pp again from today so I have my weekend free :)

Breakfast - yoghurt and oatbran (until I bake on Friday and stock up on muffins again!)

Lunch - chicken thigh, tuna and yoghurt (interesting combo!!)

Dinner - burgers

Also making tandoori chicken breast so will prob munch a couple pieces at some point.

Have a good day all!!

Lunch .... hmmm, good luck with that! ;)

P x

Haha, yes, thanks P!! It was going to be salad and tuna/chicken, but my change to pp has thrown my ideas slightly.

I can't wait....

I used to do pp Mon - Thu and pv Fri - Sun when I was on cruise - works very well and if you weigh in on a Friday you're probably at your lightest then too! I would swap the Friday if there was a day earlier in the week when I was eating out or something.

I boil up the chicken carcass after the Sunday roast, with an onion, a carrot and some herbs. I then strain the stock and cool it so I can scoop the fat off the top. Then I reduce it down so it has more flavour and add some of the left over cooked chicken. If it's still a bit bland some soy sauce livens it up.

Someone on here said they quickly down a glass of water when they wake up in the morning so they aren't tempted to jump on the scales - I thought that was brilliant!

Keep up the really good work, Couteaux, you're going great guns xx

Back