Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Thanks Sid and Jojo!

Today felt rather productive food wise as I have plenty ready for the week ahead. I made a big batch of soup but didn't have any today, all in the fridge ready for next cpl days, I have more beef to eat up, half a cooked chicken and some salmon to cook :) should make the next few work days a bit easier! so tomorrow is...

Breakfast - muffins (plus meat if hungry)

Lunch - chicken breast and cottage cheese

Snack - chicken soup

Dinner - salmon fillet and fromage frais.

Things bit stressy on home front as OH might be up for redundancy. Will find out what's happening tomorrow, trying not to worry at mo but mind thinking all sorts. And relax.......

Have a good evening, early one here, in my pj's in bed already!!

Know how you feel re., redumdancy hubbys firm been through it three times in a year and each time he thinks its him xxx try to be positive xxx..............

Thanks sid x it's rubbish isn't it! Hope all ok for your husband! Xx

oooh Couteaux - glad to see that you're cooking up a storm there (are those heart shaped muffins that I saw in your photo? awh! They do freeze well so it's a good idea to bake a big batch. Do you flavour them at all? I don't like sweet ones but always put some crabstick in them for some flavour!).

Fingers crossed re hubby's job...

Thanks Chris & Jo x going to put it out of my mind as much as poss until this arvo.

Jo - yes! I have some little heart shaped silicone cases, like to mix it up a little ;) they are all v small, but I prefer to have lots of little ones to make me feel like I have more quantity. Silly 'eh! ;)

I usually add a little vanilla essence but that has run out so used some proper vanilla from a pod. Taste really good! I don't make them very sweet at all, just one tbs of Splenda for 7 days worth. Just adds a little hint rather than being overly sweet tasting.

Last time around I always baked a huge batch to freeze, so trying to do that again and just take a bag out the night before. :)

I found a good app last night for monitoring weight loss - I find progress photos really motivating, but with 3 kids, I don't really want them looking and finding pics of my tummy or me in pants on my phone LoL!! So, this app allows you to take pics and track then against the date, and is pin protected!!

Just downloaded last night so going to test it all out today but looks good. It's silly, but when you slim down, you can't really remember Accurately how big you were and can still feel huge, so I want realistic (horrific!!) ;) pics so I can feel better at target knowing where I have come from, if that makes sense?

Thanks Sara.

I sometimes wish I had a life size cardboard cut out of me at 17st2 so I could really appreciate where I am now, and one at each stone until I get to target. I didn't fully appreciate my lower weight until the lbs started creeping on again, but am relieved I realised what I was doing before I hit 14 stone rather thAn the 15/16 stone I used to get to!

Btw - the app looks pretty good. Took my pics (shudder!) I look like a candidate for a full body lift lol oh well, things can only get better ;)

OH due for the meeting in 15 mins. Been so busy I didn't think too much about it until now....

Anyway, can't do anything from here so!

Food ok, looking forward to my salmon and all fine on the pp front! :)

your muffins look lovely, esp the heart shaped ones. Going to look for the app that you mentioned, taking pics I also find is a good reminder of the journey, it is so easy to creep back up again &convince myself that I'm not heading in the wrong direction until the gain is so big that I feel terrible about it (if that makes sense?)
Liking your menus also.

I like to look back on my before pictures because it does so motivate you not to return to old eating habbits . lol love the idea of life size cut outs of your weight loss. xxx

your muffins look lovely, esp the heart shaped ones. Going to look for the app that you mentioned, taking pics I also find is a good reminder of the journey, it is so easy to creep back up again &convince myself that I'm not heading in the wrong direction until the gain is so big that I feel terrible about it (if that makes sense?) Liking your menus also.

I am exactly the same! I managed to ignore every lb on the scale until one day I looked at myself properly and 2 stone was back on and I was suddenly looking for clothes to cover up my lumps and bumps! Silly aren't we! Lol :D Not sure if I can mention the app, feel free to pm if you wanted the name :)

Sid - they are super for motivation aren't they! Now my target pics are what I am so desperate to get back to! :)

OH didn't find much out at his meeting - apparently they were just told what they already know, so no further on! At least it isn't v bad news yet though!

Food has been good today :) not that fussed, just eating for fuel, such an alien feeling compared to when I am not on Dukan. Then every waking minute is an eating opportunity!!

I needed something for pud after my salmon which seemed a bit too rich and was so happy to see SF jelly in the fridge (pinched from kiddies!!) who knew it could be so amazing? Lol!

Made some with fat free fromage frais for tomorrow - yum!

Have a good night all :)

Ive just made up jelly too, cheap and soooooo tasty. Hope your hubby news comes quickly as its a nightmare 'just' waiting, night night xxx

Bleugh! Didn't want to get up this morning, the bed was far too warm and cosy! Snow all clearing which was met with "ooowwwwwwwhhh!!" By my 2 older children as they left this morning ;)

Have my food delivery coming this morning so will be all stocked freezer wise :)

Food - muffins

Lunch - chicken soup and cold beef

Dinner - roast chicken thighs with cottage cheese

Snacks - beef/ crab sticks / jelly!!

Feeling fine on the extended pp days, hopefully that feeling will last!!

Now - question!! I am meeting a load of old work colleagues tomorrow night and normally that would involve lots of wine, but I'm obv off that at the mo. if I am honest, they will try and badger me to have just one "it wont hurt!" but i know i will feel like i have ruined things... so need an excuse as I am not up for having my willpower tested all night! Anyone got any ideas? ;) was thinking of being on antibiotics...

just eating for fuel, such an alien feeling compared to when I am not on Dukan. Then every waking minute is an eating opportunity!!

Love that quote!!

Be on antibiotics, be the designated driver (or drink gin/vodka + diet coke!)... My way now, when people start trying the "just one, just a little" argument, I give it to them straight. I can't do one or a little, I want it ALL! That usually shuts them up (cos they want some!).

:)

Be on antibiotics, be the designated driver (or drink gin/vodka + diet coke!)... My way now, when people start trying the "just one, just a little" argument, I give it to them straight. I can't do one or a little, I want it ALL! That usually shuts them up (cos they want some!).

Antibiotics it is! They will start thinking I'm pregnant again if I don't have a valid reason ;)

Oh....my.....word. I had forgotten how divine sugarfree jelly mixed with VLFf fromage frais is!! It feel like such a creamy treat at the moment.

I used to make it when on SW and again on Dukan, but for some reason it tastes fan-blooming-tastic today!!! ;o) It tastes like a real pud and the FF has lost the bitterness. yum and once again YUM! :D

Happy Thursday! I can say that as I am off tomorrow with my babies! :) hoorah!!

Out for drinks tonight and looking forward to them, but also bit apprehensive. They will all
Be getting sozzled, i will be sober and getting tired lol. Will be good to catch up and nice waking up with a clear head!!

Food - I didn't eat until 12, busy with work and I had thought I had muffins ready, but they were waiting for me in the freezer - whoops!!

Lunch - 2 slices ham, 2 eggs, 2 chicken thighs. I see a pattern again...

Dinner - need something substantial so I am not overcome with the munchies later... More chicken thighs I expect! ;)

Official weigh in tomoz - had a sneaky peak this am and looks like I am down 2, will report back tomorrow :)
Have a lovely day all.

Argh... I'm having a boozy wobble! Do I have a drink or not? Hope I can keep my resolve but feeling more in the mood for a little tipple with friends... Eeeeeeeek!!

Im not givivng any advice.......................................but

I didn't drink!!! I am very pleased with myself :) the night was lovely, great to catch up and I didn't need to have a drink, so I stuck to diet coke all night and feel really glad I did!

I read a few things I had written before starting back on Dukan, how I was feeling, what I want to achieve etc and it kept me on the straight and narrow ;)

3 people did ask if I was pregnant hah!! I decided to come clean and just tell them, all were fine and didn't badger me! Very very pleased. It wouldn't have made my night any better, and I would have felt pretty rotten tomorrow, iso YAY!! :)

Oh I am glad Couteaux. It's true that the feeling we get having come through a challenge far outweighs the seconds of wobbling with the "shall I...?" questions.

I remember in my cognitive therapy book (I only got through two chapters) saying that every time you eat something you weren’t supposed to, you strengthen your giving in muscle, which makes it more likely that the next time you’ll give in and the time after that and the time after that. Every time you stick to your plan when you’re tempted to eat something else, you strengthen your resistance muscle, which makes it more likely that the next time you’ll resist, and the time after that and the time after that. GO GIRL, your resistance muscle is strengthening!!

Back