Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Oh C, I am so sorry to read the STS!!! Blimmin hard to take, from one Dukaner to another when it happened to me I was broken and could not do it...... I am not sure why you are stalling, are all your menus posted? Would have thought they were perfect as you know what your doing. Go back to your 5/2 routine for a bit and again leave the scales alone..... Is it TOTM??? Do you feel you are retaining fluid? Is is worth taking some of those herbal tablets to help with water retention if you feel bloated? Just some thoughts.... Sending you tons of hugs and positive thoughts cos I really do know what you are going through lovely! Be strong and get on the recipe thread for some new ideas to jazz up your food! xxxx

Thanks Trudy xx really appreciate your words. I have just posted menus on my diary and the only thing I could think of was diet coke, but I hardly drinking vast quantities. Not TOM - baffled :(

The 5:2 is actually a different plan (hangs head in Dukan shame) it's the fasting 2 days per week. I think I just need to try the other plan again as it feels like I am trying so so hard, and not getting the results. I should probably give it another week, but you know how hard that is When the sales aren't budging.

I'll do some thinking today :)

How are you Couteaux?

Hi Jo,

How are you? Feeling bit sheepish here having returned to the 5:2 fasting diet I tried before Christmas.

I was just feeling really low about Dukan. I'm cross with myself as I am sure a nice loss was just a week away and if I had stuck with it, i would have got a good result again, but I was feeling grim and the maintains weren't helping.

So, I'm planning to be sensible and healthy and not go on a carb binge, staying away from white bread etc and fingers crossed this will work.

I was baking all day yesterday for a charity sale we are having at work and I've decided to fast today, wish me luck ;)

I'll keep posting just to update etc if all ok and will change the title - xx

C, I know how u have been feeling and also that there are many roads to Rome! Keep posting on here so we can still support u! This weight thing is such a mind game isn't it? Remember how u were feeling when u were off any plan and how annoyed u were when clothes looked rubbish, being in control will banish those feelings and so go for it C and fingers crossed! X
I feel comfortable back on dukan and desperately want to weigh again but staying away until next week - made some good food which has helped and my new oven is cooking up muffins a storm - they r so cake like and delish!

Hows the fast been C???? xxxx

Thanks Trudy and P xx

Trudy you are totally right re how I felt off plan and I want to stay away from that feeling and just keep focused on healthy eating. It felt very weird having non dukan stuff over the weekend but I've been very good about what I am allowing myself (within reason!)

First fast has been perfect so far. I was working today and we were so busy that I had no time to think of food! Only really hungry now I am home and feeding my 3 :)
I'll be cooking a veg stirfry for dinner and have 500 cals to play with, so might go crazy and add an egg! ;) I try and get as much for my cals as possible volume wise.

Tomorrow I plan to have roast chicken and veggies for dinner and will try to stay off the carbs still, just adding more pulses, occasional treats etc but I want 2 days to be v healthy without processed carbs and then weekends free.

Thanks for your continued support, I really appreciate it xoxox

Sounds like a good plan C, whichever diet we decide to follow your head needs to be in the right place doesn't it and you seem to be there again which is fab!!! Tomorrows plan sounds good too!!! I keep thinking about that resistance muscle strengthening and the weak willed one wilting away!!!! I can only wish!!! LOL! x

I have a good friend (first met on internet, now in real life too!) who lost her weight in part through the Juddd diet (alternate 500 cals, and 2,000 cal days). On her 500 calorie days, she'd talk of eating berries... check out strawbs, rasps, blueberries etc in your local supermarket (shame we're in winter) and you can make yourself fabulous fruit bowlfuls of loveliness for very few calories! Might cost an arm and a leg in winter though!

If you find yourself going too far the other way, you can always dip into the Dukan protein basket to fill yourself up and stop a potential binge...

Good luck and don't disappear!!

Jo - the funny thing is, I was craving meat the other day, after days of not wanting to see another chicken!! Lol I knew it was what I needed to feel fuller though. I need to make sure I still have plenty of good stuff in the fridge to grab when needed.

Good idea re the berries, I have frozen ones I could add to some yoghurt actually :)

I'm trying to be sensible, adding plenty of veg etc. annoyinly I had planned to have my roast chicken today but ended up having to cook it last night before it was off - boo! So today turned into a veggie chicken risotto thing. A bit SW-ish, not on purpose.

Fasting tomorrow and I will hold out as long as poss as once I start, the hunger just gets stronger!

Debating giving the scales a break this week and having my first weigh in next fri - let's see how that goes ;) I could do with a week free from annoying numbers!!

oooh so you literally eat nothing until you can't wait any longer on a "fast" day? :eek:

oooh so you literally eat nothing until you can't wait any longer on a "fast" day? :eek:

Yep! I tried it different ways when I did it before and found if I started eating at breakfast or lunch, I would want more and more, whereas on a busy work day, I often don't get round to eating until the afternoon anyway. So I just go another couple of hours and I can have bigger meal in early eve with family. :)

It is amazing what you can cram into 500 calories though isn't it C??? I often would make a huge stir fry with chicken stock rather than protein and found it really filling all for around 125 calories!!! LOL! Love bean sprouts and mushroom and onion with soy too!! Easily pleased!!! Hope your feeling better - I weighed this morning and have only lost one more pound from my five day PP run but feeling better so onwards and downwards!!! Have a great day and fingers crossed it's a good one! x

Trudy, it really is! And being the piggie that I am, I would rather have something substantial in one meal rather than feel hard done by at dinner Lol ;)

I made a huge stir fry on monday and even had enough cals for a small portion of rice. Should have had protein really, will do that today!

Currently on up days so I won't go into what is being consumed! I need to pick up my exercise as I am feeling very wobbly at the moment. This time last year I was running 3 times a week and it definitely had a positive impact on my shape, just can't seem to find my motivation to do it. I'm going to start with a couple 3 walks per week and hope that will help a bit.

So - my intention of being really good and staying away from carbs hasn't been hugely successful, but I am not being ridiculous, just a wee bit silly ;)

Have a great weekend all! :) xx

Another fast day done - crazily busy with kiddies and now just doing some work (yuk!) I am pooped but looking forward to food tomorrow :)

Hope everyone ok xox

Couteaux, I can't begin to comment on this feast/fast scenario, though I wish you well with it. I am convinced, however, that the sooner you can get back to running the better you'll feel. Why don't you start really gently (hard when you have been a runner in the past)? Others are doing the Couch to 5K. All I know is, even when the scales aren't obliging,toned thighs, abs and butt make me feel much better! xx

How you doing C???? Feast or fast day??? Hope all is good with you! xxx

Back