Getting my mojo back!

I'm still here Spangly lol. Like a bad penny :)

Having a bit of success with JUDDD, but I'm now on holiday, so no following any plan for me :eek: But I'll be back in the swing of things next week ;););)

I've done day one and now heading to bed. Hoping to be in ketosis soon! How are you doing, Debbi? Back in the swing of things?

Thanks, Safia, and good luck, Daisey!

Well, what a night. I'd forgotten that I get epic nightmares when sugar withdrawal kicks in. Ugh. Up at about 2am with one that made me too frightened to go back to sleep! Then got back to sleep only to wake up just now from a continuation of the same dream. Roll on, ketosis!

I'm sure they were also triggered by feelings of powerlessness brought on by being back to work. It would unprofessional of me to go into details but with the relocation coming up I will be asking to have some more discussions about the organisational structure and my role. I don't want to keep putting up with this!!

Still, one thing I can control is my weight, right? Day two 100% here we come!

Thanks, Safia, and good luck, Daisey!

Well, what a night. I'd forgotten that I get epic nightmares when sugar withdrawal kicks in. Ugh. Up at about 2am with one that made me too frightened to go back to sleep! Then got back to sleep only to wake up just now from a continuation of the same dream. Roll on, ketosis!

I'm sure they were also triggered by feelings of powerlessness brought on by being back to work. It would unprofessional of me to go into details but with the relocation coming up I will be asking to have some more discussions about the organisational structure and my role. I don't want to keep putting up with this!!

Still, one thing I can control is my weight, right? Day two 100% here we come!

Oh god I feel your pain! I'm on day one and was fine until about 6pm!!! I couldn't stop thinking of food but I refused to cave! Day one down!!! Only about another 50 to go! X

Well done on not caving, daisey. That takes some mind over matter!

Im pleased to say i got up this morning with only a tiny bit of headache (but still very loud tinnitus). So feeling a bit more positive today. Well, quite a lot more in fact, knowing that at some point over the weekend ketosis is likely to arrive :). Also realised how nice it is to stop feeling ashamed of myself and feel proud of myself again. Why do i feel such shame when i gain weight? I'm human, right? Carbs are addictive for me, I know that. I made the mistake (more than once) to choose carbs and alcohol when I know the consequences. That doesn't automatically make me a 'bad' person. It just makes me human. Dare I say it, 'normal'?!

Ok so a small minority of people learn early on exactly how to manage their weight. It might be metabolic, it might be mental, it might be copying helpful parental behaviour. But for lots of us, it's harder than that. And actually, even for some of those 'naturally slim' people, as they reach middle age it suddenly becomes surprisingly harder to stay slim. (Insulin resistance, anyone?!)

I'm not saying i shouldn't take responsibility for my choices. Of course I do. But feeling 'shameful' about it doesn't serve me and makes the vicious cycle worse. Ah... Starting to feel calmer about this whole thing and regaining some perspective.

Hi Spangly! Great post and I know exactly what you mean about feeling shameful about gaining etc. I git back from holiday and since Monday have been trying to get back on track but haven't done too well. Still feeling out of sorts and just want the school routine back to enabler to focus more.

I know I'm making excuses and just need to get on with it. Well done for getting through day 1!

Im pleased to say i got up this morning with only a tiny bit of headache (but still very loud tinnitus). So feeling a bit more positive today. Well, quite a lot more in fact, knowing that at some point over the weekend ketosis is likely to arrive :). Also realised how nice it is to stop feeling ashamed of myself and feel proud of myself again. Why do i feel such shame when i gain weight? I'm human, right? Carbs are addictive for me, I know that. I made the mistake (more than once) to choose carbs and alcohol when I know the consequences. That doesn't automatically make me a 'bad' person. It just makes me human. Dare I say it, 'normal'?!

Ok so a small minority of people learn early on exactly how to manage their weight. It might be metabolic, it might be mental, it might be copying helpful parental behaviour. But for lots of us, it's harder than that. And actually, even for some of those 'naturally slim' people, as they reach middle age it suddenly becomes surprisingly harder to stay slim. (Insulin resistance, anyone?!)

I'm not saying i shouldn't take responsibility for my choices. Of course I do. But feeling 'shameful' about it doesn't serve me and makes the vicious cycle worse. Ah... Starting to feel calmer about this whole thing and regaining some perspective.

Well done you are doing so well, wish i had read your post before i decided to cheat again today x

Hi, Safia. Tomorrow really is another day. Dust yourself down, don't be too hard on yourself, try to work out what triggered you to cheat and carry on with the plan! You can do this... It's just mind games so much of it.

Morning Spangly. Hope you have a good and relaxed weekend and stick to plan with ease. Once again I joining you having attempted this week to get back to a 100% SnS and veered off track. This time...... I'm going to give it my all!

Hi kira! Good to see you again! I'm finding today difficult but i am determinedly sticking to it. How's it going for you?

I am exactly the same as you!!! Major carb addiction and often I'm out clubbing most weekends!! Then hangover minchies the next day!
I totally get what you mean about feeling ashamed! I do too! Even when I get introduces to people I always think "there looking at my fat" I have massive insecurities! But I'm quite a confident person so people don't always see it! But I'm rediculsly insecure!! I don't know why but I feel like being skinny will solve all my problems! Xxx

I totally hear you. At the moment, my biggest source of shame is work, where I am so conscious that I can't dress as smartly or as stylishly when I first started (I refuse to buy clothes in a bigger size, apart from two pairs of trousers I've been living in, which I bought in desperation). I started the job at my slimmest, and actually got loads of compliments on my appearance, which I'm not used to, so being back to my frumpy old self feels really rubbish. I keep imagining that people are commenting about me. I did get asked at church one week if we were 'going to hear the patter of tiny feet'!! Mortifying!!! So what do I do with these thoughts and experiences? Get troughed into a bag of snacks or pour a drink. How does that help? Not. At. All!

So proud of myself for not caving last night, despite epic TOTM (TMI). Had a fab night's sleep too. I think partly because i have cotton wool in my ears (am treating them, pre-syringing, niiiice!!) so wasn't disturbed by traffic noise outside. Ear plugs may in fact be the way forward longer-term lol.

Having a nice quiet family day today. Hope I'm fully in ketosis so won't be troubled by cravings... Weigh in is on Wednesday. By rights, it should be a good one, given that I have been so regimented.

Well done.......it does take an act of will to shut off the wishes, wants and desires around food. I have never been aware more of the mixed and contradictory messages about eating and celebration and pleasure.
This is a mind game that you will win I'm sure.

Morning Spangly! You're doing great! So glad you slept well as I've found in the first few days of doing vlcd I don't sleep well and it adds to the hell of getting into ketosis in that first 2-3 days. Have a relaxing Sunday and here's to a good weigh in on Wedensday.

Sunday was difficult. I stuck to it regardless, but I had a lot of mental chatter going on. Found it best to keep busy so I did lots of odd jobs and tidying/sorting around the house. Hubby had better not sit still for long or I will tidy him up!

Feels good to have the ketosis energy starting again. Feeling it makes me wonder why I would ever choose to go back to the lethargy and misery and anxiety of refined carbs, alcohol and caffeine. Anyway... Mondayitis at the moment: trying to get myself out of bed for the drive to work. Ugh. This will totally be mind over matter as it's dark and cold out there just now!

Ooh, hubby has just suggested I get some breath freshener lol. Must be the real deal, diet wise!!! :-D

Back