Getting my mojo back!

Morning spangly - up early like me (5.45am today...) supposed to be working, but it isn't happening yet. Bit too distracted by celebrity gossip and LL forum. Pleased that you had a good weekend. I also manmaged to stick perfectly to the right foods, but didn't really drink enough water. I think I will get some water flavourings at my meeting tomorrow.

yep - the whole breath thing. not nice at this time of the morning. I just avoid people - easy for me though.

My daughter started secondary school last week. So I now have no reason to leave the house. So I have built a daily trip to tesco into my day. it is an hour round trip (walking) so a good way to get some exercise. but the temptations of the supermarket are a little distracting. I have also taken to baking my own bread which is now a daily routine and again incredibly hard to resist. But somehow I am...that makes me feel much better.

I hope you have a good day today at work. I understand it can be so hard to be yourself when you feel frumpy. but my advice is to fake it until you make it!!

Ahh my hubby said oh er ummm have you brushed your teeth? Ha ha!
Good luck today!! Keep going strong!! Xx

Well done Spangly! The pain of the first few days are so worth that ketosis feeling.... Once you get there!

Have a great day and roll on weigh day Wednesday!

It feels like we are officially in September and for me it's having that school routine back that will help me stick to plan. I'm using my S&S packs up but pondering whether to try Exante or and another online vlcd brand just for a change! Ah thoughts?

I tried Exante and quite liked the packs, but found having three packs felt weird after getting used to having four a day. Also there wasn't much variety when I tried it but that may have changed. Oh and the bars were a trigger for me as they're yummy and huge! People who stick with it do have good success. Which others are you looking at?

Last edited:
My youngest told me yesterday that my breath was 'stinky'. Niiiiiiice! The joys of vlcds, eh?!

Had an epic night's sleep last night - 8:30 til 6am. I could have slept longer in fact. I think many of my difficulties stem from simple tiredness. Quite severe tiredness, but quite ordinary tiredness. That's why I use caffeine (tea, mainly, but quite strong) and refined carbs to keep me going. Am prioritising sleep this week. It feels good to be putting me first!

Getting the train today. Otherwise I would have five days of my 55-mile-each-way drive and in the spirit of putting myself first, that isn't sensible for me. (The fact I actually slept through my daylight alarm clock possibly also has something to do with it!!!)

I want to be back on the creative side of publishing again. I'm proud that I got the job I have, but in lots of ways it's really quite dry and boring and unfulfilling. Am toying at the moment with going back to compositing and page make up and see that Adobe do a more affordable suite of tools than they used to... Pondering doing a bit of freelance work to see if I could find a way to support the family... (I'm a trained typesetter with a lot of experience and realised the other day when costing some jobs at work: I could do that!)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Just an observation on the way in to work, but I remember this feeling from last time once I got into ketosis: the feeling that somehow I'd discovered a magic key to weightloss, and the relief of knowing that if I follow the plan I will get to goal. It's quite amazing, after the months and weeks of beating myself up and going round and round in circles. I knew the answer all the time, had the key to the door in my hand all the time but for some reason wasn't ready to step through.

Got the date for our office Christmas party yesterday, which is another incentive. I remember going to the party just after I'd joined and feeling fab-u-lous. Last year I had started to gain and so felt a bit bloated and frumpy. I'm bigger now than I was then - but I'm taking action now, which I hope means a more positive experience this year. I think weasey mentioned loving being able to express her personality through clothes. That's me too. I have so many nice things to wear that don't fit right now - BUT THEY WILL!!! :-D

Hey... Sounds like you are really getting back into it!

you made me think about the work thing, sadly my contract ended last Tuesday... I loved my job :-( I had another interview last Wednesday and will find out tomorrow, and have applied for other stuff...

when I applied for my last job I had just lost 60lbs, by no means was I thin but I felt good and was o pleased with myself and I am wondering if that came across at my interview... Confidence maybe... The interview I just had I just felt awful and was so they were judging me on my weight/clothes :-(

ive got so many nice clothes that I would like to get back into... Yes there a size 18 but that's better than the 24 I was wearing 3 weeks ago... Thanks reading your diary has kept me motivated!!

Spangly you must be well and truly in ketosis now your youngest has commented! Kids can be so brutally honest bless them!

Your job sounds really interesting and the office Christmas party is a good incentive. Like I said this turning point of September is a good time of year and reaching ketosis is kind of magical as one starts feeling so much better and less c****! Glad you slept well as I've found Ive had disturbed sleep especially during first few days of doing vlcd.

I think I may just stick with s&s though I've looked at boossh and one called no frills vlcd which I'll keep away from! Sounds dodgy to me even if it's cheaper I'm not convinced of the quality of the product. There is also Howard's way but suspect ordering with slim & save will be quicker and easier. Like you the extra pack makes it so much more manageable.

First weigh in tomorrow... Have stinky breath and cold feet though so surely it will be good news?

Hope your are tucked into bed right now?! I am!

Weigh in will be fine. You will have a loss and whilst feeling cold is awful its a great sign you are in ketosis! As for stinky breath at least you can't smell your own breath! I know it's awful as one gets conscious about it but I do believe the bad breath subsides after a while unless the kids and DH just got used to dragon breath?!

i have to say I do like to have breath fresher to hand!

Hope you have a great night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and buzzing for your second week on plan. X

Yes I've got loads of breath spray!

Hubby woke me inadvertently at 2am - bathroom visit - and now I can't sleep. Sheesh! Whispers, 'put the iPod down... Put the iPod down...' Lol.

Just weighed self. Oh. My. God!!!!

15lb off!!!!!!!!! Is that even possible?! So so so happy. Blimey. That's a combination of PMT water retention and glycogen but whatever it is wow wow wow.

Wow! That is brilliant Spangly! Even with water loss etc it is a fab loss and you must keep,going because this works and you have been through those first few days of hell! Now you don't want tomgomthere again!

Do hope you get a decent night sleep tonight and undisturbed. Have a great day! I'm really pleased and excited for you!

That's amazing!! Well done you!! Am jumping up and down for you!! Xx :)

Well done! That's amazing :)

Thanks, everyone! Still cant quite believe it, especially as my waistband is still snug! But it's brilliant, nonetheless (see. I almost dismissed my achievement, but stopped myself just in time).

Weirdly, though. After the joy of weigh-in, I'm having a rather lacklustre day :(. I need to ramp up my oomph and get stuck into something today to make me feel more energised. Not being able to hear does have quite an effect on me. Makes me realise to a small degree how difficult it must be to cope with real deafness. Also the breath thing is getting silly. I'm mainlining retardex spray but have just realised it has citric acid in it!!! Aaaargh!! Feel I ought to be holding my hand over my mouth when I speak at the moment. Not a good look!!

Back