Getting my mojo back!

That's still really good hun. Your body probably went into shock but once it realises this is the way it's going to be then it will start losing again. Don't worry. You lost over a stone which is incredible! Look at it as the total weight lost over the whole period, not week by week because somewhere down the line the chances are you will have another weigh in that stays the same or is only half a pound. But if you look at the bigger picture of how far you've come physically and mentally that's gotta be better than a number on the scales each week, right?!
Good luck today hun, and don't let it get you down, you've done incredibly xx

Thanks, Kira and sammy. I know you're both right but it's amazing the noise in my head over it! Been sticking to plan religiously but part of me is convinced it's not working and it will be another STS this week. Plodding on regardless! We shall see!

Totally knackered at the moment. I keep getting tempted to have caffeine again but don't want to go through those withdrawal headaches again if I decide it really isn't for me. Slept ten hours last night and could have slept longer. At least I don't have any meetings today and am working from home, which means I don't have to do my 110-mile round trip commute.

Also I've started looking for another job. I really hate admitting defeat, but I'm exhausted with the journey and my boss's scattiness. He's a lovely person, which makes it even more difficult, but totally disorganised and constantly changing his mind, or being really stubborn about things that just aren't practical. He also micromanages my staff directly, bypassing me!. I've tried. Given it two years. But enough is enough. I've also asked for a meeting with him when he comes back from the US to talk about options within the business. I don't necessarily want to leave the company, just can't keep on like this.

Last edited:
Your boss sounds like mine Spangly! I ended up telling him that he was part of the problem (very nicely of course!) and he's been much better since. Still random in his decisions though... Good luck with the job change - could be the start of something wonderful!

Trust to the process. I've just had my weigh in this week and I've lost half a lb. That's fine - in fact a slight relief as a cheeky weigh in part way through the week had me at a lb up! I'm going to keep at it this week and have a strong emphasis on my water because I don't think I'm having enough.

Hi Spangly. You will lose if you stick to plan and deep down you know it but it is those noises/voices in the head trying to get you to cave in. You are doing great! Almost another week under your belt.

I think it's always worth looking to see what is out there especially if one is unhappy in a job that it begins to impact on well being. It is also good be completely honestly as he may be unaware of his own weaknesses as a manger.

Hi kira! Im actually not very well today. I've got a really upset tummy (tmi) so have taken the day off sick. Feeling a bit sorry for myself. How's it going with you?

Awh! No! Hope you are managing to rest and feel better as the day goes on.

Im doing ok I only lost half a pound this week but given I havent been on plan and I haven't binged and only had one PT session I'm happy with a small loss. I started off fine last week but petered out on SnS and that was I was willing you to keep going given you'd done so well. It's the hardest. It getting 10 days under the belt before feeling in the zone. I'll try again and see how I go.

Get well before you even start to think about weight loss!

2lb off for me this week. I'm really annoyed about that but at least it's not a STS.

2lb off for me this week. I'm really annoyed about that but at least it's not a STS.

Is that 17lbs in 3 weeks tho? My memory is bad :-( if it is that's great isn't it?!

Yeeeeessss. I guess so. But I'm all over the place, thoughts-wise about the STS and then 2lb. I seem to remember I lose weight in "chunks" though. Maybe I'll see a 4 or 5lb next week? (am greedy and impatient you see). Trousers are a little looser (although I think I was in denial before about quite how tight they had got!)

I will keep my fingers crossed for a good loss for you next week. If you lost say 3/4lbs next week that will be 1.5 stone in 4 weeks... You can't be disappointed with that... :)

I am anxious about getting weighed as it's 2 weeks nearly since I've been near my scales and I'm not sure I've lost much in that time... I don't feel very 'in control' of my veg and protein meal whilst I'm away from home and I think it's maybe been bigger than it should have been... I guess the scales will tell all on Friday!

Have you measured Spangly? That might help.

I find protein sizes difficult to estimate when I'm not at home too - I just assume it's less than I think it is!

Spangly a 2lb loss is still I good amount but I can understand you feel annoyed after the STS. If you stick with it you may find a bigger loss next week. I'm like you when I do a vlcd I get impatient and I want the time to fly and lose quickly!

hope you are feeling better today ?

Hi Kira! I'm doing ok but finding packs a bit of a slog at the moment and wishing I could switch to lchf without being worried I'd go off the rails. How are things with you?

Hi Spangly glad your ok and hanging in with packs. Have you tried adding chicken to the cheesy pasta or mushroom pasta? I find it helps. Or poached eggs and ham which is what I had today as I was out for late lunch with DH.

im doing well and safely tucked in bed with day 5 of SnS complete. I found I had to be committed to wanting to lose weight and preparing myself mentally that to lose weight fast I had to do vlcd and use the packs as a tool to help me introduce real food now and again. So far it is working.

Hang in there, keep using the SnS packs and have chicken, fish or the odd bit of Ham etc with veg if you want. You'll stay in ketosis and won't cave in if you're at that point you are feeling deprived. I'm determined I'm going to keep going through October but taking one day at a time. As for November and December if I need to keep using SnS products as. Tool to keep me going I will. I'm not planning on regain this time. Come on you are doing it! Keep going you can!

How's things Spangly? Today I'm kind of feeling like you about stopping SnS and it's only day 9 for me! I think my routine was interrupted and I find that it puts me off kilter. I shouldn't but does! No PT session as child off ill from school. He's ok but meant I had to cancel and stay home all day!

Hello! *waves*

Things haven't been good, foodwise, if I'm honest - but I just haven't been in the right place mentally. The school reunion was good: I felt "normal" ie not too big and not too small (as if!) but then the photos started to go up on Facebook and I realised I've really let myself go :cry:. Then spiralled into a bit of a downer about myself generally.

Work has been exhausting.

Just quite low really. Hubby asked me this morning if I would do say four weeks of packs before Christmas, as he hates seeing me so down on myself. Bless him he was brave to ask! He also suggested 5:2 might be an option, but the thing is I find it difficult to not go mad on the "2" days.

Been taking the train to work more often and driving less, which has helped a bit with the tiredness, but I just feel out of sorts. I think I need to get my SAD lamp out maybe?

Good to see you back. There is a good chance to make a dent before Christmas if you feel you can do it. But you know it's tough and it will take some determination. Whatever you decide probably better to make a long term plan that takes you into the New Year. As we all know it isn't the Christmas weeks that that often do the damage but the extension afterwards.

And yes to the SAD lamp. If you have really early starts and are working full on you probably don't get any daylight at all in the week. Also photographs are a nightmare these days - so hard to avoid. There was a time we could just rip up the ones we didn't like!!

Good luck with whatever you decide but there is a good group of people here, planning on the 100% right up to Christmas.

Hey! Spangly! (((hugs))) Sorry to hear you have been low. Yes the SAD lamp may be helpful, and perhaps vit D too?

I would say it is worth trying the next few weeks on vlcd if you want to and are mentally able to but don't be harsh on yourself by putting the Christmas deadline on it and as Clinquant suggest plan ahead to post Christmas and the new year? I'm stilli in a rut with this excess 7-10lbs! So will be back to vlcd tomorrow was supposed to be today but had to take naproxen for pain and I need to take it with food. Tried it with sns packs but I end up with stomach pains! So defeats object of taking it to relieve pain!

As ever, you are not alone. x

Back