Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Well done Emma!! Being a veggie, I suppose I am bias, but I think the Green plan is great. Love the extra Hexs that you get, no way I could manage without them! Good luck for the coming week x

Well done on your weight loss hun! Sounds like you've been doing alright food wise. I've had a couple of green days this week and enjoyed the additional hex's!

Good shout on the carbon monoxide moniter. Ours saved our life a year ago. Was woken up at 6am on a Monday by defeaning going off. Immeadiatly opened all the windows and doors. Got the gas man to come around an hour later. He said the reading was so high that he's surprised we were alive / the house hadn't blown up. Our boiler had been systematticaly leaking carbon monoxide for ages and suddenly burst a gasket or something. Reckons we were saved by having our bedrooms upstairs.

Scary times! So yeah, better safe than sorry I say.

Omg becca, I am so glad you had your monitor!! Will definitely be getting ours this weekend!
Thanks girlies about the loss, I've been trying super hard lately to stick to plan, I really really want to get to 12st 6lb by the time I go to Spain on 6th May, that's the weight my BMi changes from obese to overweight, and Chris' dad owns a clothes shop out there so ill be able to treat myself to some new clothes :) will be nice to feel more confident in a bikini.

Ive got work this weekend, but it's not too bad, 7.30-1.30, sat and Sunday morning. Work was a nightmare this morning, so glad it's over. Need to take my dog for a long walk this afternoon and then I'm out tonight with the girls, were going to frankie and bennys and then to the cinema to watch mama. I'm really looking forward to it.

Not really got plans for tomorrow after work, but will go see my mum when she gets back ( mum and dad are away this weekend).
How about all you ladies? Anything fun planned?

Food diary:
B- banana in yoghurt
S- alpen light and 2 tangerines
L- about to make some pasta, think I will have it with vege's and some cheese
D- I've decided I'm going to have a gammon grill thing and swap my fries for a jacket, hope I can stick to that.
S- going to take myself something to eat in the cinema, not entirely sure what tho, and ill get a big diet coke.

Xx

Let me know what you think of Mama. I saw it last week and it's not the sort of film I usually like but it wasn't too bad.

I spent all day searching for a Mother's Day pressie and when I got home with it and wrapped it up, I remembered that she went on holiday this morning for a week - oops!! Oh well, a text message in the morning will have to do until she gets back. I'm a terrible daughter!

Hi all, I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon. I've done work for the day, got quite a lot done so that's good and came home with a few free beers for Chris :)

last night was brill :) we had a great meal at frankie and bennys, and I stuck to the gammon grills I said I would have. But did have a treat of this light options desert, it was a tiny pancake with a tiny ball of icecream and choc sauce. The menu said 200 cals so I thought 10 syns wasn't too bad. But when I got it I didn't like the pancake do only had the icecream. So somewhere between 5 and 10 syns for that, and maybe 2 for oil from dinner.

We popped into tescos before the cinema and I picked up some grapes and a packet of kinder minis. There's tons of them in a bag for about £2. They're only 34 calories each, so only 2 syns each :) yum! They'll be great for when I just need a bite of chocolate but don't have the syns for a freddo. In the cinema I munched in some grapes and then ate one kinder mini.

I thought mama was generally very good, for parts of it I sat with my hands over my face but me looking through my fingers! And I let out a little scream at one point. Lol. For those of you who didn't find it scary, I could jump at my shadow! Lol. Was a bit disappointed with the end, but I find I generally am with horror films, not many I've seen with a good ending.

Got some vege's to use up so think I'm going to whip up a parsnip and butternut squash soup. Seen a recipe that looks yummy. I'm off work tomorrow so I think a trip to aldi is in order, looks like there's loads of bargains to be had. I'm going to try to plan some meals for the week too, so I can make sure we've got the right things in for it.

Food diary:
B- banana in yoghurt, slice of melon
S- alpen light bar
S- 2 clementines
L- SW chips with spaghetti hoops and a brown roll
D- hopefully something vege so I can have my alpen light as a hex b.

oh I also had a celebration earlier, best write that down before I forget, 2 syns probably but ill check x

Sunday night choc :)

My amazing mum brought me a present on Mother's Day! She brought me some mini reeses peanut butter cups, the best chocolate known to man!! I love them from when we used to live in America, and I don't even have to share! Chris doesn't like peanut butter!
Just worked out the calories of them, they're 48 cals each so only 2.5 syns each! Yay! So going to eat 2 tonight! :) yum yum! Between them and my mini kinders which Chris also doesn't like, I've got lots of low syn chocs to keep me going for a while.
Xx

Awwww that's so nice of her! :)

Sounds like you're well and truly stocked up on some low syn goodies which is always good for an emergency choc craving!!

Seems you were super busy this weekend but were on plan throughout! Go you! Hope you managed to catchup on some rest after your early mornings! What is it you do Emma?!
Xxx

At the minute I'm a supervisor in our Spar shop, I was a dental nurse after uni, but I hated the dentist I worked with, he literally didn't speak all day, I didn't know what he wanted, or what treatment we were doing, and neither did the patients. Was awful! Planning to do my PGCE to be a primary schoolteacher but with moving, trying to apply to a new course.
Cant wait!

Food for today:
Late morning: leftover pasta with cheese
D: parsnip and bns soup, with cheese and tomato on toast
fruit salad

i need to go to aldi at some point for a bit of a stock up, so will try to do some cooking later.
Done some cleaning this morning, and will have to take the dog out later but not sure when and where as its very snowy! Probably local as the roads to the woods are very narrow with ditches either side, and might be a bit slippery.
X

Ooo I used to love the lady who was our dental nurse when I was little! Probably cos she always gave me a sticker! Haha! The pgce sounds good...my mum is a head at a primary school and I can honestly say I've never known anyone who loves their job as much as her!
Did you get a place secured where you are at the moment? If so, do you think you can just transfer over to a new one at the new place? That would be ideal!
Brrr hope you wrapped up warm if you took mylo out....I can't wait to get home from work and warm up!! Xx

Ooo I used to love the lady who was our dental nurse when I was little! Probably cos she always gave me a sticker! Haha! The pgce sounds good...my mum is a head at a primary school and I can honestly say I've never known anyone who loves their job as much as her!
Did you get a place secured where you are at the moment? If so, do you think you can just transfer over to a new one at the new place? That would be ideal!
Brrr hope you wrapped up warm if you took mylo out....I can't wait to get home from work and warm up!! Xx
I can't wait to do my PGCE, everytime I volunteer, time just flies, it's fab, no staring at the click waiting for home time. Unfortunately, I was only at the interview stage, so will have to reapply at Lincoln, just hope they have spaces and its not too late. If not ill just wait a year. It was bloody freezing walking Mylo, I wrapped up and was still an ice block by the time we got home, glad it's warmed up a bit today! X

Trying to get back on track

My green day plan for yesterday went a bit out of the window at dinner time when I realised I had some lamb mince that needed using up. Not only that but I'd bought the wrong, fattier mince :-(

i followed I recipe I'd been given for homemade donner kebab, and it was gorgeous, Chris even said he preferred it to a kebab!! So did I! So did it with SW chips, a lovely big salad and homemade free salsa. Was gorgeous, but the dinner meat was 14 syns! There wasn't even that much! But I was already over my daily syns as I'd had an alpen bar as my extra hex b for a green day, then it was an extra easy, and I had a mini milk. So 18.5 syns.

Then I said I fancied chocolate and hubby brought me 2 kinder minis and 2 reeses mini cups, so I ate them, all 9 syns worth! So I had a whopping 27.5 syns after being so good all week :-S stupid me!

today has been much better tho!
Food plan:
B- fruit salad of kiwi, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries and a yoghurt
S- yoghurt and a pear
L- left over butternut squash and parsnip soup, with a roll toasted with cheese and tomato on.
S- apple
D- chicken fajitas with leftover salsa. I think I'm going to have this without any carbs, so it's a red day, I can have a bit more cheese on my fajitas, and ill have a hi fi bar as a snack later so no need to have syns.

Trying to minimise syns to try and get 1.5 lbs off this week, after last nights disaster. Xx

Aw Emma, try not to worry too much. I think we need these 'off' days once in a while to get it out of our systems. So long as you're back on track today, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Well...you didn't fall majorly off the wagon in your head and sounds like you're more determined than ever to be good this week and get that 1.5lbs off! Scary sometimes how easily the naughty foods can sneak in without realising isn't it?! I guess in some ways it's good have the occasional slip up like with your mince Emma to remind you that on the whole it really is only small changes you're making to slim...and just to remind you not to get complacent once you hit target or it could all go on again so easily!
Sounds like you've had a fab day planned...yum really must try the lettuce fajitas! Xxx

Don't worry about the off night, it happens! A lot of people seem to stick to plan all week and then get cheeky over the weekend but still have decent losses :)
Good luck though, hope you get the 1.5 off that you want! x

Back