Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Sounds v painful :( Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks bev, hope it disappears soon too.
Managed to take a quick trip to aldi with hubby to get some food :)
dinner didn't go to plan, I didn't really fancy pork. I had some quorn steak strips in the freezer, so I made fajitas, had it with lettuce wraps, salad, cheese and a brown roll.
was pretty yummy! Bev I'd recommend you try them! :)
just had a mint hifi bar as my second hex b.

im curled up in the sofa with a duvet, but my plan is shower and bed. Might take a sleeping tablet just to try get a good nights sleep with the pain.
X

Yeah I might give them a go - used to love fajitas so that's one of the few foods I quite miss. Hope you get a decent nights sleep x

Thanks girls, slept alright, but still in pain this morning. Day in for me again, hoping to be a bit more productive today tho. Think I'm going to make a curried parsnip soup, and a risotto for dinner. Fridge is all stocked up so hopefully going to make the most of it :)

food plan for today:
B- fruit
L- curried parsnip soup
D- bacon, leek and bns risotto

hopefully belly pains will die down and I might be able to start my packing too, anyone any ideas of where I can get hold of a huge amount of bubble wrap?
X

anyone any ideas of where I can get hold of a huge amount of bubble wrap?
X

I've heard that sometimes people put it on Freecycle if they've had lots leftover after moving house. Haven't used the site myself so not sure. Also, I know someone that got some from our local furniture store. Might be worth a try?

Thanks girls, slept alright, but still in pain this morning. Day in for me again, hoping to be a bit more productive today tho. Think I'm going to make a curried parsnip soup, and a risotto for dinner. Fridge is all stocked up so hopefully going to make the most of it :)

food plan for today:
B- fruit
L- curried parsnip soup
D- bacon, leek and bns risotto

hopefully belly pains will die down and I might be able to start my packing too, anyone any ideas of where I can get hold of a huge amount of bubble wrap?
X

I get bubblewrap from the garden centre...

Hey lovely, hope you're feeling better! We're moving this weekend and we got a moving kit from Argos which came with quite a bit of bubblewrap and loads of cardboard boxes, a permenant marker and some brown tape. The boxes aren't huge though! Gumtree is another good place for getting rid of anything you don't want and finding things you do want. xxx

Pep talk to self

Thanks ladies,
fed up tonight, in lots of pain again. I know it's probably my own fault, but fed up. Docs don't seem to think its a problem with food but fatty foods seem to set it off :-(

made my soup earlier and was lovely til I added too much salt, then it was like salt soup. :-(
feel too exhausted by dinner time to cook so we ordered a Chinese, shared chow Mein and beef curry with boiled rice so not awful but by god I'm paying for it now.

Not really looking forward to weigh in at all this week, sneak on my scales shows I've put on weight, so not impressed as haven't been to awful, but maybe it's my body telling me to cut out fat again. Back to basics for me from tomorrow, think ill make it a success express so can't upset my belly too much, and cut out cheese for few days.
Will also make dinner earlier in the day and just heat up again, as I'm struggling later in the day. Need to get into the 12's!! Come on Emma, you can do it!
X

Yes come on Em you CAN do it!

Ah I wish there was something to say to make things less painful for you....is there nothing you can do about the muscle thing? Sounds like you're planning on doing what you can diet wise to try to alleviate things.
It must be hard but try to stay positive! You have done amazingly well so far, blooming awesome in fact! Don't be hard on yourself if you're showing a little gain...it happens to the best of us occasionally! ;-) xx

Aw Emma, you're doing so well despite everything that's going on at the moment. Try not to let things get you down, it sounds like you're thinking along the right lines, making dinner earlier etc. I'm sure if you stay determined things will work out for you.

Hope you get another decent nights sleep x

Thanks girls, I did manage to get a fairly good nights sleep, was awake for about an hour about half 4 but persisted and back to the land of nod I went! :)
I know I'm being a bit hard on myself a d your right, I've been doing this since start of January, and have lost every week, 1 week of a gain really isn't the end of the world, and hopefully it would be the kick up the bum that I need.

Food plan for today:
B: fruit salad of pineapple, mango, strawberries, raspberries and melon
L: not sure, :-S got left over humous so maybe carrot and cucumber sticks with humous
D: turkey burger with roll (hex b) and cheese ( hex a), maybe with some butternut squash and salad

grandma has just text me, she's popped the lens out of her reading glasses, so I'm off to the opticians this morning. Lol catch up with gals later x

You can do it! You've done fabulously so far despite being poorly and having lots going on and a gain this week won't touch how far you have come.

Have you tried cutting out dairy rather than fat? Might be worth a try. My sister has IBS and dairy really sets her off but since she's limited it she has been feeling a lot better. She got me started on almond milk and it's scrummy but avoid the soya yoghurts if you give it a try (Ewwww!)
xx

I am super satisfied after my yummy dinner. I was hungry for it. For lunch tried a high veg pasta n sauce again but it was country vegetable and it was foul!!! Never try it people!!
so didn't eat that, just ate a plate of carrot sticks and cucumber. Should have had dinner early but didn't start it until 6pm.

So for dinner I made turkey burgers, we had 2 burgers each, and I put one in a bun with a cheese slice. I cooked lots of veg up to make it a success express meal. I made a big salad, white cabbage, lettuce, cucumber and tomato, I cooked up some garlic mushrooms for my burger, and then had it with asparagus and bns chunks.

Lots of bns chunks left for snacks tomorrow :)
so the only syns I've had today are 2 syns for a blob of BBQ sauce on my burger.

Think ill treat myself to a little chocolate later, but I'm going to keep my syns low, and hope I have a Sts tomorrow.
Managed to be good at costa this morning, resisted a cake and hot choc, and went for the SW friendly pot of green tea :)

x

Well done for resisting temptation at Costa, I don't think I could have, I absolutely LOVE a hot chocolate from there.

I know what you mean about the high veg pasta 'n' sauce - I don't like the mushroom one either, it's revolting!! Maybe somethings telling us we should be cooking from scratch....!! Glad you had a yummy dinner to make up for it x

WI day miracle, fingers crossed!

Yay! Just the boost I needed for WI day :) popped myself on the scales and it appears the magic of the success express has helped me in the scales. I've been weighing 13st 13 lb something pretty much all week, but today my lovely scales surprised me and I was 13st 11.4 lb. woohoo! I know that's not a result at WI yet but it's a start :)

I think to really cement in that weight I'm going to have a success express for breakfast and lunch and hope that's enough to save my week, I'd ideally love 1/2lb off to get into the 12's but I think that might be next week.

I think I'm probably still be on target for my 12.6 by may 2nd, the WI before we go away, but think ill have to work for it. I've not even attempted trying on bikinis yet or my summer clothes, but that might be a job for today when I start packing :-S not sure if I'm ready for that horror yet. Ha ha

so plan for today:
1) eat breakfast
2) walk mylo
3) start packing
4) have lunch
5) friend round for coffee
6) a bit of cleaning/packing before I go to wi later.

I fancy spag Bol, for dinner but haven't got any mince, so ill have a think

food plan:
B- pineapple, mango, strawberries, grapes, raspberries and banana with yoghurt
L- supernoodles with mushroom, asparagus, and bns, maybe a bit of broccoli
D- to be decided

hope everybody has a lovely day :) x

Back