Getting to know you thread

Excuse the ignorance what's boden lol

Boden is a clothing company for skinny ladies who wear pearls :) i'd like to wear Boden as well but I'd also need a small lottery win.

I love river island have nice stuff & newlook sometimes primart lol

Hi, I'm 24 with 2 kids -daughter 2yrs & son 8mths. I've always been 'the fat kid' & am fed up with shopping in different shops to my friends. I did weight watchers on & off from I was 16 but never stayed long. I don't know my heaviest weight but I was a size 20. Although I'm not at my biggest now I feel crap so after researching surgery & diets I found minimins. I did 2wks of Tesco ultra slim then discovered exante. I haven't been 100% but I've stuck to suggested foods. I was diagnosed with a wheat intolerance over a year ago so I've missed nice foods for a while now. I blame my food abuse for this sudden intolerance.
Anyways, this is my last diet. I'm aiming for a healthy bmi which is 141lbs for me. This will be the lightest I have been in adult life.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I'm Emma I'm nearly 35 married for 4 years but we have been together for 15!
I was a chubby child but lost " puppy fat" when 16-17 and stayed relatively slim till I met DH then we partied a bit of weight on together!
Have 8 year old twins B+G - had IVF help to have them so when 4 year old girl came along we were a little surprised ! I ate for the 5000 when carrying the twins and put three stone on- was more sensible with second pregnancy and didn't actually put any weight on - but have slowly put another few stone on over the years.
I have never actually started a diet before I have just tried to be more healthy which maintained but never really lost! My head was never really in the right place before but am on exante ts and day 4 I'm doing really well - have resisted lots on temptations and stayed 100% (had a cheeky WI this morn and -5lbs!!!) now I know that I'm on the right track I will weekly weigh! Promise!
DH is going to join me next month as it was too much of a risk to pay for 2 monthly packs and then waste them but I now he has seen how well I have done he will follow!
Oh yes - live near Cambridge and work in a home for children with severe disabilities and life limiting conditions it's hard and sometimes heartbreaking but I love it - been there 15 years.
Good luck to you all on your journeys
Emms x

Hi my name is Linda age 53/54 in april and living in Warrington Cheshire, I come from Scotland a tiny village called Inverkip on the West coast I moved to warrington 34 years ago, I was married at 17 and had twin boys when I was 18 and then a little girl when I was 22, all grown up now but very close to my husband and me we have been married 36yrs this month and are still very much in love and spend all out time together as I am disabled and hubby is now retired to look after me, we breed Bichon Frise dogs and have just sold our last litter, so time is weighing pretty heavy at the moment bored bored bored lol anyways I lost 30lbs on Lipotrim and found it very easy but gave it up over xmas and never started again I have just started on exante and do love the shakes etc just dont like the tomato soup or the orange choc bars I have been on the diet for 4 days now but had a blip last night but back on it today with renewed energy. I am always on the laptop and love all the lovely support that is on here,but really need a diet buddy I think, so if interested get in touch..I seem to be quite old compared with some on here but I am very young at heart and having lots of grandkids around me helps we have 10 including step grandkids and love them all the same,the youngest two are now 18mnth old twins,very lively, so hope to lose the last of my weight to keep up with them all over the summer holidays when we go away to Wales for the 6 weeks of the school holidays.

Hi I'm Julie, 43 from South London. I work as a Medical Secretary -quite a sedentary job - though my fingers get all the exercise!! I'm not married, seem to be just a mate and nothing more, no children but have a niece and nephews. I managed to lose 5st on Lipotrim in 2009 but due to serious work stresses (had to reapply for my own job) and the illness of my dad (who passed away on 3/1/11) I managed to put nearly all of it back on. I am trying Exante but so far have had trouble getting back into the swing of things but now I have decided that I really have to do something about this weight and really cannot leave it much longer - specially if I want to get on a plane for a small holiday later this year. Not much else to say really but wish everyone lots of luck and I know that we can all do this and become more beautiful than we already are. xxx

Hey I am Claire, 27 from South Cambridgeshire, I live in a teeny tiny little village and I love it here.
I am kind of seeing someone but it is very complicated right now so he never gets mentioned!

I live with my 2 brothers but I will be moving out into my own 2 bed house next year.

I loooooove animals and currently have 3 house bunnies, 3 gerbils, 7 hamsters, 7 mice and an abandoned wild baby bunny atm.

I have started and restarted exante lots of times and I'm hoping one day I will actually stick to it!

Doing random things and crossing stuff off 'My List' is what I do in my spare time. My list is a bucket list and I have a ton of things on there, I love adding new things to it and crossing them off when I've completed them.

So that's a little about me :D

Sorry pressed wrong button! Fat fingers on an iPhone!
Hey Claire you sound like u live nearby! I'm near Royston
Emma

Hi everyone
Im George I'm 30 this sept and im from south London but living in northampton. Married 6 month been together 16 years and have 4 boys (1,4,7,10)
Iv always been obese got teased at school from age 9 when I got my 1st bra (30 aa) and my period! Every year my boobs grew and by 12 I was a 32 DD.
I thought that if I was fatter my boobs would be less prominent and the boys would stop taunting me so u stuffed my face fatter in secret. I met james at 13 and then stopped but found out i was epileptic and they put me on epilim chrono which whacked a stone on every few months so by 18 I was a size 20 and a bra size 38 K!! I ate for self harm but once i was happy i started to eat out of contentment then had kids got depression ate for comfort and then food just become a part of everything happy sad stress celebration etc. now I'm ready to change my life! 51lb gone so far in 10 weeks so in hopefully not going to be fat at 30 xxx
So that was my self destruction story xxx nice to meat you all :)

Last edited:
a self destruction story indeed but u have done so well so far and sound determined that you are going to lose the excess, well done, and good to meet u :)

Hi I'm Charlotte I live on the border of south west London and Surrey. Been with hubby nearly 5 years and we have two little boys - a toddler and a baby.

When I was in primary school I got laughed at for being fat, but they weren't doing it in a nasty way... When I got to high school it became nasty and I got badly bullied - at school I had my head slammed in lockers etc and after school they followed me home calling me a fat c**t and throwing stones.

I became quite I'll, going through cycles of not eating or eating but then making myself sick. Every few months I'd OD on random pills to 'boost' the weightless and would spend the next few days ill throwing up etc.

Anyway I'm rambling now but this lasted quite a few years until realised I had lost too much weight and sorted myself out, got to a healthy weight and stayed there until I met hubby

When I became pregnant I was still not eating much at all to stick at that weight but I was told to eat more or else I would be admitted to hospital for the babies sake. I ate more and the more I ate the hungrier I became. I ended up putting on about 4 stone :(

After I had my son I tried CD but it didn't last long, I really wasn't in the right frame of mind. After a while I tried weight watchers but after a week I found out I was pregnant again. Through that pregnancy i put on about 3 stone :(

I'm now about 7 stone healthier than my ideal weight but I'm determined to lose it properly. I'm 100% in the right frame of mind this time and I know you shouldn't do vlcd if you've had eating problems but I've put all that behind me now along with a lot of other ridiculous things ive done in the past.

Oh and 1 more thing before I finish this essay lol - I'm starting university in September! I'm going to be a student midwife and I can't wait :D

Xxx

Hi, I'm Sam and I am 37, very happily married to a wonderful supportive husband and with a beautiful baby daughter who will be 1 in May! :D I am a solicitor, work in London but live in Peterborough with the rest of my family.

I was always the skinny mini of the family until I was around 30, when I met my husband and we discovered the joys of doughnut eating competitions (and I am very serious about that - we were very competitive!!LOL) and our shared love for cooking and then eating ridiculously huge meals each weekend! He is 1 foot taller than me but soon I was able to keep up with him on the portion size!

Over the years (and without actually realising it until recently) we seemed to have got rid of every mirror in our house so whilst we happily plod on thinking we were still relatively only slightly overweight, we did in fact blossom into the obese couple - how did I get from a size 8 to here!!!

Anyways, following our first Christmas with Georgie, I decided that I didn't want her to grow up with food issues and I was horrified when I actually looked at some pictures of us since she was born.
So, one month into Exante, I am 15lbs lighter (weigh in day tomorrow so hopefully a few pounds more!) and a lot more happy and energetic!

My first big goal is to have lost 40lb by her first birthday (I had already lost 7lb on CC Jan/Feb so am 22lbs down already - but going just on Exante, that is a 33lb goal and only 15 down so far!). Stopped the CC as I found that after the first month when I had lost a respectable 10lbs, I was starving myself mid week and then binging as a reward each weekend and the 10 lb loss decreased to only a 7lb loss. Time now to relearn correct eating habits and become healthy for our adorable girl.

Good luck to everyone on your journey and just remember in those hard times to focus on why you started the journey in the first place! We can do this!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm Chelle & i'm 35 (my user name comes from when I did Lipotrim a few years ago) I live in Essex with my fabulous OH who is also starting Exante with me. After reading your posts for weeks and deciding that this was the TFR for us I placed our order for a bumper pack of shakes this evening. We are going to Start on Friday the 1st (it being April fools day will no doubt add to the madness) so we will be jumping on the scales Thursday to get our starting weights...

Our main reason for doing this is just to loose weight... but we have the added incentive of getting married in September, & i would really like to fit into a "normal" size dress for that!

So I thank you in advance for all your success stories and I look forward to (hopefully) sharing mine with you.

Now I need to go & get my head arounf what we can and can't drink etc & how you all make the most out of your shakes.

Good luck everyone, & i'll be seeing more (or less depending on how you look at it) of you all in the coming months.

Chelle.

Back