Getting to know you thread

QUOTE I'm now about 7 stone healthier than my ideal weight but I'm determined to lose it properly. I'm 100% in the right frame of mind this time and I know you shouldn't do vlcd if you've had eating problems but I've put all that behind me now along with a lot of other ridiculous things ive done in the past.

Oh and 1 more thing before I finish this essay lol - I'm starting university in September! I'm going to be a student midwife and I can't wait

this was a quote from Charlotte - sorry pressed the wrong button again.

HI Charlotte
Congratulations on getting a place to study midwifery, its very competitive. Best job in the world. Which University? You will cope with course and practice far better if you lost weight. Thanks for the post, congratulations and good luck.

Last edited:
QUOTE I'm now about 7 stone healthier than my ideal weight but I'm determined to lose it properly. I'm 100% in the right frame of mind this time and I know you shouldn't do vlcd if you've had eating problems but I've put all that behind me now along with a lot of other ridiculous things ive done in the past.

Oh and 1 more thing before I finish this essay lol - I'm starting university in September! I'm going to be a student midwife and I can't wait

this was a quote from Charlotte - sorry pressed the wrong button again.

HI Charlotte
Congratulations on getting a place to study midwifery, its very competitive. Best job in the world. Which University? You will cope with course and practice far better if you lost weight. Thanks for the post, congratulations and good luck.

I will second this, it truly is a fab job. Congratulations to you and good luck with both the course and the weight loss journey. Word of warning though....the NHS midwives exist on buttery toast and chocolates, it's a tough battle.....:D

Thank you both :D starting a kings college in September I cannot wait :D I've just finished my access course which has taken 18months so have a break until september to lose some of this weight! And I've heard lots of students put ON weight so yep it will probably be pretty tough lol! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chazsucks said:
Thank you both :D starting a kings college in September I cannot wait :D I've just finished my access course which has taken 18months so have a break until september to lose some of this weight! And I've heard lots of students put ON weight so yep it will probably be pretty tough lol! Xx

Well done x i was born in kings colledge! My sister in law is doing the same as you here in northampton hospital and she's lost a stone since Xmas she isnt on a diet. But she is normally quite sedentary during the day and now she's at uni some days and the rest of the time she's working at placements and sleeping and working and sleeping lol she takes meals with her so that she doesn't have to use the canteen or buy take away's that seems to gave helped her x

Yep I yoyo-ed throughout the course. Put on about a stone the first year (all though nice lattes and bagels from the Uni coffeeshop) and then lost a bit the second year (buckled down to it). Then 3rd year was hard work academically and I just gave up again as was focusing on too many things.

I know quite a few midwives who work in Kings, and they all say great things about the place. You will love it, I'm sure x

I'm Chelle & i'm 35 I live in Essex with my fabulous OH who is also starting Exante with me. Our main reason for doing this is just to loose weight... but we have the added incentive of getting married in September, & i would really like to fit into a "normal" size dress for that! Good luck everyone, & i'll be seeing more (or less depending on how you look at it) of you all in the coming months.

Chelle.

Hi Chelle
Wierdly there seems to be a lot of Essex people around. you'd think all that dancing around our handbags in white stilettos would keep us all lovely and slim! Best of luck to the two of you - looking forward to following you on your journey :)

Hey MGNM,

Lol... Sadly I more wobble around my handbag at the moment...

I've had the email & our packs are arriving today... We aim to start Friday as I know from doing LT before that my head will be thumping so thought giving myself the weekend to do not a lot would be a good idea...
Am beginning to feel a little nervous TBH but feel better when I think about the support in here...

Hope you have a good day...

Hi I'm Angie, always been chubby, Mum thought only fat babies wee healthy babies....whole of my family were overweight. Have been thin through hard work several times and a long time during my 20's met my OH and put on 5 stone in a year. Lost a couple of stone then put them and more on when my parents died several weeks apart. Managed to lose 4 stone and get down to size 14, 3 years ago, because we wanted to start a family. I became pregnant and managed to control my weight until last trimester when it went freakily skyward. I was 19 stone the morning I gave birth to my daughter and 18.4 a couple of months later. I have lost 3 stone in last 12 months but keep losing and putting back on the last stone. Finally feel determined to break through the 15 stone Mark and head on down to pre-pregnancy weight. Ultimate goal is to get down to 11.12 just to say I have been 11 something in my 30's. I am 40 in november and want to be able to recognise myself again, thatand if weare ever going to try for a child again, we need to do it this year and I have to havea lower start weight.

Hi!

I'm Amy, called Ames for short (go figure with it being longer lol) I'm almost 28 and have an almost 6 year old son.
I suffer from PCOS so have always struggled with my weight from being around 14. I have definitely been a serial dieter and my weight has gone up and down like a rollercoaster.

I over eat. I eat through boredom and it wasn't until recently that i was brave enough to admit it to myself. Yes i have issues with food. Yes i can tackle them. I have always seen food as a comfort when in reality, food is what has caused my problems. The more i eat the unhappier i become and the more i eat to make me feel better. What a vicious ironic cycle!

I'm a fairly loud and bubbly person as you've probably already noticed. I hide behind this persona. Having been bullied at school for being fat, i always laughed it off and played the joker to make people think i wasn't bothered... it's just sort of stuck so i apologise in advance if i get a bit too much for people.

I enjoy reading and blogging... Blogging i find very refreshing on the soul and enables me to get things out of my mind that would otherwise trouble me.

So here i find myself at 27 7/8 wanting to make a life change. I don't want to be fat me any more. I want to develop a healthy relationship with food. I will definitely be adopting my mantra as "Food is Fuel not a Friend"

Hi I'm Wayne. I'm 40 now and have been married for 12 years, no kids but three very lively dogs! I've suffered with weight problems since I was a kid. I don't remember eating more than anyway else, I just always seemed to be the chubby one. No bullying as such but I had a series of nicknames which referred to my size, I just got used to it after a while.

I made the effort in my 20's to get down to a healthy weight through WW and was doing OK until I became an IT contractor. My first job was away from home in a B&B opposite a chinese takeaway. I gained 4 stone over the next 2 years and as time went by it kept creeping up. My job meant I was often working away and so with nothing to do in the evenings, I'd find myself in a takeaway or down the pub with the other contractors.

Two years ago I started getting skipped heartbeats and short of breath. This scared me and after taking a long, hard look at myself in the mirror I decided I had to start losing the weight. With some trepidation, I went back to WW and found I was over 20st.

That was August 2009 and I stuck religiously to the plan and up until last Xmas I had lost 4 1/2st. But I didn't get on with their new Propoints system and started to lose heart with it.

Then, after being persuaded to 'enjoy myself' over the festive period, I started gaining again and as of last Saturday, I had put a stone back on again. But I didn't want to go back to WW as I know it's not for me any more. So I started Exante and am looking forward to my first proper weigh-in tomorrow. It's all downhill from here! (in a good way)

Wow, so many wonderful people and stories here, and reasons for wanting to lose weight!

I live in Surrey but work in London in the legal field, so lots of time spent sitting down (uncomfortably) on trains, hanging around at stations near fastfood/sandwich places, not having not much time and not much choice for lunch (pret, eat, pret, M&S, pret etc...) and having too much work to carry to be able to fit in a packed lunch has really taken its toll, and the clothes sizes have been gradually creeping up and up.

I've actually always been a healthy weight until about 2 years ago, mostly through exercise, even through childhood and teens, but having quite a round face I always felt fat and was unhappy and admittedly jealous of everyone who was noticeably slimmer, or even friends who were larger but for some reason could carry it off better (not sure if it's genetics or confidence!).

Of course, now I look back at photos and wonder what I was so upset about, because I look fine, but stupidly a couple of years ago I basically thought "I don't care any more, I'll always be fat" and stopped exercising. I've now got a bad back and crap fitness to add to the extra weight problems!

Really enjoying (is that the right word?) Exante, mainly because I don't have to make a difficult choice about what to eat, and also because of the speed the weight comes off, though I'm not going to take that for granted, because it won't always be that easy and I'm prepared for the weeks when there is no change, as it's a long journey to being happy in myself and losing the weight is only part of it.

No kids yet.

xx

Back