Getting to know you.....

RuthG

Gold Member
Well this is my GOKs what number re-start on the diet, been more or less absent from here since Septmeber, I've come back today and there are so many new faces!

i thought I'd start a thread so we could all get to know each other a bit better.......

I'm Ruth, I'm 29, and married to Paul. I live in Coventry. I'm an A&E nurse, but I'm in the middle of setting up my own wedding and portrait photography business. I have no children, we need fertility treatment, hence doing cambridge. I have 2 cats who are my babies.Im 30 in April and I will NOT be fat and 30 (unless, of course, I'm pregnant and have a baby bump!)

Tell me about you!

Oh ruth hows ya business name coming on?? what did you decide on in the end ?

you know me already so wont bore ya :D

Hi Ruth, Im Julie, 34 yrs old with 2 girls. I live with my partner Paul ( who is my gorgeous toy boy ) Im a support/project worker and this is my 4th day of re-start. How are things going? This your first day?

xx

Hello,

I'm Hayley, i'm 22. Currently trainin to be a transport manager *eek*.

I started CD when i realised my 16's were getting a lil too tight for my liking and i refused to buy an 18. Ive always been a 14 until i fell in love with my OH :)
I completely blame him.... of course.

I plan to get down to 9st 7lb's and im currently 12st exactly, a 12lb loss in 13days :)

Good luck and welcome back :D

Hello, I am Megan. I do remember you from before :) I am....24 yes I did have to think about that, Oh dear. I work for a company that is based in Belgium so get to work from home, hence I am always on here bugging people :D I have a little jack russ called Olive who is my baby. I am planning on going around the world - for 18 months - in May next year so need to shift the weight!

Hi Ruth Im Charlene, 29, part time nursery and nurse part time student. My goal is to slim by my 30th birthday next October, for me and new tork shoping trip and for when i start my teacher's training.

Hi Ruth, I'm Jools, I'm 32 and married with 2 daughters. I started CD over a year ago but fell pregnant so am back now to lose all the baby weight. I'm on day 3 and finding it quite hard today :cry: Got 5 stone to lose though so cant give up x

Hi Ruth, Im Correll 29 and live with my partner and little boy who is 8 months in North London. We also have 2 cats who were my first babies! I volunteer at a local childrens nursery and am looking to train as TA next year. I 2 had fertility probelms being diagnosed with PCOS. I lost weight and fell pregnant after 4 yrs! now want to lose the baby weight. My 30th is also in April and dont want to be fat and 30! lol. When in April is your bday?

Ooooh, thanks all!

I went with Ruth (surname) photography in the end! I'm all set up apart from the website, which is s-l-o-w-l-y getting there!

Correll, mines the 18th April, when's yours?

Last edited:
Hi Ruth, I'm Tiz(tracey), and I live in Cornwall. I lost over 2 1/2 stone on CD this time last year, but due to personal reasons I lapsed and have gained all bar 5lb's of my loss!:cry:
I am married to John and I have four children by my 1st marriage, only one daugher lives at home still, one daughter is married with three little boys, so I'm a nana,my son is married and my last daughter is living with her partner.
I have two cats, jet and leo and several bunnies! one has recently had four babies.
I work in my local shop part time, and I make celebration cakes as a small from home operation.
I want to get back into the diet and will! suceed this time, am struggling, but I will get through it if I stay on here and chat with people going through the same as me :)
Nice to meet everybody x

Hi Ruth,
I'm Jill. I'm 42, single and I live in Spain. I teach English over here. I want to lose 12 stones! I have lost 2 and a half so far so I think I am going to be on CD til next summer at the very least!
It's my weigh in tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me folks!

hi ruth
im from leeds.. im a midwife. I also turn 30 next year (may) so dont want to be fat and 30. Im single and it seems like most of my friends are either getting married or pregnant so as I cant do any of that thought i would have to be slim for 30!! good luck with your CD journey, weight loss has so many benefits and however you get PG it is really helpful for maternal health to have a good BMI. you can do it!!

Hi Ruth

I'm Sarah, 41 years old and single (can't improve upon the age but hopefully will alter singledom status, ha ha!). No children or pets. Started CD at 14:2 and would like to get down to at least 9:7. Yet another nurse, dual qualified registered general nurse and registered social worker, love my job (most of the time) as government inspector.
Good Luck with CD as you do have a specifically special reason for losing weight x

Hi Ruth! Welcome back! I'm Sue from Bournemouth. I'm 42 and work in education. I'm single but have two furkids, Charlie & Betsy, who are scotties and totally spoilt & overindulged. Started Cambridge in mid-April 09 at a whopping 18st 4lbs and to date have lost 80lbs. Still got just over another stone to get to my initial goal. Have loved my Cambridge journey and am still shocked when I see the new me in the mirror!
Good luck with your restart - you're doing it for the best reason and I wish you every success with both. xx.

Hi Ruth,

I am Ramona, I have 2 little boys (4yrs & 9months), married for 5 years, been together for 12 years. I am "fat & 30"..grrr I turned 30 in September and wasn't happy about my weight and decided something had to be done (better late than never)!!

All the best wishes with the CD and your new business adventure xxx

Hi
Good thread...
I'm Lynne, 38 (eek!!) live with my partner Mark, and my gorgeous Siamese cats Whiskey and Mika, and my German Shepherd, Jenson. No kids (but my boys are my babies!!)
I work as a Communications Assistant in Swansea Uni. I play darts once a week with my bestest friends, which i love!
Lost weight for a lot of reasons, obviously, but one of them was to be able to ride pillion on Mark's bike... not on his gorgeous red sexy Ducati (can't really touch that bike!), but he's recently bought a tourer - a lovely blue BMW so we can happily tootle around the place together!! Oh bliss! lol
I've lost 50lbs so far, and I'd love to lose another stone before Christmas to get down to 10st... fingers crossed.
I'm also addicted to this forum!
Lynne
x

Well this is my GOKs what number re-start on the diet, been more or less absent from here since Septmeber, I've come back today and there are so many new faces!

i thought I'd start a thread so we could all get to know each other a bit better.......

I'm Ruth, I'm 29, and married to Paul. I live in Coventry. I'm an A&E nurse, but I'm in the middle of setting up my own wedding and portrait photography business. I have no children, we need fertility treatment, hence doing cambridge. I have 2 cats who are my babies.Im 30 in April and I will NOT be fat and 30 (unless, of course, I'm pregnant and have a baby bump!)

Tell me about you!

Hi Ruth,

Great to see you back on minimins lovely :) I had wondered where you had got to.

Brilliant idea, getting to know each other properly (to some degree)

Here's me:

I'm 24 years old, married to Simon - no children as yet. Main reason I am doing CD is to improve my health and to give me and my HB a chance to conceive naturally :) I am a Child Psychologist - I work in a school. I needed a diet that I could fit into my lifestyle and gave results. I've been ss'ing since April (3 cheats to date). The rest is all in my signature, and pictures in my album :)

Sooo nice to see you back Ruth. All the best for your CD journey. Welcome home!!!!

Hugs x x x

Back