GI Diet Food Diaries

Well four weeks back I said I was going to be better at keeping a food diary and as you can see I haven't been doing that! During the last four weeks I have lost 3 pounds, which feels painfully slow and too few, I can't wait to lose another two pounds because then I will have finally hit two stone lost...

I am not sure that over the last few weeks I have been eating as well as I should have, infact I know I haven't. And whilst it is a good thing that I have not gained any weight, I don't want to be dieting forever, it takes up so much mental energy, the sooner I can get to my goal, the better. Also I am a little concerned that I could become complacent and comfortable.

So as of yesterday I have decided that I am going to continue with the GI Diet, but now pay very close attention to the amount of calories I am consuming as well. I am aiming to eat no more than 1500 calories a day and this morning I joined WLR for their free trial - which confirmed that my aim was correct :). I am going to stick this revised plan for a month and if at the end of the month I am not happy with the results then I think I need to reassess what diets will work for me...

So without further ado here is yesterday's food diary:

28/01/07

Breakfast

220 calories bread
69 calories bacon
70 calories approx flora
10 calories

Breakfast total – 369

Lunch

140 - Tuna Steak
90 – New Potatoes
80 – Egg
7 – Rocket
12 – Tomatoes
5 - Onion
5 - Pepper
27 –Garlic

Lunch Total - 366

Snacks

176 - 4 oranges
105 – mullerlight yoghurt
10 - Tea
Also drank several glasses of water too!

Snacks total – 281

Dinner

325 - Pasta
68 - Tomato Sauce

Dinner total 393

28/01/07 Total – 1419

Here is yesterday's and today's food entries, I think it is going well so far!:

28/01/07

Breakfast

220 calories bread
69 calories bacon
70 calories approx flora
10 calories

Breakfast total – 369

Lunch

93 - Rice
12 – Tomatoes
5 - Onion
10 - Pepper
27 –Garlic
35 – peas

Lunch Total - 182

Snacks

20 – Tea (2 cups)

Snacks total – 125

Dinner

650 – Baked Rice (a maltese dish turned low gi, not good for dieting though as has too much rice - was finishing it off!)

Dinner total 650

28/01/07 Total –1326

29/01/07

Breakfast

220 calories bread
69 calories bacon
70 calories approx flora
10 calories

Breakfast total – 369

Lunch

330 – Tuna and sweet corn sandwich

Snacks

66 – Apple
44 – Apple & Grape pack
30 – 3 cups of tea
88 – 2 oranges

Snacks total - 333

Dinner

2 bowls of tomato and lentil soup

151 – red lentils
48 – tomatoes
24 – Mango chutney (to thicken soup)
73 – Sultanas
30 – Onion
4 – garlic

Dinner total 330

29/01/07 – total 1362

BTW - I also drink loads of water, I just forget to mention it, but I am drinking it - honestly!

Well done to you, sounds like you are really focused now.

Keep up the good work

Hi CC

I've been counting calories again lately too, I sometimes find with GI that I eat too much and I have to be careful, so I'm trying to reign it back in again.

Sounds like you've got a good balance there though and your food sounds lovely.

Keep up the good work
x

Hi CC

I've been counting calories again lately too, I sometimes find with GI that I eat too much and I have to be careful, so I'm trying to reign it back in again.
Hi Madam Dotty!

I think at first I could get away without calorie counting because the change in my diet was a positive one and generally I was eating less and my body was losing water. However I now have to pay more attention as start to kill off the fat! I am liking the sense of control I have watching the calories too, although I think I may have to be careful of that in the future...

Thanks for your support

Luv Cc xxx

Here is today's food diary...

30/01/07

Breakfast

220 calories bread
18 calories marmite
70 calories approx flora
10 calories tea

Breakfast Total - 308

Lunch

340 - Weightwatchers Lasagne (not low gi, but at least low cal...)

Lunch Total - 340

Snacks

Tea - 60
Lunch - 340
Ryvita (low Gi version)- 45
Yoghurt - 105
Apples - 132

Snacks total - 297

Dinner

192 - Chicken Breast cooked with lemon juice and black pepper
75 - 3 small new potatoes
83 - Peas
25 -2 tomatoes

Dinner Total - 375

30/01/07 Total - 1320

Well I am utterly amazed that I have so far managed to keep this up! I have a routine though and that is helping...

31/01/07

Breakfast

220 calories bread
18 calories marmite
70 calories approx flora
10 calories tea

Breakfast Total - 308

Lunch

216 - Weightwatchers Chicken, Mushroom and New Potartoes Meal

Lunch Total - 216

Snacks

Tea - 50
Ryvita (low Gi version)- 91
Yoghurt - 105
Apples - 66

snacks total - 312

Dinner*

128 - Baxters Healthy Choice Soup (Med Tomato)
220 - bread
70 - approx flora
56 - Wafer Thin Ham
7 - Tomato

Dinner total - 481

31/01/07 Total - 1317

*My dinner today was not particularly low GI as I have had too much bread! But after work today I went food shopping (its pay day - at last!) and I was shattered when I got home - I was tempted to get a take away so a sandwich was probably far better...

Just realised that yesterday my lunch appears twice (once in lunch and then in my snacks) - that was an error - sorry I didn't eat twice :eek:

Luv CC xx xx xx

Well done CC - keep it up.

Question for you, in your snacks you've got tea - 50 cals, is this a cup of tea? Presumably the cals are for the milk?

Just being nosey :p

Here is yesterday's food diary - been a bit slack so making up for it now! But it is hard to keep a track of calories when eating out (although I have been making healthy choices when I do eat out).

07/02/07

Breakfast
196 calories bread (Hovis Country Granary Bread)
69 calories bacon
70 calories approx flora
10 calories tea

Breakfast total – 345

Lunch
293 - Tuna & Sweetcorn Boots Shapers Sandwich
94 - Shapers Crisps
Lunch Total - 387

Snacks
50 - 5 cups of tea
66 - 1 apple
45 - 1 ryvita
88 - 2 oranges
Snacks total - 249

Dinner
1 stuffed Beef Tomato and half a red pepper (stuffed with quorn, onion, garlic and chilli) served with rice, mushrooms, courgette and peas. Approx 330 calories.

07/02/07 total - 1311

Thats done! Will be back later or tomorrow with todays food...

Luv CC xxx xxx xxx

Another week and another two pounds gone!

Yay!

Also calculated today that if I lose another eight pounds I will then just be overweight! Fingers crossed that I will be in a month's time!

Luv CC xx xx xx
Pleased that following the GI diet and calorie counting seems to be working well!

Well done CC, you're really doing well, I'm so glad the GI diet's working for you. Apart from the pain of cooking so much, most of the food is delicious and there are so many lovely things you can have - it's a great diet and so healthy. Keep up the good work
xxx

Fantastic - the washing up as well, it must be love;) :D

Back