Gill SW diary -green days

Thanks Gemma. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and see whether its changed. I really hope so! Feeling a bit less bloated so I'm hopeful! Made the cottage cheese and bean cake this evening for my husband as needed a quick tea and he really liked it! He's normally not interested unless its got meat in either so that was good :)

hope you're doing ok?

This morning I'm back down the 3lb I gained so it must have been water weight which I'm relieved about :) really hope to see at least 2lb off this week though so I can catch up on not losing last week. Will keep going and see what happens on Monday ;)

Thanks Gemma. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and see whether its changed. I really hope so! Feeling a bit less bloated so I'm hopeful! Made the cottage cheese and bean cake this evening for my husband as needed a quick tea and he really liked it! He's normally not interested unless its got meat in either so that was good :)

hope you're doing ok?

Pleased he liked it! Glad the weight has come off and hopefully you'll start seeing a loss soon, you should do! I'm doing well it's my last weigh in on Tuesday before I go away so going to work really hard this week and be 100% doubt I'll hit my target but I'm going to try my best :D

Oh wow! It sounds brilliant :) I hope you have an amazing time!

My target is for the end of June for my brother in laws wedding and I am a bridesmaid along with a few other very slim beautiful bridesmaids ;) going for 4 days too so maybe a bit of lounging by the pool (weight permitting haha)

Thursday
bit of a strange day today, not very structured as i didn't have breakfast/lunch dinner as such just snacks.

Scan bran cake HEB with ff and berries
Mixed veg with cottage cheese and cheese HEA
Protein bar 10 syns

Not very hungry so not going to have my additional HE's, don't want to just eat for the sake of it. Needed the protein bar as had a big chocolate craving and I love them!

Glad you got rid of the 3lbs - now the only way is down.
Is that scan bran cake something you would eat if you were not on SW - I mean is it nice or just a cake you can eat on SW because you like cake- if you know what I mean.

Did you have any luck finding veggie Sugar Free Jelly other than Weight Watchers?

If I was a bread manufacturer I would be churning SW friendly Pitta breads out by the thousands reading the forums on here. Wonder why Asda and Co-op suddenly changed the recipe, bet their shelves are full of them now. I do wonder what made them SW unfriendly all of a sudden, wish I had kept a wrapper from the Asda ones I used to by so could compare.

Last edited:
Is that scan bran cake something you would eat if you were not on SW - I mean is it nice or just a cake you can eat on SW because you like cake- if you know what I mean.

Did you have any luck finding veggie Sugar Free Jelly other than Weight Watchers?

If I was a bread manufacturer I would be churning SW friendly Pitta breads out by the thousands reading the forums on here. Wonder why Asda and Co-op suddenly changed the recipe, bet their shelves are full of them now. I do wonder what made them SW unfriendly all of a sudden, wish I had kept a wrapper from the Asda ones I used to by so could compare.

I have an Asda one I have loads in the freezer now! I do often wonder why certain "branded" things all of a sudden are removed, seems a bit suspect sometimes, think WW and SW are in cahoots...?!ha I'll post the Asda info once I get home tonight would be interesting to compare those and the WW ones....

Oh wow! It sounds brilliant :) I hope you have an amazing time!

My target is for the end of June for my brother in laws wedding and I am a bridesmaid along with a few other very slim beautiful bridesmaids ;) going for 4 days too so maybe a bit of lounging by the pool (weight permitting haha)

Gill the wedding sounds fab, lucky you being bridesmaid! Where are you headed?

Thanks Systema, i hope it continues to go down.

I do love the scan bran cake, often gives me a chocolate fix ;) would definitely eat if if I wasn't on SW. When I first discovered it I ordered about 24 packets of scan bran online so I could eat more of it haha.

I didn't manage to find any other sugar free jelly that was veggie, but tried again with the ww but used only 1/2 the recommended water so its turned out a bit better :) still need to taste it as its in the fridge but looks more solid than before.

Gill the wedding sounds fab, lucky you being bridesmaid! Where are you headed?

Its in Florence and I've never been to Italy before so really excited :) just hope I can shift the weight so I feel more confident!

Friday
B -scan bran cake HEB with ff and berries
l - slimming world houmous with carrot sticks/cucumber
D - cauliflour pizza, salad, cottage cheese, cheese HEA and feta HEB
highlights hot choc -2 syns, protein powder in ff (3 syns), total 5 syns

Planned Saturday going to do loads of bits for snacks/lunch/dinner as having family over. Going to make the following...

mushy pea curry, bean and cottage cheese cake, vegetable pakoras, SW potato wedges, 1/2 a syn cake, ww jelly then ill probably use my syns on some chocolate later whilst watching a film.

Planned Saturday going to do loads of bits for snacks/lunch/dinner as having family over. Going to make the following...

mushy pea curry, bean and cottage cheese cake, vegetable pakoras, SW potato wedges, 1/2 a syn cake, ww jelly then ill probably use my syns on some chocolate later whilst watching a film.

Sounds like a plan, have you tried Butternut Squash Chips? They are amazing I'm addicted to them, cut them like chips, no need to peel it, fry light them and sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30-40 mins, I've converted our house on to them....

Sounds like a plan, have you tried Butternut Squash Chips? They are amazing I'm addicted to them, cut them like chips, no need to peel it, fry light them and sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30-40 mins, I've converted our house on to them....

I haven't but will do ;) added to my shopping list :)

thanks Gemma

Not tried it yet (it's ready to eat in the fridge) may try the others you mentioned though. Picked up the ww ones as there isn't any gelatine in them ;)

Ooh great news for me! I love veggie jelly! Usually buy from Middle-Eastern Stores but gave up recently when started SW again as I know they have loads of sugar in them. Now to find the WW ones.

Ooh great news for me! I love veggie jelly! Usually buy from Middle-Eastern Stores but gave up recently when started SW again as I know they have loads of sugar in them. Now to find the WW ones.

Hope you find them :)

i noticed yesterday that some of the ready made sugar free ones are also veggie too so that's always an option too. Forgotten the name of the brand but its in a tallish pot and has less than 10 cals per pot, some nice flavours too (just a bit more expensive than the make your own ones)

Hartleys sugar ones are veggie. EDIT - it is the 1 hours quick set used for flans which is veggie.

Was wondering about using Agar Agar in sugar free squash - will play around with it when I get back. Bought some from Asda last year but can't find it on their website today.

Back