Gingette's Diary

Week 2: Day 7

So my second weigh in is tonight. I've actually found it okay this week. Had slight cravings about boiled eggs and soldiers last night - who knew!! I still don't think I'm drinking enough water, but this is the weekend I'm going to start introducing proper exercising. To date my exercise has taken the form of walking to work from the train station about 25 minutes each day and taking the stairs to my office, but I know I need to do more. So booking into Zumba tomorrow night. It is also a very good technique to not be rude to my friend tomorrow as she will ask me to stay for dinner. "Sorry, got class booked need to head". Excellent coping strategy.

Right time to get some water into me, until my self imposed stop time of 3pm as my class starts at 6pm.

Week 2 : Result

Well I went for my weigh in last night and had lost 3 lbs.

Now I think if i was WW or something I would be absolutely delight. Don't get me wrong I'm chuffed, but I had hoped for 5 this week. Anyway new chapter. So this week my change is to go the gym this week (zumba tonight!). I've got to stay positive., keep drinking my water and work for my next weigh in.

Week 3: Days 1 - 3

Day 1:

So slightly deflated about weigh in but not going to let that bother me. Onwards and downwards!! Was round at my friends on Friday who did the whole wow thing! She's knows how much I need to lose to get into my dress and knows that I've got a lot further to go. Anyway slight slip she made me coffee with sweetener (good) and milk (green milk but still not great). Anyway drank it and it just wasn't as good as my famous vanilla latte! But put that to one side and moved on. Buses let me down so didn't make it to Zumba - so instead had a bath to congratulate myself for my 3lb loss. Got my gym bag packed for the morning.

Day 2:

So up with the larks and ready for the gym (my first serious exercise since starting the plan). Arrived just in time to start and when booking in for the class the lovely receptionist asked if I wanted to be booked in for body attack as well as body pump. Yes I said. In the back of my head I knew that if I felt weird then I'd stop. Anyway I made it through both classes and was buzzing from the endorphins! Absolutely loved it. Sweated (and hydrated) had a red face and loved it. It did knock me a little bit but managed to walk home from the gym (another twenty minutes of exercise!!) then had a quiet rest of the day.

Day 3:

Arms are a little stiff this morning but had committed to go to the gym again. Was hoping to do a fitball class but this was cancelled so instead went for a quick row and a walk (31 mins of cardio) then for a quick swim, probably fairer to call it a float but it still felt good. Then went back to my friends, politely declined soup with bread and cheese and stuck to the coffee. Felt great. I like these feelings. I think I do feel better for doing a bit of sweating. Keeping my fluids up and my attitude positive. Let's keep this going.:)

Week 3: Day 4

Well good morning! Yesterday was true 100% to the programme - very good. Although somehow I've managed to have too many packs left for the week - who knows how. Ended up going straight home from work and was in bed for 17.45 totally wiped out. was nearly falling asleep at work. I think it is the exercise I did over the weekend catching up with me. Walked up to work in the morning and again really enjoyed it. It's a great buffer zone to the day. Getting more used to drinking all of the water - at first it was a real struggle. Think I've lost some inches (finally) and I'm wearing today the jeans that I went for my very first weigh in in. and they are a wee big lose !! Let's keep this going.

Last edited:
Woo hoo! It's a great feeling isn't it when you lose some inches? Keep going Gingette you're doing amazing xx

Well done on your losses so far! it just gets better. Keep at it, you're doing amazing :3

Week 3 - Result

Okay this could turn in to a bit of an essay. I really wanted to write this last night but instead I took myself off for a bath. I'm a little bit lost at the moment.

I had my meeting last night and lost another 3lbs. Totally mixed feelings. This week I did more exercise than previously and still lost the same. I know that this is a journey and i'm not there yet but i'm just a bit lost.

I get married eight weeks on saturday, more importantly (in terms of timing and things) my hen weekend is in five weeks time. it is a weekend away with my family and friends. thankfully we have some exercise planned for that weekend.

Anyway I'm a little disappointed with the overall results (i know that i've lost over one stone in three weeks) i just hoped that my loss this week would be better. I haven't been fitted for my wedding dress (i don't even know if i'll get in). I know that for the dress that weight isn't the issue but inches. I am going to book my first fitting this week and try and get it as far in the future as possible. hopefully four weeks from today which would give me a chance to get the inches off.

I'm also worried about the hen. i want to be able to eat that weekend. So really don't know what my options are. Is there a shorted RTM that i could follow, so at least I could just be picky with my food. the other thing in the back of my mind is once i'm fitting in my dress (!!) i need to stay the same shape. for the time between the fitting and my big day (like i've not got enough to stress about). I'm just not sure what the best thing to do is. I spoke to my OH last night who just doesn't get it. I couldn't really raise it at group last night as it was a locum counseller, although it was the best session on change that i've had so far.

They also won't accept my BP form as the pharmacy refused to stamp it my normal LLC is going to email me today about it. Joy. I'm in a bit of a tiss about.

It was a day of totally mixed emotions yesterday from joy at the jeans to dispair. Although my brain started playing tricks on me again as yesterday was merely the first day that I had tried them on. They might have fit for ages but i just hadn't been brave enough to try them. :mad::mad::mad:

I just need to get my head straight. Last night my big jeans did make me feel good but i really need to try and sort out my crooked thoughts but at the moment it's a bit of a struggle.

Sorry for the essay.

Week 4: Days 1 - 4

I've had a chance to distance myself from my unhelpful thoughts last week and try and work on being positive again. So Friday I found another pharmacy to do my blood pressure who was a really nice chap. He was very interested about LL and I was explaining the benefits. I think that this made a difference to my mind set. I did give you ladies a mention with the incredible losses and more importantly long term maintenance that some of you have achieved. I became a believer in the programme again. Just what I needed.

Friday night I decided not to go to the gym but to spend quality time with my OH, as I'd gone to be before 6pm Monday, was working Tuesday and Wednesday night and at my meeting on Thursday. It was a really nice night. OH did have a sausage supper but i wasn't even remotely interested in it (what a change!!). I also phoned to book my first dress fitting and she suggested the beginning of March, so I have four and a half weeks to make serious progress.

So mentally it has put me back in a more positive mindset.

Saturday came and I went to my two exercise classes and really enjoyed them both. Then rewarded myself with a walk to go and get my facial! Absolute bliss. Had a taxi home. Now my OH was out on the piss so I spent the majority of day doing things, finally I've got the restlessness and urge to do things that everyone else has been talking about. I took everything out of my wardrobe and tried everything on. And the good news is that I've got a big blue Ikea bag full of things that are either too big or "do nothing for me". I also have a little selection of clothes that are too small for me (at the moment). I have kept my "fat" jeans for my weaker moments. It was a brilliant thing to do. I now know that everything in my wardrobe I can just put on. Getting ready is no longer a strop fest.

Sunday morning - got up and watched the tennis and then went shopping with a friend. Not confident enough yet to try anything on, but spent four hours wandering around the shops stopping only for a peppermint tea and a black coffee. My friend was so encouraging about my appearance. It was such a good boost. I did buy my wedding lipstick!! And the lovely lady did my whole face so I looked fab heading home. OH certainly liked that. It made me feel like a million dollars.

Today is a new day and I've got to be positive. I've got a waist trimmer, spinny disk, thing coming today so I can do that during my work lunch hour (thankfully I have my own office) with a lockable door.

My little cloud has gone and I'm ready for the next stage of my journey.

I can do this!

Yes, you CAN do this. You WILL. You've got a goal to get to and remember every loss is in the right direction. Keep those "fat" jeans for inspiration. It deffinately wont be long until you're in your "smaller" clothes. Hope your day goes well xxx

Day 5 & 6

Week 4: Day 5 & 6

I really don't think that I could got as far without the fabulous support, wisdom and humour of you fabulous people on here.

I can't believe I managed to go a whole month on this (well started on the 5th). Am finding the packs easier than ever before although I did have a bit of a boo boo (2 bars Sat & Sun) over the weekend so as a result today and tomorrow and non-bar days. But it's always good to have a bit of variety in my nutritional habbits!

I'd forgotten that my OH is away on a course for the next two weeks, happily home at the weekend. So am figuring out coping strategies. Generally home alone means takeaway so planning my diary so that I'm too busy to even think about it!

I've kind of accepted that 3lbs will probably be my average lose. it's still more than I'd get anywhere else and it's easier!

Not really looking forward to my walk down to the train after work today as I'm still looking like a bit of a drowned rat after my walk in! Anyway I'm more impressed that I still want to walk to work in the rain! This whole thing must be having some form of effect on me.

Going to see the future MiL and FiL tonight, so am bracing myself for the LL attacks. But I'm at least 16lbs light from the last time I saw them so just need to be in a positive place before I get there. That and just post-pack, because I know that food will come up. And I am choosing not to eat conventional food. My choice.

Anyway time for another vanilla latte!!

Hey gingette, just wanted to say I've been reading diaries for inspiration today as I'm into week 2 and somehow feeling a bit suspended. Just wanted to say great progress so far and you've done the trick!

Wow 16lbs in 3 weeks... you are doing just brilliantly!!!

Week 4 - Result

The Fourth Weigh In - The Results

Well it was my fourth trip on the scales for my weekly loss and this week it was two pounds. Yes I know! I've now lost ten per cent of my body weight which is an amazing thing to do in four weeks. Yet and you know what I'm thinking - two **** pounds, three would have been great (how a week changes ones outlook!!). On the plus side I think I know the explanation. I'm a bit bunged and I think that that is the St Clements drink mix. It always does something to my system so from now on i will only be having at the weekends, not the two nights before weigh in. We;ll see if that makes a difference for next week.

Every loss makes a difference and I'll be at the gym again at the weekend which will certainly make me feel better.

On a completely different subject I'm going to have to go shopping at the weekend as my jeans are now at the look silly with a belt on stage, I've only got two pairs of 14s one that is a long way off to get into and the others which are great. So I'm going to have to go to the shops and try on things. Will need to "grow a pair" for that. As clothes shopping is not one of my favourite things, particularly if i'm going to have to try things on. And I need to keep reminding myself that every shop has different sizes. I'm after jeans that fit, the size is irrelevant. Positive mental attitude.

Let week 5 commence!!

Week 5 - Days 1 - 2

Well I got my 14 jeans today. Delighted. But i have had a lapse. it was only a bite of a sausage. But I am so annoyed with myself. More than that I am disappointed. I have four weeks to go with this. Then will probably switch to something else. but even still.

My mission for tomorrow is to put it behind me. Positive mental attitude required.

Great news on the jeans, Gingette - a good motivator. And please give yourself a break on the "sausage bite episode", you are absolutely right to focus on going forward positively. Don't forget you have lost 18lbs in just a few weeks and you are nearly there for your valentine challenge with a week to spare. Go you!

Thank you Dale.

Week 5: Day 3

I carried out my penance yesterday. I was a domestic whirlwind. Cleaned like a demon and started to pack my favours. Will power of iron required as we are having "10p mix bags". So partially stuffed 100 until I ran out of lollies. And I was not even tempted in the slightest. I stumbled across a wonderful quote.

"The very act of believing creates strength of its own"

Well now I have regained the belief in myself. I will consistently choose to follow this programme 100% this week. I can do this.

That's the spirit!!! You go girl!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Week 5: Days 4 - 7

Well the past couple of days have been a little bit rough. There's a threat hanging over my work - oh joy. The girl who shares my office did crack open the emergency box of chocolates that we have. But I don't want any. I don't think my mood would be improved by knowing that I had wrecked my week. So moral high ground.

I've got an absolute stinker of a headache today, so have taken a wee magic pill and am making sure that I drink my water. The past couple of days I haven't been brilliant with this. So must improve today. Meeting tonight then I think straight to bed - just feeling wiped out again! :badmood:

Anyway count down is on for both my dress fitting and my hen weekend. Thankfully the fitting is first. One of our cleaning staff did say to me today "oh my god you've lost tonnes of weight, wow."

Tonnes - not quite - well 18 pounds! But it was still a little boost.

Loving the 14 jeans. Although my black ones are now feeling a little baggy round my middle. Being a glass is half full kind of girl, I'm going with they've stretched.

But we'll see when I get on the scales tonight!:fingerscrossed:

:scale:

Back