Gingette's Diary

Thanks TBSX!! Just need to get rid of the muffiny bit! Everyday is a step in the right direction.

Week 7: Day 5

Well today has been a good LL day. Still at work but my lift should be here shortly! :rolleyes:

Work is going through a major battle for survival at the moment and this place is crawling with cakes and biscuits. Not for me - not even freshly baked pancakes from the nice wee bakery round the corner. It is now accepted that I'm being "good" and not eating crap. Noone here knows that I'm LL. They just know that I like a frothy coffee (my own cunning description of my vanilla latte) as I've given up cappacinos from the cafe (cause I'm being both good and they're too expensive!!) By far the best way of dealing with this. I just dread to think how much I would have eaten these past couple of weeks if I didn't have the discipline of LL behind me.

I'm really looking forward to going shopping this weekend
:giggle:, although one part more than the other. Got to go undies shopping on Saturday and not the pretty kind but the hold it in and make it smooth kind for under my frock. Sunday will be jeans and tops - I used to hate shopping!

Anyway I'm off to look at cupcakes (thankfully online!)

Hey gingette...

You seem really positive, great to see! :D

xx

Thanks Pinkie.

Week 7: Day 6

Today has been a bit of a strange one so far. I've been called "skinny" and had the "how are you doing this Scottish Slimmers?" and my favourite "you're not starving yourself are you?". I do feel bad about lying about it but it is my decision to do LL and (I've probably said this before) but it's my call. I'm not having people judging my decisions.

Anyway big meeting this afternoon so needing a large "vanilla latte" before I go to that.

Thanks Pinkie.

Today has been a bit of a strange one so far. I've been called "skinny" and had the "how are you doing this Scottish Slimmers?" and my favourite "you're not starving yourself are you?". I do feel bad about lying about it but it is my decision to do LL and (I've probably said this before) but it's my call. I'm not having people judging my decisions.

Anyway big meeting this afternoon so needing a large "vanilla latte" before I go to that.

Im keeping it on the lowdown too..... only mum and dad, partner and sisters know! xxx

Im keeping it on the lowdown too..... only mum and dad, partner and sisters know! xxx
+1

Just Mum, Dad, Sis & B/F... and a small handful of mates... I like it that way. :D

xx

Thanks Pinkie.

Hey you, why is that people never feel the need to comment on your weight when you are big, but when you lose weight they feel its a god given right!

I have only told a handful of people, children, few close girlie friends and also a couple of people that I work closely with for moral support.:) xx

Yeah.. I hear that a lot. "Ooooh.. you're too skinny, you need to stop now, you're going to get eating disorder" etc etc.
So one day I asked someone who continues to make comments about how slim I am why do they feel it's ok to say I'm too slim but when I fas nearly 5 stone heavier noone commented I'm getting too fat..
I find it weird and slightly hypocritical

Week 7 : The Result

Well I had my meeting last night. Popped in and left as I felt quite rough. Anyway I lost one pound. Absolutely gutted. That is what I deserved last week - not this week. It's probably a combination of TOTM and not drinking enough water because I've been so ropey. My LLC was very helpful. I just want so much to be in the 10s for the first time in living memory!!

I need to get back to my positive place. I've got my fitting on Wednesday so need to keep focus for that. And then my hen weekend.

It's been a crap week at work which I don't think has helped. My old department is in "consultation" for closure, well apart from two of us who have organisationally being pulled out from the department but still the majority of our work is for the unit under threat. So we don't know if we are for the chop or not. We also found out this week that we lost one of our colleagues this week which has shaken everyone to the core. So the place is not the healthiest in terms of mental health.

I just feel so confused by it all. Here I am *****ing about a small loss when no one here knows where our futures lie. I'm just a little bit of a mess about it all. I would say that over whelming feelings are a combination of guilt, frustration, conflicted and anger. Thankfully my OH is trying to be understanding. I'm just looking forward to getting out of the city for a while and away from the drain that is my work place.

Anyway. Later. x

Aw hunny, keep your chin up. Sorry to hear things arent great for you at the moment, but you are such an inspiration to people on here with your positive comments, our turn to cheer you up now :) xx

Thank you TBSX.

Today went from bad to worse. Found out today that another of my colleagues is very poorly, and morale at my work is at an all time low. I lapsed today. I know why and its an old pattern but in the wider scale of things I'm prepared to accept it. Tomorrow is a new day. I've got five days and counting (seems silly considering what is happening) but I just needed to be "normal" today.

It is being weak but I can at least recover from my lapse. Everything else will be one day at a time.

awww gingette ur not weak.... ur just dealing with some difficult things at the mo.... just pick ya self up and dust ya self off as you have done before xx

I'm back with my result

Thanks Gem it has been an utterly pish week.

I've returned from the :missing: list. It's been too mental at work and at home to get any quality on line time. It's also made me cope alone with my crooked thoughts, which considering everything has been a good thing.

Week 8: The Result

Well managed to get three pounds off this week despite my lapse. But i've moved on from that.

I had my first dress fitting yesterday and it fits apart from the "under bust" but you can't lose inches from your rib cage so quite happy. They are letting out the very top of the dress. But i actually quite like it, which is good. Had major panic but then chilled out. I've got my next fitting a week on tuesday which is good, as I am going off plan this weekend (sorry if this offends). it is my hen weekend and this was always part of my plan. it was also the reason i had my fitting before hand. i can't gain any weight - simple. I have a full week to shed any pounds gained. i can't go bonkers i know that. and as it happens one of the girls coming is a trainee WW leader. So healthy choices will be made. My LLC has known about my plan from the beginning and has been very supportive and she warned me about my alcohol intolerance which is good. I just want to have fun, not spend my weekend throwing up or worse :)sick0019:). I just want to have fun, go out for a nice dinner some nice wine, and lots of exercise. We are booked in for a handful of activities which will help me in the long term . I'll be back online Monday night to once again lean on your collective shoulders. So once again - thank you and wish me luck.

Good Luck, have a great time.

I love that word pish lol x

I love that word pish lol x

sometimes it's the only word (that will get through an auto censor) that will do! i've tried **** :eek: but it is always censored!! :D

Oh, tell me about it! I've tried *****, ****, ****, *******, ***, ******, ********, & *****! I mean, seriously!! It's almost to impossible to express myself, without using at least one of those words in each of my sentences!! :rolleyes: LOL!!

;) xx

Hey Gingette how are you doing xx

Morning Gem. Back at work today. Was just feeling awful yesterday. I'm putting it down to coming back off sugar. I was carb careful but I did have some. I just didn't want to have any alcohol while in ketosis. So made sure I came right out of it. I know that I've put on but I now need to get back on programme. It doesn't help that the house is filled with junk. Had an 80% day yesterday so my 100% starts today.

Had an absolutely fabulous weekend and despite the gain I'll have tomorrow I think it was the right decision to come off. Only two and a half weeks to go (SCREAM!!)

Back