*give yourself a pat on the back*

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
I thought it would be nice to start this thread...

A lot of us have a bad day sometimes (I know I do :p) but there's always at least one thing a day I can say "yeah, good job, that's one step closer to my goal, and I wouldn't have been strong enough to do that before"...

So I thought people can pop down their little good deed for the day to do with their weight loss journey, for example, if I start it...

* The other day we worked some over time and they ordered in pizza hut pizza for us to say thankyou... I didn't touch a crumb :)

And...

* Although this week could have been better, I've now gone a whole week without a binge
:)

*pats self on back* :p

Now it's your turn... can be absolutely ANYTHING, big or small, like having skimmed milk in your tea instead of full fat or taking the stairs instead of lift, or having the lighter option sandwich, or only having half a chocolate bar... ANYTHING! :p

So go ahead peeps... what have you done that's good for you today?? :)

Lozzy Gozzy this is a brilliant idea :) I guess mine for today would have to be climbing back on the wagon after the hopelessness of yesterday!

Aw thanks Letty, it just popped into my head! :p it's nice to think positively... even if you've eaten utter rubbish all day but done one little thing that's good for you then it's better than nothing right? And you should be proud of yourself that you've done that little something :)

Well done on getting back on the wagon! It's the most important thing right? To never give up :)

*pats letty on the back* :p

I really wanted to snack last night after dinner but managed to resist the chocolate I was offerred and the packet of mini ryvitas that were calling me from the cupboard!! Instead I just had a pint of no added sugar squash :innocent0002:

I love these, I think either slimming world or weight watchers have a Non-scale victory thread. This will be the equivilant for us calorie counters.

Lindsey's pat on the back:
* Going to the gym on Friday night when everyone else ordered indian takeaway.
* Only eating 1/3 of a very naughty dinner last night.
* Tesco have stopped selling individual packets of quavers so I bought Cheese and onion crisps, but only ate half the packet, the same amount of calories as a packet of quavers, and gave the rest to my colleague!

Yay you guys and yay me!!! x

More pats on the back for me!:
* I didn't eat any doughnuts that have been sat in the office all day!
* The whole way home I was thinking of ordering chinese... I'm now cooking a healthy spag bol with loads of veggies.

I really wanted to snack last night after dinner but managed to resist the chocolate I was offerred and the packet of mini ryvitas that were calling me from the cupboard!! Instead I just had a pint of no added sugar squash :innocent0002:

Woop woop darling! That IS will power!! How good are you?! :p

*pats darling on the back*

I love these, I think either slimming world or weight watchers have a Non-scale victory thread. This will be the equivilant for us calorie counters.

Lindsey's pat on the back:
* Going to the gym on Friday night when everyone else ordered indian takeaway.
* Only eating 1/3 of a very naughty dinner last night.
* Tesco have stopped selling individual packets of quavers so I bought Cheese and onion crisps, but only ate half the packet, the same amount of calories as a packet of quavers, and gave the rest to my colleague!

Yay you guys and yay me!!! x

More pats on the back for me!:
* I didn't eat any doughnuts that have been sat in the office all day!
* The whole way home I was thinking of ordering chinese... I'm now cooking a healthy spag bol with loads of veggies.

Wow lindsey! You're like a little saint aren't you?! You're showing the rest of us up! :p esp. the crisps thing... that is soooooooo good of you! I don't think I could have done something like that :) Go you girly! :p

*pats lindsey on the back*

:D

I'm hoping this thread gets going a bit and a lot of people use it... it's always nice to realise the good things you've done that day, even if you don't think you have :)

* On monday we had a work meeting, once again they ordered in pizza hut pizza and had wine/beer/cider... I didn't go near it! :)

* On monday we had a work meeting, once again they ordered in pizza hut pizza and had wine/beer/cider... I didn't go near it! :)

I can't resist pizza, I would have caved as soon as I smelt it. Very big pat on the back for Lozzy! x

Okay, I'm needing a little boost so here's some more things :) ...

* I did lots of baking of gingerbread men and muffins with my little brother the other day, I ate one of each and packed the rest up for him to take home :)

* I soooooo wanted a peanut butter sandwich in the middle of the night last night, but was a good girl and didn't :p

Let's keep this thread going... what have you done that's good for you??

Great idea!! Lol lindsay im constantly thinkin about orderin a chinese but yet to do it. Maybe thats my pat on the back!! :)

Pizza is undoubtedly the hardest thing EVER to resist!! Well done lozzy

Woooo it certainly is a pat on the back!

You've got great will power... go you!! :D

*pats goin'down on the back* :p

Just a tip for when you go to Pizza Hut; some of the pasta dishes are surprisingly lower in calories than you'd imagine, and the tuscani pizzas aren't too bad either. A whole tuscani ham & pineapple pizza is just under 600 calories!! That's great for when you go out with friends and you don't particularly want to order something silly like a salad. :p
The calories for all their food is listed on their website anyway, which I think is very helpful. :D

Well, I've recently had small achievements, but they still make me feel really happy. :)

*I recently bought a new dress, new cardigan, new t-shirt and new leggings - all of which were a size 8!! :D

*I now feel like I'm able to really enjoy the food I like to eat and STILL stay to a small amount of calories (such as 1,200).

*This may not be relevant, but last weekend I was VERY bad, but because it was my birthday I felt like I shouldn't beat myself up about it because everyone should enjoy their birthday! So, maybe having a positive mindset there could be an achievement?

Great thread btw! :)

this is a great thread ! everyone has been doing great with their accomplishments :)

I refused pizza twice on friday.. Pizza is VERY hard to turn down.. My work orders a lot of it too Lozzy.. and then my husband ordered one for dinner. I had veggie stirfry :)

I declined breakfast out on Saturday morning (can't resist french toast if i go out) and did laundry instead.. lol then worked my butt off at the gym

I didn't go out Saturday night cuz i was feeling weak and KNEW i would have a few pints so i stayed in and played Wii instead :)

I'm having a 100% week so far despite the pms/cramping and i could easily knock a co-worker down and steal their snacks.. but i shall resist. lol

My pats on the back

Friday was my birthday and me and the kids always have a takeaway on birthdays, birthday persons choice. I was good, made the kids a beef balti (so they weren't missing out totally) and I had a strawberry slimfast.

I got a box of Terrys orange segsations for my birthday...divided them up between me and the kids and still have half of mine left.

Biggest one for me was today. My first day at pulmonary rehab. I knew I was going to be the youngest but as I walked in there I realised just by how much...at least 25 years and up to 40 years difference! It was a sea of white hair and there stood I with my bright red locks! I was also the only female. I could so easily have turned and run but I stuck it out, did an hours exercise (knackering) and even spoke within the group (i'm extremely shy) Thats more a "hip hip hooray" moment than a "pat on the back"!

Well done CatCrazy and everyone else :)

Mine for the moment is placing myself firmly back on the wagon after last week! It'll probably take me two weeks to get back to where I was but meh, I can deal with that.

Back