Extra Easy Giving it my best shot!

Resisted the cupcakes! Got home and cooked pork chops, steamed cabbage and broccoli and a jacket potato done in the oven, delicious! Good day completely on plan today.

Looking forward to dinner tonight...sweet and sour chicken with pepper, baby corn sugar snap peas, broccoli, onion and jasmine rice. It is 6.5 syns for half a jar, I'm halving it again so I have lunch tomorrow so I'm counting 4 syns per portion to be on the safe side.
Another good day, completely on plan. Hooray!

Last edited:
Steak and salad tonight, yum!
Good day today, was on a course this morning and there were pastries with coffee. I had neither, just water.
Got back to work and ate my lunch so no naughties eaten.

Yummy cooked breakfast this morning: bacon scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes, scrambled egg, skinny sausage and black pudding (4.5 syns I know but I have enough, so why not?!)

Subway turkey and ham salad today, usually have sweet onion dressing on it but wasn't sure how many syns that would be so had it plain. Looked it up...would only have been 2.
Never mind, much more virtuous than a meatball marinara with cheese which is what I usually have.

Boys made massive pizzas at Asda for tea tonight so I am going to have prawn and veg stir fry with egg noodles.

Last edited:
Cooked breakfast again this morning-just love weekends.
Lunch will be roast chicken and veg etc. Tea will be homemade chicken and veg soup. Going to make enough to last me Monday and Tuesday lunch as well.

Well 3.5 lbs off this week. Not as much as I'd hoped for for the first week but better off than on it maintaining I suppose.

Another good day today. Managed to be pleased with my 3.5 lb loss.
Soup for lunch was tasty and filling although I was ravenous in the management meeting tonight. Had a cup of tea but didn't have a biscuit unlike everyone else.
Tea was pork stroganoff type thing loaded with red pepper, onion and mushrooms with rice.
Tomorrow is a busy day but have planned my meals so it should be another good day.

Tried 'Pete's' salmon fish cakes tonight. Changed the recipe slightly...used lime, coriander and finely chopped spring onion. Served it with stir fried veg. Was really tasty. Even husband, who is a meat fiend, enjoyed them!

Was just feeling a bit peckish and beginnings to think of chocolate so went and did boiled eggs with a slice of toast. Tried out my new device for removing the top of the egg. It's like a little metal hat with a stick and a ball at the end. You pull up the ball and let it go. It clacks down on the egg, cleanly slicing all around. Now more shards of shell everywhere.

Should we be limiting carbs on SW as much as we can?
I think the high carb/low carb debate is something that affects everyone differently. I adore carbs and have an real addiction/obsession with bread BUT I know my body doesn't react well to them. Since starting SW in December I made a choice to also reduce the carbs in my diet. I've mostly cut out bread completely (a couple of wholemeal buns on the weekend maybe) and limit pasta dishes to once or twice a week. I've carried on using potatoes as normal. The difference is amazing. I'm losing weight SO much faster than I ever did the last time I was on SW a few years ago, which proves to me that carbs (for me) are a real problem and DO need to be limited.

I think the high carb/low carb debate is something that affects everyone differently. I adore carbs and have an real addiction/obsession with bread BUT I know my body doesn't react well to them. Since starting SW in December I made a choice to also reduce the carbs in my diet. I've mostly cut out bread completely (a couple of wholemeal buns on the weekend maybe) and limit pasta dishes to once or twice a week. I've carried on using potatoes as normal. The difference is amazing. I'm losing weight SO much faster than I ever did the last time I was on SW a few years ago, which proves to me that carbs (for me) are a real problem and DO need to be limited.
This is interesting Wolf. I find I lose more quickly when I cut/limit carbs. I do crave them though. I'm trying to serve smaller portions of carbs and replace with veg.

Oh dear. Dreadful end to the day. Have eaten sweets, chocolate, crisps, half a donut, what a pig! Can tell I'm due on. Hope I can salvage it tomorrow.

Well, bad last two days but have picked myself back up this morning. Most focus and not allow myself to cave. Food shop day today so will make sure I only buy SW friendly foods.

That's the way (the only way) I can do it. I buy only SW friendly food and I literally don't have ANYTHING in my house that would cause me to go over syns. If I want a syn'd treat, I specifically go out and buy a one-off. :)

Finally got to Iceland today and bought some meatballs, tikka masala sauce pot and chicken saag. Useful for when hubby and son are eating something I shouldn't.

Back