Giving up chocolate

Ally89

Gold Member
I know I eat far to much chocolate, I can use all my syns on chocolate, but this week i'm trying to cut out my mid morning choccy bar in work in an attempt to reduce my syns to 10-12 instead of the max 15 i tend to use everyday. At the moment i'm not craving my mid morning bar, but come wednesday or thursday i will be.

So I want your opinions, will be it easier to not have chocolate at all or just reduce down my intake to my nightly freddo bar, instead of work time bar and night time bar? And maybe try and satify the craving with options hot chocolate and free food. Just want opinions on what you would do, or what you did do to cut down your chocolately snackage.

I used to have crisp or chocolate as snack at 10am break in work. Now I have fruit and yoghurt or some sea food sticks and never bring chocolate or money to work. I always keep my chocolate and crisp treat for night and lately or depending on my day I find that after dinner am full enough to not even have them. However was gettin to stage where I was eating them "just for" cos I had syns left but putting stop to that and will only use syns as and when need them. Have had Freddo in freezer since Friday and not eaten it. I would cut your day time one and save it for night x

You don't want to deprive yourself of chocolate totally or that might make you have a massive choc binge! I agree with debtin, keep your nightly freddo but cut out the daytime chocolate. I have chocolate most nights, I have half an aldi's 25g 85% dark chocolate bar @ 3.5 syns, I find it's enough to satisfy my chocolate craving, I also don't take/buy chocolate for for work, just take lots of fruit & veg (e.g carrot & cucmber sticks) to nibble on in between meals. Good luck :)

i usually take an apple and my chocolate (i ate mine at 10am too), today i brought 2 apples instead, just eaten my second one. Least we have no vending machines to tempt me to buy chocolate...just right on the edge of a town instead haha

I do that at night sometimes, usually when i have a HEa I can use and then I can have it made with milk, tastes so much better.

I'm trying to do the same with alcohol, what I've decided is that I'll allow myself a drink at night but only on the days/nights when I've done at least 1hr exercise, seems to be working well so far, I'm a lot more active anyway lol

I have almost cut out chocolate now, as if i taste it i just want to eat loads, the less often i have it the less i crave it funnily enough!

Now i snack on fruit or if that's not cutting it, crabsticks or a piece of chicken with some salad leaves, or yoghurt

I'm trying to do the same with alcohol, what I've decided is that I'll allow myself a drink at night but only on the days/nights when I've done at least 1hr exercise, seems to be working well so far, I'm a lot more active anyway lol

haha, funny how its made you more active lol, i'd never have thought it. Ooo you're from Nantwich, not far from me :p

Chocolate philadelphia snack pots. I'm a choccie fiend too, but honestly, this satisfies my cravings. It's probably the same syns as a freddo, but it goes a long way. I buy the snack pots so I'm not tempted to finish a whole big tub. I usually have it on ryvita topped with banana and cinnamon, or sometimes I just dip things into it, like strawberries, or an occasional breadstick. Or sometimes just my finger.......:) It works for me though. Keeping chocolate in the fridge is a good idea too - takes longer to get through. Hope you find something that works for you too - I honestly found this a hard thing to deal with. Xo

I allow myself x2 dairy milks a week. One on thursday, one on friday.

Works for me and im the biggest choc o holic ever (I mean driving 20 miles just to get a bar of chocolate.)

I have cut out chocolate altogether. It wasn't a conscious decision to start with, my aim was just to cut out the chocolate bar I was having every day at work, but then I realised that for me, its easier to not have any at all than to try and cut down on it. I was having about five bars of chocolate a week before. Now, two months without chocolate, I don't fancy it at all.

It's just whatever works best for each individual though - SW is not about depriving yourself, so if you want that nightly Freddo bar, and you have the syns left for it, have it!

Good luck with cutting down on the brown stuff. I think you have to find what works for you.

I am a fully paid up member of Chocoholics Anonymous :cool: For me it's a major trigger food and sets off cravings but a blanket ban has the same effect. So although I don't choose to eat it, I tell myself I can have it if I want to. This works for me and I don't feel deprived but I know it's not for everyone ;)

I agree with the others, cut out the work one and save it for night time, my hubby is big chocolate fiend and always has it at night so this is when i have mine as well IF i want it and IF syns permit, more often now though Im finding i don't want it :eek:

Back