Gnossienne's Slim & Save Diary

Gnossienne

Chronic Restarter
Hello, all. Just setting up my diary to motivate me & keep me on track. :)

My List Of Things....... :

Lose 1 Stone Every Month
Be 13 Stones By End Of September
Reach 10 Stones / Goal By Xmas Day
Take Progress Pictures Every Month
Weigh-In Every Monday
Don't give up!

I am going to have to be very persistent with this because my boyfriend AND family are very against me doing this diet no matter what I say to them, so you guys are my only support! I'm sure my boyfriend won't be complaining once I'm skinnier, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how often I will write in this (I'm very forgetful!) but I WILL be posting my monthly pictures & weekly losses here anyway. :)

Re: Gnossienne's Slim & Save Diary

Hiya and welcome

Good luck with the diet im sure youll do fab!!

Thanks, all! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So I realised today that one of the contributing factors to me gaining so much weight was moving house last year. I was actually losing weight while in that house, and it dawned on me, in almost every room of that house there were fully mirrored built-in wardrobes. I remember every day I would look at myself, several times throughout the day, and seeing my body shrink (or get bigger) was a huge motivation for me. This new house only has ONE mirror, and it's in the bathroom, and it's tiny!

I'm not saying that I gained loads of weight because I haven't seen my full-body reflection in a year, but, I feel like if I had seen myself balloon so quickly I might have tried to stop it earlier, instead of seeing "18 stones" on the scale and freaking out.

Sooooo! I bought myself a full-length mirror! It will be here on Monday, my Slim and Save packs come on Monday as well so it's perfect timing too! I am strangely excited and feel like this year is really going to go well for me & my weight. :)

Thanks, all! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So I realised today that one of the contributing factors to me gaining so much weight was moving house last year. I was actually losing weight while in that house, and it dawned on me, in almost every room of that house there were fully mirrored built-in wardrobes. I remember every day I would look at myself, several times throughout the day, and seeing my body shrink (or get bigger) was a huge motivation for me. This new house only has ONE mirror, and it's in the bathroom, and it's tiny!

I'm not saying that I gained loads of weight because I haven't seen my full-body reflection in a year, but, I feel like if I had seen myself balloon so quickly I might have tried to stop it earlier, instead of seeing "18 stones" on the scale and freaking out.

Sooooo! I bought myself a full-length mirror! It will be here on Monday, my Slim and Save packs come on Monday as well so it's perfect timing too! I am strangely excited and feel like this year is really going to go well for me & my weight. :)

Hello and Welcome I have subscribed to your diary. Good luck. For Monday. It's a good motivator a full length mirror. Yes you will do well and glad your so positive.you have to be in the right frame of mind like you are to do this.

My mirror finally arrived!

I didn't think it would be so hard to look at myself... I really have avoided all mirrors for over a year now (well, apart from small makeup mirrors) & I suppose I've actually been in a bit of denial as to just how much my body has changed. I feel really bad for my boyfriend, it's only now that I can see just how much I've gained. I really do feel hideous, I don't carry weight well at all.

It's motivating, but also a bit upsetting. I'm going to take my very first "progress" picture tomorrow, I guess as the starting one. I just have to stay positive and KNOW that my body will change now, and that in a few months time I will not look the same as I do now. I'm not stuck like this forever, I can do this. I know a lot of people take their progress pictures in their underwear but I don't think I can do that, I think I'll just do a tight-fitting jeans & tee combo.

On the plus side? The S&S spag bol is really yummy! I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Gnossienne's Slim & Save Diary

The bravest and the most empowering thing you can do is face your fears and look at yourself naked in the mirror. Doing that made me do this diet and I still have that picture in my head (yuck!)

Hmm. Confession time!

I ate yesterday, a lot. I feel bad about it but at the same time I feel like I'm okay, like I'm not going to continue it. I'm not sure what made me slip. I'm not sure where my control went. I guess the good thing that came out of this is that while eating (well, binge eating!) I didn't feel like it helped me emotionally, or satisfied me, it just made me feel bad. So, I now have a solid reason to remember not to give in and eat, simply because it does me no good whatsoever.

I have a night out with my family next Saturday but I'm just going to stick to the protein option & water. Thankfully this is basically the only time I have to eat anything until September, lol. Bad timing on my part, I suppose. :)

Oh, and I am staying away from the scales until this diet is properly in my head, until I'm in 'the zone'. :D

I used to be a scales addict & I'm not sure when I'm actually going to weigh myself. Maybe once a month would be safest for me? I'll have to think about it more.

Hi and good luck, this diet will shift lbs really fast if you give it your all. I just started on sunday this week, just take it a day at a time, here to follow xx

Can't believe it's been four weeks since I last posted here. I'm ashamed, lol.

Well. Trying again! I just need to keep thinking of the weight I could have lost in 4 weeks if I had just stuck to it!

Now to get into keto........ :)

Half way through my first (restart) week and I'm actually feeling really great & positive. I have done a LOT of reading on minimins over the past few days.... I'm suitably motivated! :D Here's to getting through the entire week, LOL.

3lbs down so far. :)

Was really hungry last night so I had an extra pack...... Another 2 lbs down today. :)

Super duper bloated & uncomfortable today.... Blech! :(

No loss today, hoping to drop an extra lb or two over the weekend.... wishful thinking! :D

Dreaded keto headache has appeared..... :(

Bloating gone though. Lol. :p

Day 6 & one more lb gone! I am really hoping for 1 to drop off tomorrow before Monday's official weigh in! :p

Feeling a bit better today, just very hungry & my mouth tastes disgusting..... blech.... :yuk:

Hi Gnossienne you seem to be doing great. Day 6 for me to. Its so tempting to keep jumping on the scale. I have weighed in once this week won't weigh again until Monday weigh day. Also got the bad taste in my mouth. How are you finding being 100%? How much water are you drinking per day?

Hiya :) I'm finding it really tough at night, but fine during the day, I am a night eater normally. I'm drinking about 4-5 litres right now, I'm alwwwwways thirsty! :D

Sounds like your really in the zone. Keep it up and good luck xcx

Back