Go Lower

hiya - well i was snowbound again so didn't get to do any exercise (not a good excuse as I could have exercised at home) but yesterday was pretty good - had a storming day working from home and got most of my to do list finished which means I can enjoy my weekend without work being on my mind.

I think it took about a month for me to really feel a difference in my clothes and them to feel loose (because I was squeezing myself into clothes that were frankly too small for me but i refused to go up a size) so that's brilliant that you can feel the effects already.

I had a pair of trousers that I pretty much wore to death which were far too tight around the bottom so i'd always have to wear a long jumper with them but because they were the only size 16 i could get into and I refused to buy an 18 they were my stable trousers. I've kept them in the wardrobe (thrown out all my other too big clothes) and they make me smile every time I try them on - they are so baggy now I'd have to wear a belt if I ever wanted to wear them and they look silly ;-)

I'm totally confident that one day you'll buy a fabulous dress from selfridges and feel a million dollars

Hi Lou, How has your weekend been? I had a lovely time in London and met up with an old friend and spent the time planning what I was going to buy once I was slim. I bought a pair of black trousers from primark like you suggested and they fit perfect right now and have no stretch so I can properly see how they get bigger as the weeks go on. It was so good having eggs and bacon for breakfast and knowing I wasn't breaking the diet.
I couldn't resist the temptation of going on the scales a day early and I have lost another 3lbs, fingers crossed for another one before tomorrow weigh in then only 4lbs to make it to the stone. I can definately feel the difference in my top belly, need to check my measurements tomorrow. Xx

Starting go lower and crossing fingers!!!

Hi all, here's my story. I stopped smoking in October 2008 and put on just over a stone in weight, not a massive ammount of weight but enough to make a big difference when your 5ft 1!! Didn't get too stressed about it as I was getting a puppy in January so my plan was walks and excercise to shift the weight. Sadly between xmas and new year i slipped on ice and broke my ankle in three places and I ended up having to have an op to have a plate and 9 screws put in my ankle. The result of this is another stone in weight since then as I am stuck on the sofa with my leg in plaster and cant do much at all, including cooking (as I cant stand for very long or move pans etc on crutches) hence the attraction of go lower diet healthy heat and go.
The consultants are great . I'm just finishing day 5 of the go lower diet, so far I've not lost any weight but it is early days!! The food is absolutely gorgeous and tastes like real home made foodI had a headache for the first 3 days ( think this was caffine withdrawal as they reccomend decaf tea and coffee) and i must admit I was hungry for the first 4 days so I just nibbled on ham and chicken not at all hungry now. According to the ketostix i'm now in ketosis so I hope to see some weight loss soon!!! If this diet works it will be the easiest in the world to stick to and i've tried them all, x fingers!!! :)
Sorry to go on

Hey Spud, welcome to the group, sorry to hear about your ankle, well done on stopping smoking (will be my next challenge once I am wonderfully slim). I love Go Lower and it really is working for me. I have had a hectic couple of days with work and have been away from home, I have still managed to stick to the plan though and not been tempted by any bad things. The snack bars have been my saviour!!
Its nice to be back home and back to eating the food packs and not having to think. I lost 6lbs in my first week and 3lbs in my second. I checked the scales this morning because I was a bit worried since I hadn't had the packs and lost another 1lb since Tuesday so so close to the stone! I definately feel so much better following the plan and my energy levels are back to normal, maybe even a bit better.
Keep in touch. Whats your favourite meal so far? Xx

Hi both

You are both doing brilliantly - I had a few days off the diet but am back on it now (have been for 2 days) and feel so much better in myself when I am eating healthily compared to when I am eating rubbish - bit cross with myself because if i'd just focussed from the new year onwards I'd be at goal but hey ho - onwards and downwards

Hi both, thank you so much for your welcome :) week one is over and for some reason i've only lost a pound :-( I'm a bit dissappointed:break_diet: as i've not cheated at all, not felt the need to cheat to be honest, the only reason I can think of is that I've not been able to do the decaf bit from day one as I didn't have any and the nearest shop is out of hopping distance!!! :) Had my 28 day pack delivered ( previously had the weeks trial pack) So going to carry on as the food is lovely especially the bacon crunch snacks!!!Mmmmmmmmmmmm:8855:
If you can suggest anything that may help that would be fab :)

Hi Spud

Are you drinking enough water? I find my weight loss comes to a grinding halt if i don't drink enough.

My other suggestion would be to ring the Go Lower helpline - I know they have recommended people who plateau swap the granola for eggs for breakfast but not sure if that is relevent for people who have just started.

So pleased you are still motivated.

I now have 1 stone to lose (was 10lb but least said about that the better) and would be great to share the journey with you both

hi all i was thinkin bout startin go lower in a couple of weeks time.was jus wonderin wot it was like?hungry etc?do u go into ketosis with the 28 day plan?an do u lose much weight?

Hi there

Yes you go into ketosis after about 3 days and once that happens you don't feel hungry at all.

They say you can lose up to a stone on the 28 day plan which is probably about right - I lost a stone in my first month.

It's not cheap but I definately think it's worth giving it a go

Hey all, We are getting a nice little group on the go now. Spud, definately try and cut to decaf, i read caffine can stop ketosis happening. Have you had any headaches or anything?
Covkirst, I've been on it for 3 weeks tomorrow and lost 10lbs so far (weigh in day tomo so fingers crossed a bit more although I have a confession!). The foods really nice (much better and more adventurous than I would ever cook myself!)
Ok, my confession, I stupidly thought on Saturday whilst out for dinner with the bf that one little pudding wouldn't hurt that badly, how wrong I could be! I chose a delicious big wedge of glorious sticky toffee pudding with baileys ice cream and scoffed the lot...never again! My belly almost instantly bloated and I got crippling belly aches on the way home and had to go to bed feeling awful! Lesson learnt, my belly does not like carbohydrates. I used to get bother with sore bellies quite a lot and I hadn't really noticed the fact that I havn't had one in a couple of weeks, so it must be something to do with the carbohydrates or the flour or something. Was awful. I'm hoping that I won't have wrecked it, back on the straight and narrow now! Xx

Well, despite my slip up I have managed to lose another 2lbs this week. Need to totally be strict this week so I can make it to the stone in a month.
My black trousers that I bought from primark are definately a little bit looser around the band, still no comments but sure they will come soon. I'm sure I can notice my all-in-one chin/neck changing slightly. I went out for a walk last night and felt I was a lot less out of breath (I was still panting and sweating but sure it was better that a couple of weeks ago :)) Xx

Hello all :D Didn't realise this thread was tucked away here. Last time I posted (as Credenhill) I was the only one doing Go Lower. Needless to say, Christmas kind of got in the way haha!

Well done on the loss bigbum :D

Hey Caroline, Thanks, I'm over the moon. Are you still doing Go Lower? There was no way was I committing to anything until xmas was well out the way. I'm just waiting on my next delivery that will have some new meals to try so can't wait. Xx

Yep still doing Go Lower, although struggle at the weekends due to mother and other social commitments - I can't exactly turn mother's cooking down so try and be careful.

What new food you getting?

I think there is a sausage casserole, a beef in thyme gravy & coq au vin. Maybe some others, I'm so excited for the beef, going to have it like a roast dinner with celeriac mash and broccoli! Yum!
I would struggle if mum was cooking for me, I manage ok when I go out though because I can just ask for no potatoes or rice etc, at least is not infront of me. Xx

well im goin to get a weeks trial of weight to go an a week of go lower an see how i get on.i think im gonna try go lower after tho cuz weight to go has lots of shakes.well done on ur weight loss so far bigbum.look forward 2 lettin u all know how i get on.ive already lost 5lb with diet chef but i wanted a diet that puts u into ketosis cuz im so hungry at the mo.do u come out of ketosis if u eat somethin off plan??how long does it take to get bk in to ketosis?

Hey, Thankyou, I'm feeling really good and still full of enthusiasm which is very unlike me.
I definately couldn't handle shakes again! Makes you feel too much like you are on a diet I think and they are really full of artificial sweeteners.
I cheated on Saturday and definately came out of ketosis cause I was hungry on Sunday, I had a bit of a headache on Sunday night/Monday morning so I got back into ketosis quite quickly. I read somewhere that if you repeatadly come in and out it gets harder to get back in each time so I'm not cheating again. I did have eggs for breakfast on Sunday and Monday to help get me back in as quick as possible.
Look forward to hearing how you get on. Xx

I considered weight to go but was put off by the shakes. I want to keep my food as natural as possible as that is how I plan to maintain - all good home cooking.

Keen to see how you like it and how well you do :D I also like the ketosis angle - imho, it protects muscle which is kind of important.

Bigbum - glad you are back in ketosis. I'm not sure whether it's true about being harder to get back into - having been a terrible ketosis yoyo in the past I don't seem to find it any harder now then it was at first. Technically speaking, the body stores the same amount of available sugar in the form of glycogen whether you yoyo or not - once the glycogen has gone, then ketosis should happen regardless given that there are few readily available sugars in the diet. Would be curious to see if others have the same experience.

Hey

Ive just join the forum and looking for some other golower peeps. I have just signed up today to a 12 week plan and my goal is 2 stone. My first delivery wont be here till Monday so not starting till Tuesday but need to do my shopping this weekend, can someone please tell me what I need to buy fruit, veg, milk? And how much? I think i start with a 4 week detox. Cant wait to get started, i had a trail pack and the meals was really nice, not what i expected at all...
H x

well u have all convinced 2 try go lower.im gonna get the weeks trial pack then buy the 28 day plan or sign up to a programme after.i have bout 2 to 2 an half stone to lose.i suppose it doesnt matter if u have less than 1000 calories cuz u are in ketosis an it will eat the fat an not muscle.is that rite??? sorry for all the questions,jus tryin to get as much info as poss.will let u all know wen i start.

Back