Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Monday 16th September - green day

B- low fat natural yoghurt with apple, banana, pear, 28g museli (HB)
D- 113g tuna (HB), sweetcorn, pasta and salad
T- SW chips and beans
Snacks- 3 mini baby bel lights (HA), skimmed milk in tea (HA), apple

Exercise: walking and body balance class :)
Syns: 2 tablespoons of heinz light salad cream (4 syns)

I think you have jumped ahead a month!! LOL

One of the best thing about SW is everyday is the chance to start afresh.
Have your guests gone?

I have had quite the naughty holiday week but now I am on a mission to get to the bottom end of my target range before my next holiday in october.

So I have started a diary too and had one good day already !!!

Teresa

Hi Teresa

Good luck with your new week, its mad how the weeks roll by and soon it will be October, so you're doing well to get back on plan now. I think I must have September in my mind and that must be why I've posted a menu for Sept 16th!! Will change that now :)

Yes my guests have gone now and I'm back to work. I'm really hope to have stayed the same for the weigh in tomorrow. I wasnt thinking straight with what I'd planned yesterday as I didnt have half the things in the house to prepare my meals! So I'll write up a menu of what I actually have.

Well done again on your good day back on track, the first day I find is the hardest :)

Monday 16th August - green day:

B- l/f natural yog, 28g museli (HB), milk in tea (HA), apple, pear
D- jacket, beans, large salad, highlights hot choc (2syns)
T- omlette, 3 mini-baby bels (HA), peppers, onions, will probably use the other HB for a snack

Walking/Body balance class :)

Looks good. I have a freddo in my bag for a special synned snack later on today !! I am trying to change the way i use my syns, i often waste a lot by nibbling at kiddie leftovers and theh saying that is 10 syns gone. So I am now banning unmeasured guessing syns and planning syns properly.

Teresa

Hi Teresa, I like the thinking measured syns is definitely the way to go :) I bet your freddo is much nicer than the childrens left over bits !

Sadly I didnt manage a day on plan again today. I managed half a day, but when I arrived home I ate and ate chocolate weetabix :( Not impressed with myself, I really am finding it hard to get back on track. I have since gone for a walk with the dog and will be off to a body balance class, but all the same feeling a bit rubbish that I've messed up especially since its weigh in day tomorrow.

Sorry to hear your day fell apart do you think perhaps chocolate weetabix are just too yummy for you to have in? I rarely eat cereal anymore as i find it too easy to over eat once i start.

My freddo was so good but i was shocked how many times i nearly licked the spoon/ had a bite etc of kiddo stuff BUT made myself stop! this may be quite the learning experience.

Good luck with wi

Teresa

Hi Teresa

Oh definitely choc weetabix are too yummy. I feel so much better and in control not having cereal and its not like I'm cutting out a whole food group or anything, plus I can have porridge and still stay in control.

Well done for your spoon training, its great to notice what you are doing and realise when you are spoon-licking (every little helps!).

I managed to gain 1 pound today but feeling positive, so onwards and downwards :) x

Glad you are feeling opomistic and let's get that pesky pound and one or two of it's friends off by next week.

I am sure I will show a gain tomorrow too altough i have been perfect for 3 days :)

Have you ever read a book called potatoes not prozac it is very interesting about sugar and carb addiction. Very interesting read.

Have a fab day tomorrow

Teresa

Hi Teresa

I think I might have ready that one I'm not too sure, I remember reading one where you ate a small potato before bed (!!), that may have been one about sugar addiction. There are a couple of Lee Jangoly, that I think are really good.... all about having trigger foods and the liberation of avoiding them :) I'll find out the titles later.

No food diary for the last couple of days as I was on a course, managed a small swim yesterday :D

Here's today menu:
B- 3 ryvita (nearly HB), banana and cinnamon
D- big cheese layered salad (HA+ 2syns for light salad cream)
T- SW chips,
Snack- 2 nectarines, few grapes, milk in 2 cups of tea (1/2 a HA), 1 small reeses cup (2.5syns), 1/2 pack of aldi rice cakes (2.5syns). Strawberry Cornetto Enigma (8.5syns)

HB still to use - woo hoo :D

Syns Total: 15.5 syns
Exercise: 30mins walk, 1 body balance class

Last edited:
Friday 20th Aug - green day

B- yog, 3 walnuts halves (1/2HB), milk in tea (HA), teaspoon of honey (1syn)

D- frittata with cheese (HA), onion, sweetcorn and cottage cheese, tom, cu

T- not too sure yet, I fancy a stir fry with courgettes, carrots, noodles, onion, garlic, ginger, peppers

Hubby has bought some crabbies ginger beer (13syns) and cornetto enigma (8.5syns), so I've had one of each and will adjust the rest of the weekends syns to accomodate.

snacks: nectarine, pear, apple, yog, honey (1tsp, 1syn), walnuts (rest of HB)

Syns total=23.5
Exercise= 30mins walk

Last edited:
Saturday 21st August- hopefully extra easy

B-porridge (HB, HA), apple, cinnamon
D-salmon salad, yog
T-smoked mackerel (1.5syns), jacket potato, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, probably a tescos own magnum style choc ice thingy (9.5syns)
Snack -banana, yog, honey (1syn), 2 walnut halves (2syns)

Total syns= 14
Exercise= 25mins walk, 16 lengths swim, body balance class :)

Also I've now had, vff fromage frais, quark, strawberries, highlights hot choc (2syns), meringu nest (2.5syns)....so total syns 18.5syns.

Last edited:
Mmmm after weekend indulgences so far, I need to keep syns to 3syns for tomorrow.... need to get thinking !

Ok, so today I'm not reducing my syns to just 3..... I know myself far too well and if I do that I'm 10x more likely to think sod it and end up eating much much more! I've done a fair bit of exercise today so I think I should be ok (aiming for no more than 15syns)

Sunday 22nd August:
B- porridge (HA HB), apple
D- jacket, beans, salad, highlights hot choc (4syns), quark, vff fromage frais, strawberries, cornetto enigma (8.5syns)
T- fish pie and peas
snack- banana

Exercise: 1hour 30mins walk, 1 body balance class :)

I think not reducing your syns to 3 is the right thing to do. I have been thinking of reducing mine down today but then realised if i did that after yesterday i would go right off the rails.

So today may even have the full 15 (how wicked is that? )

But i have also done an 18 k bike ride and a 5 k run.

Wow - get you! I think you definitely have earnt those full 15 !!!! I cant wait to have another go at running.... following a knee problem, my physio has finally said that I can do some controlled running on a treadmill. I've not been on a treadmill in years as I've always run outside, but if its treadmill to start with then thats what it must be. You feeling over the sugar hangover now after your bike/run ?

Well I've messed up my extra easy day as I forgot I'd already had my HA choice for breakfast - ggrrrrrr. So on top of the 12.5 syns already mentioned, I also have 6syns for cheese in my fish pie, 5syns for aldi rice cakes, another ice cream 8.5syns and 3 walnut halves - :( :( :(

Hi Teresa,
Thanks for your post, I'm getting there !! Hows it going with you ?

I weighed in and managed to lose a pound (which is quite a mean feat considering the amount of cornflakes in my tummy!). Yesterday was much better although still not fully on plan as we went out for food in the evening. Today, should be the day I am actually back on plan properly. Still really busy as its getting closer to month end, but I'm planning more which is good!

B- yog, walnuts (HB), milk in tea (HA)
D- punnet of strawberries, blackberries, apple yog, 3 mini baby bel lights (HA)
T- ryvita (HB), banana, cinnamon, small green and blacks bar (4 or 5 syns)

Have planned to eat tea in the car while waiting for hubby to finish work.

......so I can get to body balance by 18.00 pm !!

Back