Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Lemon chiffon cheesecake was fiddly and needs to set over night !!
but looks good, will post the recipe tomorrow if it gets the hubby seal of approval. (the unset version tastes yummy) the best part of making sw friendly cakes is licking the bowl guilt free! next week I shall make mississippi mud pie if this goes well !!

Oh fingers crossed for the setting :) Mississippi mud pie sounds even better mmmmmmmm !!!

Well today went well, so I'm going to do some planning for tomorrow:

B-melon, followed by quorn sausages and beans.

D-probably at a coutry show so not totally sure what will be available, I'm going to allow both HA choices for some tasters of cheese.

T-Either some homemade veg soup (1.5syns) or tesco pasta n sauce with loads of broccoli (1syn)

snacks- banana, kiwi

Mmmmm today was a bit mixed, good bits and not so good bits...... started off well and went a bit pear shaped after an ice cream:

B-yog and stewed fruit (HB)
D- quorn sausages and veggie soup (1.5syns)
went to a show and had an ice-cream in a cone (syns!) and then went to a coffee shop on the way home, had low fat chocolate milk and a couple of mouthfuls of hubbys dessert (not so good),
T- not too hungry, we'd planned to make a curry (healthy one from scratch) but I had a few poppadoms and free mint sauce.
snacks - 28g cheese, 2 alpen lights (HA HB), 2 nectarines and a few strawberries.

Exercise - 1 hours walking.

Feel a bit mixed about todays eatings, not too good but I've tried to make up for it in the quantities of food I've had. Fingers crossed I've not undone the past few good days for weigh in tomorrow. We'll see, next week is a new week and tomorrow is a new day.

Tuesdays menu - 31st August

B-nectarines, strawberries and melon
snack- yog, apple, banana
D-3 pagen rolls (HB), cottage cheese, pickles and salad
T-homity pie (HA), possibly some baked beans

Not sure if tuesday will be green, but I'm thinking probably green so I can have another HA for skimmed milk and then a HB for some walnuts or dried apricots or something else yummy !

Well, I stayed the same, but funnily I'm feeling slimmer !

Todays menu:
B-nectarines, melon and strawberries
D-jacket potato and cottage cheese
T-2xhomity pie (HA, HA), broccoli and beans
snacks- 5 pagen krisprolls (HB+4syns), 200ml orange juice (3 syns ?)

Pretty glad I forgot to take my milk to work today and it meant I could have seconds of the homity pie :)

Last edited:
Bit of a funny day as I anticipated going out with friends for a cheese evening, nice social but not really a balanced meal by any means ! Basically I decided that I'd save both HA and HB for use for the cheese, had no cups of tea during the day either...... anyway to cut a long story short our friends didnt go, so hubby and I went out for a proper meal instead :) Plus we could go out later and that meant that I could go for a body balance class :D

B- nectarines, melon, strawberries

D- work lunch: wild rice and carrot salad, chickpeas, 1 mini quorn scotch egg (didnt like that, not worth whatever syns it was!), 1/3 of a quorn sausage roll (again not very nice and not worth the syns, but worth trying a small bit just so I know not to buy them), 2 crisps, banana, 1/3 of a wholemeal pitta (asda)

T-grilled pepper, onion, avocado, tabbouleh salad :D lush !
to start 1 slice of wholemeal bread (HB), to finish when we arrived home -6 walnut halves (HB), 1 cup of tea

Exercise: 25 mins dog walk, 20 mins jogging on treadmill, body balance class.
Total syns: Not sure at all, but think I'd be within 15 for the day

Last edited:
Thursday 2nd September

B-nectarines, strawbs, melon
snack- apple
D- pasta n sauce with broccoli, onion,leeks followed by a banana
T- not sure probably SW chips with garlic dip (vlf fromage frais, garlic). mixed seeds and nuts (23.5syns but will count this as 2xHB+11.5syns)
snack- milk in tea (HA), yog, fruit and nut alpen bar (5.5syns)

walk at lunch time, possibly a body balance class tonight :)

Last edited:
Yeah - I made it to body balance and managed 30mins walk today too. So todays menu turned out like this:

B-nectarines, strawbs, melon
snack- apple
D- pasta n sauce with broccoli, onion,leeks followed by a banana
T- SW chips with garlic dip. mixed seeds and nuts (2xHB+11.5syns)
snack- milk in tea (HA), yog, fruit and nut alpen bar (5.5syns), cocoa (HA+1syn)
Total syns:18 syns

Friday 3rd September:

B-yog, apple, banana
D-jacket potato and beans, alpen light bar in yog (3syns)
T-pasta n sauce, broccoli, leeks, onion, vlf fromage frais, parsley, garlic, possibly some cheese (42g low low cheese HA), quorn lemon and pepper quorn fillet (7syns) and a raspberry del monte lolly (5syns)
Snacks- alpen lights x5 (2xHB), milk in tea (HA)

Exercise- walking :)
Syns- 15 :)

Last edited:
Saturday 4th September

B-apple and yog
D-sw chips, quorn burger or sausages and beans
T- north african chickpea curry (the recipe has 3 HBs worth of apricots and 2 HBs worth of oil or the other way around I cant remember, so thats 1xHB for 1/5th of the curry), brown rice.
snacks- banana, homemade oat cookies (all my syns and probably more, also counting HB for the oats as I've had at least 28g of oats), milk in tea (HA)

Sunday 5th
B- porridge, sultanas
After breakfast I had a mad frenzy of cleaning and baking ready for a charity tea. Many tasters and a great day done! Back on plan tomorrow :) Well this evening actually, just having my third peppermint tea !!!!

Nice to see you back. You're right I did manage my August goal, here's to Septembers now. I've managed not to weigh myself since last tuesday, which is quite an achievement! I'd say looking back I've managed to be on track from tuesday- 1/2 of saturday, not on track yesterday or today, so I dont think I'm in for a nice surprise for weigh in. But the discipline of not weighing and putting my faith in the plan alone has done me good and I feel better for it.

Monday:
porridge (HB)+ sultanas (2syns)
apple, banana, nectarines
jacket pot and north african chickpea curry (HB for oil/dried apricots)
quorn escalope (7syns), mashed potato and beans
chocolate (probably 2 lots of 28g), cup of tea (HA)

Actually had 75g chocolate :(

Thank you! Unfortunately I gained 1lb :(

Exactly, I know why it happened so I guess it wasnt really a big surprise. Worth it I guess as I did manage to raise lots of money hosting my charity tea, just a shame I had to eat plenty of the produce!

Todays not the best foodwise:
B-ryvita (HB), banana, cinnamon
snack- 2 nectarines
D-mashed potato and chickpea curry (HB)
T- rice pudding (HA, HA+ syns)

I'm not sure how many rice pud was, it was a slow cooker recipe with semi-skimmed milk, 30g sugar and pudding rice, just not sure quite how many portions this was as I wasnt feeling up to portioning it out when I came home from work, rubbish really). Been to the spa this evening so feeling a bit more positive now :)

Tomorrows menu (Wednesday -green day):
B- beans on toast (HB)
D- chickpea curry (HB) (I made alot of this but it is really nice so I dont mind having it again) and brown rice
T- mashed potato, griddled courgettes, sweetcorn and quorn sausages, bisto gravy (will look up the syns tomorrow)
snack- possibly yoghurt, fruit salad (mango, pineapple, passion fruit, kiwi, apple, orange, pear, red currants, grapefruit) mmmm looking forward to this :)

Back