Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Yeah for your weight loss. You are on track so now we need lots of great days for another 1 pound off.

Is there anyway you can add some more food to your meal plan today as except for a yogurt it is all superfree food and healthy extras. Could you add any veg anywhere? A tub of cottage cheeseor a tin of tuna with your tea?

Just don't want you hungry and looking for cereal after body balance.

have a great day

Teresa

Ah you know me too well (with cereal after body balance), I will need something afterwards and I do have some cooked veggies in the fridge that I could have with cottage cheese, I guess that might be a good plan.

Wow - I would love to try a tri !! Thats why I'm keen to get up and running again. How did it go and when is race day ? Hope it went well.

I didnt make it to body balance, its the first one I've not made it to. I've had a really stressful day and it was probably going to do me good to go but I really couldnt handle rushing around this evening.

The days plan was ok but my green and blacks was a bigger bar than the 4syns one.

B-yog, honey, walnuts (HB)
D-yog, strawberries, blackberries, apple
snacks- apple, 3 mini baby bel lights (HA), milk in tea (HA), banana
T- large veggie omlette with more cheese for my HB... very nice :)
snacks- green and blacks (9syns), cornetto enigma (8.5syns)

Exercise -none.

It could have been so much worse !!!

well tri training went surprisingly well. I am a rubbish nervous slow swimmer, an ok biker and a good but slow runner.

As i needed to test out my trisuit (a swimming costume with legs!!) I wanted to try all 3 events in my outfit but hubby quite cleverly had tidied away my bike lock (he claims it is in plain sight!) so I had to be creative.

I drove to the swimming pool then without getting changed or dried put on my socks and shoes and a running fleece and drove home, ran to garage unlocked garage and got bike out, rode 11.2 miles soaking wet then bike back in garage and whipped off top and felt very exposed running around derby in just my trisuit but everything worked and I managed all the distances in a not too embarassing time.

Until i was in my mid 30s i barely ever exercised but once i started running i have really never stopped since then and have alwasy fancied a tri so will do my first on in 2 and 1/2 weeks.

Sounds like you made some good food choices today even if your choc bar was bigger than you thought you did not use that as an excuse to go crazy. I keep saying i will treat myself to some mini bars but then always wimp out at the shop cos of the price. but you have prompted me to add it to my present wish list that I am developing for my hubby as he claims i am too hard to buy pressies for.

Hope you have a good thursday,

Teresa

Glad you managed to work out your swim, cycle, run even with obstacles :) Have you managed many outdoor swims ?

Today went well, until I came home from work..... I'm keeping calm though and not prepared to go any more off the rails than I already have. Here goes:

B-yog, walnuts (HB), honey (1 syn)
D- jacket potato and beans, strawberries
Snacks- milk in tea (HA), apple
T- courgette tart (13 syns per portion, but I had two)= 26syns +HA, cornetto enigma (8.5syns), these have all gone now and hubby is being instructed not to buy any more. More yog, honey (1syn) and walnuts (HB).

So, not good but to be honest probably better than the cereal episodes last week. I'm struggling at the moment as I have a really stressful time in work coming to the end of the month and its coming up to my time of the month (both of these make me hungry for the wrong things). Looking forward to the bank hols weekend where I will have more time for preparing nice healthy things to eat.

I know having the same thing for both HBs isnt great, but I am very much addicted to walnuts with low fat greek honey :)

So, not great but also not beating myself up about it or indulging in any more syns this evening.

My tri is pool based, i am such a nervous rubbish swimmer no way I could swim outside :)

Sorry to hear your struggling.

Today has been a white knuckle day for me, I am still ok at the moment but I have been wanting to binge all day.

I have eaten plenty but just want sweets. I am also feeling a little stressed/nervous as tomorrow I am starting training as a SW consultant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So think that is making me want to turn to food to calm my nerves.

Good for you for acknowledging today has not been good but you are still in control.keep it that way try and keep busy this evening. Hope the weather cheers up for the weekend.

Teresa
Teresa

Oh wow, wow, wow, that is so exciting that you are starting SW training tomorrow :) Seriously that is very exciting. I really appreciate your advice and you keeping an eye on me and I'm sure you'll be a great consultant and help many more people too!

Oh I like the idea of a pool based Triathlon, at least that eliminates the unknown in terms of the water side of things and you can practice in the conditions you know you'll race in.

Well done for not binging on sweets, thats an achievement when you've had a stressful day. I managed to go to a body balance class which has turned my evening around nicely ! Here's to some good weather tomorrow, all the best for your training, I bet its going to be very interesting,
take care :)

Friday 27th August - extra easy
B- 28g porridge, 350ml skimmed milk (HA, HB)
D- jacket potato and beans, strawberries, l/f greek yog,
snacks- banana, kiwis
T- fish finger sandwich (6syns+ more for the bread as it was from a large loaf not small! wholemeal though :))

Hi was the fish finger sandwich good? I have never had one, i like the idea but try to avoid bread as it aggravates my rosacea.

I had an amazing day today. Training was incredible and all the food in the restaurant is SW friendly and anything with syns is synned for you.

I had sweet potato and spinach curry with rice and lemon chiffon cake (a huge slice for 1.5 syns) But there were loads of choices of main courses and all the recipes on display. I can't wait to go back tomorrow !!

Oh wow you're there tomorrow too, sounds like it was great! Especially the restaurant too. Is it near to you in Derby ? I hope it all goes well.

The fish finger sandwich was lovely, not something I'd have too often. I think bread is one of the addictive foods for me so I think its best I dont have it too often either. Have you tried the Avene range for rosecea, my mum uses it and its one of the only things that has helped her.

That reminds me, I have a recipe for a slow cooker curry (BNS and chickpea I think) will have to dig it out. I do love my slow cooker :)

All the best for tomorrow !

Saturday 28th August - green day

B- porridge ? or yog, walnuts and honey ? -either way thats a HB taken care of
D- sw chips, beans and cheese :)
T- 8 bean veggie chilli and brown rice
snacks- banana, kiwi

Exercise 1hour 30mins walk, body balance, painting !

Yes it is just half an hour away from home at SW headquarters.

I love my slow cooker too and i am using it a lot to make stews/soups for my hubby to take to work since i put him on SW. :) he lost 4.5 pounds this week just since monday but is now away for the weekend so may be a fresh start for him on monday.

I used to use aveeno products all the time when i was in amaerica as they ahd an anti redness range but they do not seem to have the same stuff here but maybe i should check it out again.

Besides being bad for my skin bread is also a trigger food for me, especially if i have access to real butter like i do at one fo my jobs (luckily the one i am giving up soon) she keeps it on the counter next to the bread board with home baked bread so it is soft and spreadable.

My binge trigger foods are
bread
sweetened cereal
butter
peanut butter
cake batter
nutella

choc i can only eat in premeasured portions and it is best if i go and buy one bar rather than have it in the house.

Not that i avoid these things all the time but being aware of them can help me stop reaching for them sometimes. I rarely have most of them in the house but they always have some of them at work. esp peanut butter, which can send me off on a downward spiral just by opening the jar lid.

We do have the same trigger foods and I'm trying with alot of it not to have it in the house. Unfortunately the cereals extend to non-sugary ones for me, so when we had cornflakes in the house from family coming to stay, thats when I had the last cereal binge. The other thing on my list would be dates and sultanas, again healthy things but not in the amounts I'd eat them in. Have you read any books by Lee Janogly, the one is called 'Only fat people eat breakfast' and really explains how to free yourself from trigger foods by avoiding them :) Its definitely worth a read!

I've found the syn value of my bread last night was 5.5syns per slice, I had two this morning and now the loaf is going in the freezer. It is wholemeal though so I'm counting this as a healthy B choice and 5syns. So my breakfast has cost quite alot as I also had 15g of utterly butterly.... nevermind though as I have the rest of the day to even this out and the rest of the day is planned for me :) Also I have my HA choices still intact for the rest of the day!

Here's the menu for today:
B- 2 hovis wholemeal slices (HB+5syns), utterly butterly (15g=4syns), 2 eggs.
D- SW chips, beans and 28g cheese (HA), followed by 6 walnut halves (HB) on light greek yog with honey (1syn)
T- 8 bean veggie chilli+ brown rice. Brown rice with yog, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweetener
snacks- banana, milk in tea (HA), apple betty (4syns)

Exercise:30mins walk
Total syns:14 :)

Last edited:
As i finished my binge list last night i thought about raisins and dates, On ww i could never do the medjool dates as i would eat the whole pkt on the way home from the supermarket !! So yes we have the same triggers.

Your days plan looks good. I learnt something at SW training today that i never knew. The goal is actually to get you to know your free foods and healthy extras and not have to right anything down at all just keep tab of your syns each day to free you from obsessiveness (sp) this was so freeing to here as I had always thought writing a food diary was for life.

I will carry on writing mine on here for a few more weeks and then start to wean myself off of it.

Hope the rest of your day was good.

I have some recipes to share with you another day (missisippi mud pie and lemon chiffon cheesecake)

Teresa

Oh wow the recipes sound yummy ! I'm sorry to hear you had a binge last night, hope you are back on track today. Sounds very interesting, I would love to learn about the behind the scenes of being a SW consultant. I think you really need to know your healthy extras well and have a good memory as its very easy to 'forget' that you've already had an A or B choice earlier in the day! How many more days of training do you have Teresa ? Hope it went well today :)

You misread it LOL I was writing my binge list(my binge trigger list) last night LOL not i had a binge last night LOL.

I have to go to a group and observe several times but my next training is not until after my first group has started YIKES which is not till oct 27th then have 2 days in nov then can add extra trainign days whenever i feel the need. As the food is good and HQ is close i may end up very well trained !! I have learned loads in the last two days. The main thing being to really not be afraid of filling up on free foods. It is all fascinating.

Ha ha - even better that I misread and you didnt have a binge - LOL !! Sorry, I need to read with my eyes open!

How exciting that you'll start in October :) Hey why not make the most of headquaters being close by and if the food is good (and all synned for you) what a bonus !!

So, believe in the free food is the take-home message then...... I'm believing :)

Sunday 29th August

B-porridge, skimmed milk (HB, HA), apple, cinnamon

D- 8 bean chilli and brown rice, remaining rice mixed with yog for a pudding (+15g sultanas=2syns)

T- hopefully making a slow cooked veggie soup. So thats what I'll be having (1.5syns), 198g stewed apple and blackberries (HB), yog

Snacks- banana, 4 slices of apple betty (8syns), 3 mini baby bel lights (HA)

Exercise - body balance class :) and 1hour 45mins walking
Total syns -11.5 syns

Last edited:
Back