Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Welcome back!! Sounds as though you've had an amazing holiday and done a fantastic job of sticking more or less to plan. Really well done, I hope you're rewarded on tuesday. Good to have you back x

Thanks for the welcome back Beegee ! Keeping everything crossed for tomorrow, if its a loss then it'll be the fourth in a row :)

Here's today: Green

B-blackcurrants (s), blackberries (s), 28g oats (HB), l/f greek yog (1syn)

D-quorn bolognese -quorn mince, carrots, onion, celery, chopped toms (all speedy) (1.5syns). Jacket potato. Melon (ss)

snacks-nectarine (s), apple (s), banana, milk in tea (HA)

T-toast (HB) with 28g cheese (HA), 3 scrambled eggs with 10g utterly butterly (1.5syns or 2). Baked beans (ss)

pud-vlf fromage frais, 11g highlights hot choc (2syns)

syns - 6 or 6.5
exercise - 55mins walking, 60mins aerobics

Grrrrr time of month arrived last night. This morning is showing a 2lb gain on yesterday morning (when I was 11 7!!) - how annoying ! Weigh in tonight.

yesterdays update on syns....yog 1, bolognese 1.5, utterly butterly 2, highlights hot choc 2 = 6.5

Here's todays menu:
B-blackcurrants (s), blackberries (s), 28g oats (HB), yog (1 syn)
D-chickpea curry (lots of speedies), cherry toms (s), celery (s)..... mixed fruit salad (mostly pineapple (s))
T-1 aldi type ryvita (1.5syns), 28g cheese (part HA)
snacks-2 apples (s), banana, milk in tea (HA), 1 weetabix (3.5syns)
snack- HiFi (HB), vlf fromage frais with swiss choc flavoured coffee :) , 1 chocolate eclaire sweet (2syns), tesco individual strawberry cheesecake (12.5syns)

Total syns 20.5
exercise 10mins walking-busy day, not so much time today.

Last edited:
I maintained at weigh in tonight, which is great but I'd hoped for at least a 1/2lb loss since I've put in alot of effort in terms of upping my activity and sticking well within syns. BUT lets not forget I also had a fab holiday so I'm happy to take the maintain on the chin :)

I've pledged 3lb loss for next week. Ambitious but I feel there's a hidden loss somewhere this week....... I hope I'm right - he he !!!

Off to update todays foodies now.

My meal ideas for this week:
h/m tom soup (free) with griddled pitta (HB)
quorn bolognese (1.5syns)
chickpea curry (free)
pasta n sauce with extra green veggies (1/2syn)
veggie stir fry with some kind of sauce (3syns), possibly with prawns on an EE day
orzo pasta salad with pesto (3syns max)
bombay potatoes with something! (2syns)
Superspicy tom and lentil soup with griddled pitta (HB)

Last edited:
Good result to sts Gobolino - blooming hormones are hindering you there I think. Hopefully you'll see the benefit next week. Remember though - you've still gone 4 weeks without a gain which is fantastic!

I think maintaining after a holiday is amazing work. Often just being in a different routine can make your body cling to weight (I find). I am sure that now youre back to normality there will be a hidden loss which will make itself known next week :)

Thanks Beegee! Thanks PCSuey! :) Very true, being out of routine can make the weight cling and yes indeedy I havent gained so I'm very proud of that..... very proud indeed as its a great achievement for me :)

Wednesday 21st September
Breakfast
Blackberries (s), blackcurrants (s), vlf fromage frais

Dinner

Super spicy tom soup (with chopped toms (s), peppers (s), red lentils (s), celery (s), carrot (s), garlic, chilli (s)), wholemeal pitta (HB). Pineapple (s)

Tea

Chickpea curry and sw wedges (free free free J ). VLF fromage frais with 11g highlights hot choc (2syns). Followed by a milky coffee with the rest of HA No1 and 100ml of HA No2.

Snacks
Apples (s), Clementine (s), HiFi (HB), milk in tea (HA), 1/2 portion of bombay potatoes while cooking tea (1syn) !!

Syns-3 so far.
Exercise- 60mins yogacise & 35mins walking

Last edited:
Thursday 22nd September
Breakfast
Blackberries (s), blackcurrants (s), l/f greek yog (1syn), 28g oats (HB)

Dinner

Super spicy tom soup (with chopped toms (s), peppers (s), red lentils (s), celery (s), carrot (s), garlic, chilli (s)).

Snacks
Milk in tea (HA), Apples (s), Clementine (s), Ryvita minis from multipack (4syns), HiFi bar (HB). vlf fromage frais with coffee

Tea
Hmmmmmm not sure we are out for tea but hopefully it’ll be something free !!! EDIT- veggie curry, plain rice, chopped toms, onions, 1/4 of a plain naan bread (we went to a curry buffet...... no idea of the syns :( but will call it my days syns at least)

Pud
Hot milk with tsp of vanilla sugar (1syn)

Syns –5syns plus rest of days syns total.
Exercise – 40mins walking

Last edited:
Friday 23rd September
Breakfast
Blackberries (ss), blackcurrants (ss), vlf fromage frais, 28g oats (HB), splash of milk from HA

Dinner
Jacket potato with 21g superlight cheese and 3 laughing cow deli light (HA). Carrot sticks (s)

Tea
Veggie stir fry with noodles and blackbean sauce (3syns for half pack). Peppers (s), onion (s), carrots (s), beansprouts (s)

Snacks
1 scan bran (part HB), apples (s), HiFi (HB), milk in tea (HA), ryvita minis from multipack (4syns)

Feel that my menus this week have been a bit samey…. Probably has something to do with buying multipacks of apples at 19p and backs of carrots for 7p reduced in tesco J J J Anyway, I’m looking forward to some different fruit and veg over the weekend !

Ha ha ! Thanks Teresa Thanks Beegee, I've been trying to squash in the superfree BUT...... tonight we went out for happy hour cocktails :eek:

I tried to seek out the healthy option (( ha ha ha ))..... I had 3 black russians which were made with diet coke :) each one was 25ml kahula and 25ml vodka. I;ve come home and had some chickpea curry and bombay potatoes. Also had 1 chocolate elclaire (2syns).

I've had a good night and the alcohol doesnt happen very often. I have a busy body magic weekend which can also be low syn, so fingers crossed I can be on track...... will work out the syns of the beverages tomorrow am :)

Night all :8855:

Ooooh just realised tea wasnt as planned...... will need to eat the stir fry tomorrow. Tonight I had super spicy free tom soup with mini pasta :) Yummy and very filling so much so that I didnt need any nibblings at the pub!

Ooh cocktail night. How fantastic! Seems as though you made a very sensible choice and they sound delicious. I remember getting very hammered on cocktails in a bar in Kos once, they all had names like Mississippi Mud Pie and had a ton of Baileys in them. Gawd knows the syns in something like that, you did really well!

Oh Beegee the Baileys ones would be my favourite too. We didnt plan on a cocktail night but wanted to catch the last of the summer evenings for sitting outside and the place we went had a 2 for 1 offer :)

Anyway here's how yesterday panned out....
Friday 23rd September
Breakfast
Blackberries (ss), blackcurrants (ss), vlf fromage frais, 28g oats (HB), splash of milk from HA

Dinner
Jacket potato with 21g superlight cheese and 3 laughing cow deli light (HA). Carrot sticks (s)

Tea
Super spicy tom soup with mini pasta (free)

Snacks
2 scan bran (part HB + 1 syn), apples (s), HiFi (HB), milk in tea (1/2 HA not much time for tea!!!), ryvita minis from multipack (4syns)

While out I had 3 cocktails comprising of 75ml vodka (8.5syns), 75ml kahlua (9.5syns), diet coke and 1 choc eclaire (2syns)......... we walked there and back (30mins walk total) and at home I had a small cup of free chickpea curry :)

Total syns = 25syns

Saturday 24th - a red day:
Breakfast: oats (HB) + grated apple

snack: apple, milk in porridge and tea (HA)

Dinner: Salmon, stir fry veggies (peppers, onion, green beans, beansprouts), oyster and spring onion sauce (3syns). Melon for pud

Tea: Salmon (again!) this time its Thai Salmon with spices. Served with a large salad and sw potato wedges (HB 227g this is difficult to weigh as a raw weight as I'm cooking for myself and hubby, so I'll have to be weighing them after cooking)

snack:nectarine, vlf fromage frais with white choc options (4syns)

Exercise: 50mins walk, 90mins yoga class
Total syns: damn - its 7 syns already :(

Last edited:
Quick syns review:
weds 3, thurs 15, fri 25, sat 7, sun 6, mon ?, tues ?

(total so far =56)

Last edited:
Well woopeee I'm back to green...... I'm definitely more comfortable with green. On red or ee it always seems a hassle to remember things differently and work out what I've had A and B wise.

I've noticed again that I didnt have my full healthy A choice again yesterday..... this is very strange for me, I guess I'm not drinking as much tea. This means I could have more cheese :D:D:D

Here's today:

Sunday

Breakfast: melon (SS) followed by a veggie cooked breakfast (crushed potato with onion and roasted red pepper, baked beans and two fry-lighted eggs) (FREE)

Dinner: Cheese salad (HA 42g super light cheese) with lettuce, tom,cu, onion and carrot (FREE). Strawberries (SS) and Melon (SS)

Tea: 70g salmon (HB = 57g, so a bit more than a HB), sw wedges, peas (SS), broad beans (SS) and green beans (FREE).

Snack: coffee with Baileys - 1 x 25ml shot shared between 2 (2syns). Ryvita minis from multipack (HB =normal pack of ryvita minis, so a bit less than a HB). 1/2 a small banana, nectarine, apple.

Snack: vlf fromage frais (whole big pot!) with 22g options hot choc (4syns), 1 cup of tea (part HA)

Cinema: fruit pot strawbs, melon, pineapple, grapes
Snack when home: plain wholewheat pasta

Exercise - 60mins walk
Syns- 6

Last edited:
Off to the cinema later..... tempted to take melon and strawberries :) Packing in the super speed foods !!!

Back