Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Hi Teresa

Nice to 'see' you back, hope you had a great time. Back to it 100% now and you'll be fine :)

Here's my Friday: Extra Easy for a change!
B-5 scan bran (HB) and banana, muller greek low fat (4syns)
D-jacket potato and beans, beetroot and carrot sticks
T-Sake/Wasabi Prawns (Nigella recipe) with straight to wok fine thread noodles, large helping of salad leaves, spring onions....... argh just realised I didnt count the garlic oil used for this recipe :( damn it! synned everything else and thought I was doing very well!!! Mmmmm actually wondering if I could call this a green day and have my prawns as a HB and count syns for the oil.... mmm its as broad and it is long and its done now. Could have been much worse, I looked up the syns in hubbys pecan and maple magnum style lollys and they were 13.5syns, so I avoided those and went for a sorbet lolly at 4syns.
Snacks- milk in tea (HA), 1/2 apple, strawberries, red and black grapes

Here's my syns for Friday:
Noodles, Straight to Wok, Fine/Thread, ambient 1½ syns
mango indulgence (Sainsburys ice lolly)4 syns
2 tablespoons sake 2 syns
1/2 tablespoon wasabi 1 syns
Corner Greek Style Yogurt with Honeyed Apricot, Low Fat 4 syns
French Fancies, 1 5½ syns
Total Syns 18

Friday - 30mins walk

Here's Saturday:
B- banana, porridge with skimmed milk (HA/HB, will have the scan bran later), sultanas 10g =1.5syns
snacks-crepe (5 ?) with sprinkle of sugar (0.5syn) and fresh lemon juice,
snack - strawberries, licorice bar (5syns)
D- quinoa with baby courgettes, spring onions, onions, garlic and pepper, squeeze of lemon
snack - more strawberries
T- quorn sausages, garlicky mash !, peas, spinach and something else

walk- 40mins with dog, 2 hours around town, body balance

Last edited:
Oh I like the sound of the maple and pecan ice cream. Where was it from?

Hi Knitter,

The maple and pecan ice-cream lollies were Sainsbury's own, but beware, they are 13.5syns and didnt look particularly big either! Hubbies choice for himself !

Here's how the rest of saturday panned out:

Saturday 9th October - Green Day
B- banana, porridge with skimmed milk (HA/HB, will have the scan bran later), sultanas 10g =1.5syns
snacks-crepe (5.5 syns was for a lemon filled tesco one....I had a plain one so I'm counting 5syns.....oh this could have been so much worse as I love nutella and banana in a crepe or golden syrup) with sprinkle of sugar (0.5syn) and fresh lemon juice,
snack - strawberries, licorice bar (5syns)
D- quinoa with baby courgettes, spring onions, onions, garlic and pepper, squeeze of lemon
snack - more strawberries
T- 3 Cauldron sausages (1.5syns), garlicky mash !, sweetcorn, spinach and broccoli, sorbet lolly (4syns)
snack-fibre plus bar (HB)

Total- 17.5syns
walk- 70mins to class and with dog, 2 hours around town, body balance

Sunday 10th October - green day

B- cauldron sausages (1.5syns), potato and beans
Snack- apple, banana
D- veggie soup (turnip, sweede, carrot, bns, onion, potato, sweet potato, celery :) ) (2syns)
T- base of soup with mash on top then 42g low low (HA)
snacks- 3 fibre plus bars (HB HB 5.5syns)

pud - meringue (3syns), strawbs, yog, 1.5 glasses of wine (9syns)

exercise - 90mins walk, body balance :)

Grrrr - mini binge this evening. Cant think of any pattern or reason for this one (perhaps its the thought of weigh in on weds ?). Here's the confession:
1 licorice bar (5), 2 farleys rusks (7), 2 meringues (5.5), 19g hot choc highlights (3), with vlf fromage frais (free!)... couple of squirts of light aerosol cream (2), pack of ryvita minis (HB).

What a dumbo :( Not sure what to do now though because now I dont fancy a proper tea, maybe I'll be hungry later...... I wish I'd stuck to my original plan of getting some fibre plus bars on the way home, at least I could have had 3 of those as my HB HB and 5.5syns - damn it.

Also syns for the rest of the day: licorice bar (5) and soup (2), I have also had tonnes of veggies in my soup and plenty of fruit, so definitely a mixed up day.

Is it the monday blues, I have been hungry today too and overtired and feeling stressed ;-( I think it is amazing that you can actually stop bingeing and write it all down ! I think this is quite controlled, now to just stop the binges ... So hard as it is my worst fault too, all or nothing mentatlity.

I think if i was not starting my group in 2 weeks and one day I would of gone crazy today !

Don't deprive yourself if your hungry later just have the yummiest free thing you can have (a big bowl of syn free chips .... ) be kind to yourself

Teresa

I'm definitely tired, so it could be the Monday blues! I was walking with the dog after work and thought I could just go home and sleep the whole evening. But I havent! I've showered and dried my hair straight for a change and got ready for my balance class (at 9 !). Very good idea for Sw chips...I've just popped a few in the oven. Hope you stay strong for the rest of the evening too :) Your class must be a good motivator for you at the moment!

I ended up having about 4 new potatoes as SW chips, they were yummy and they were yummy!! I also dragged myself to body balance and felt much better for that too :)

I did have 3 crackers (3 more syns) at the end of my binge that I forgot to add to the list.

Thank you! So far today is going ok:

B- fruit salad (grapes, orange, apple, kiwi, pineapple), onken fat free strawb yog, 1 farleys rusk (3.5syns)
D- veggie soup (2 syns), fruit salad.
Snacks- banana, 2 packs of ryvita minis from a multipack (HB+2syns?), milk in tea and hoping to make a milky coffee in a flask for later (HA)
T- not sure yet.

Here's todays foodies:

Free Foods
sweetcorn/corn on the cob Onken, Fat Free Strawberry Biopot Yogurt, Light & Tasty
potatoes broccoli carrots onions swede turnip sweet potatoes apples bananas kiwi fruit oranges

Healthy Extras
a 350ml skimmed milk
a _______________________
b 30g bag Ryvita Minis, all varieties
b 1 Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar, 28g bar

Syns Syns spelt 2
soup syns 2
remainder of ryvita mini multipack 2
rusk 3½
2 meringues 5
Options, Wicked White Chocolate, dried 2

Total Syns16½

Really fancy another fibre plus bar, going to have a cup of tea instead, so hoping that will do the trick :)

I tried anisley harriott creamy vegetable spelt - this is gorgeous !!! Works out at 2 syns for the whole pack or 1 syn per serving. Really yummy and a nice change :)

Gained a pound today :( Yo-yoing again.....only one person can stop it! I'm not even back to the weight I was at the beginning of the year and I've been trying all year!

I'm slightly angry with myself as I seem to do alot of the right things (but I guess this is just enough to stop me gaining overall)..... I go to the gym between 3 and 5 times a week, I walk my dog everyday, I usually go for a walk at lunch time, I eat healthily, I take the stairs never the lift, I eat much more than my 5 a day, I have about a glass of wine twice a month, I never eat any of the goodies (sweets, chocs, cakes) that people bring in from their hols/birthday in work, when eating at the canteen I always have a free jacket and beans, we've not had a take-away in about 6 months instead we syn a Sainsburys one...... lots right I think, just not enough !

Last edited:
How frustrating for you. You are right you are doing loads right it is just that little extra push you need to get the scales moving.

I was actually thinking about you on my run this morning and thinking what I could say to encourage you. The thing i would suggest from your diaries is to rethink the way you think about meals and syns. Spend some time really thinking about what free foods you love and plan a handful of very filling evening meals you really love that include NO syns . Rethink your days so that syns are a teeny tiny part of your day then a the end of the day you may have some left for a treat aim for 5 to 10 then if you go over some days it is not damaging to your weight loss.

I hope that does not sound like your lecture as i struggle just as much as the next person but I know that weight loss every week is right there for you.

Don't focus on a weight loss goal this week focus on an action plan, fewer syns or more speed foods YOU CAN DO THIS

Thanks for your help Teresa, its hard to know what to suggest I know! I really appreciate your ideas. I think thats a good idea on concentrating on the free and speed foods and getting lots of variety in as that worked well for me last week and I felt much better about the plan too. I do need to plan the week, in fact I'll probably do this tonight.

I'm feeling a bit grumpy today, I was meant to have lunch with colleagues, but have had horrible heart burn this morning so I'm not going. Will have to pick up something from M+S now as I have no lunch with me. I'm not sure what I fancy to be honest.

found your diary:) how frustrating for you to have gained that 1lb when you are clearly doing the plan right, have you tried mixing everything up a bit? i havnt had a chance to read over your diary so sorry if your already doing this but when i get some peace later tonight ill come back for a proper read xx

Hi Jane - thanks for popping onto the diary thread. I'm still trying so thats the main thing! I'm going to concentrate on speed foods again, will possibly set myself a little challenge again. I think things start to go a bit wrong when I purely concentrate on the numbers on the scales.

Wednesday went all wobbly and I fell off plan, but today I'm back!

Here's todays menu:

B- scan bran (HB) and banana with cinnamon, muller greek low fat (3.5syns)
D- jacket and beans, salad of tom, cu, pepper, onion. Pineapple, mango and melon.
T- veggie stir fry with pasta n sauce (1/2syn) with 1/2 tbsp pesto (1.5syns) and 42g low low (HA), quark, vlf fromage frais, options hot choc (2syns) sprinkled with linwoods cocoa flaxseeds and berries (26g = HB)
snacks- cups of tea, milky coffee (HA)

Woop woop - I think today has gone better!
30 mins walking, body balance class

Total syns - 7.5syns

Last edited:
Tomorrows menu:

B- fruit and yog
D- veggie stir fry and quorn sausages (I think?)
T- SW chips, egg, beans, cheese (possibly some combination of this)
snack- mid am sweet potato and BNS soup

There are lots of cakes etc in work so I'm having the soup in a bid to keep full and not even give these a second look :)

step away from the cakes!! lol i hate it when temptation is staring you in the face it makes it sooooo hard doesnt it? maybe some sugar free mints or chewing gum will stop you from being tempted too much, hope you have a great day tomorrow x

Back