Going my own way - dieting with allergies and intollerances

So its Monday, its weigh in day, not till 12:30pm tho so i have an hour or so to kill.
I dont think ive lost anything, infact ive probably gained, ive had a really bad weekend, foodwise.
Nothing bad has happened activity wise ive been out walking and doing a lot more exercise than normal, but ive ate out twice for lunch and once for breakfast so not really great.
Im stressed and I suffer from anxiety, especially as I have an operation due at the end of this month and im convinced it is all going to go horribly wrong
Im not a positive person, I come across as one to people who think they know me only because I hide it so well.
I suffer with depression, I have done since the age of 9 but I refuse to take any tablets for it, I wont admit it to myself that maybe I need help of a stronger kind, I still hope I can do it all by myself.
I suffered quite badly with PostNatal Depression after my daughter was born 18 months ago and I think it is still there.
I'm anxious quite a lot of the time, it affects my sleep in the way that I dont sleep very deeply and if I do my dreams are frightening.

I think this all contributes to not being able to lose weight, I find comfort in food. Its where I have always found comfort when there havent been people around to help or support me from a young age.
I lost My Mum at the age of 16 and I dont think I have ever dealt with that properly because I just ate my way through it.

My life has meaning because I have a beautiful Daughter and a wonderful Husband, I need to do this for them as much as me. I dont want my Daughter to grow up without her Mummy like I had to.

So i'm finishing this post with a plea, to those who read this, please help me.
I need your strength to do this and become healthier because I dont have any myself.

Thanks for reading...

Am so sorry to hear you've been battling with depression and anxiety, I've had troubles with both at times and they can be so debilitating. I also comfort ate too and I must admit that I never wanted to take tablets either though I did once (I didn't get on with them at all - terrible side effects of nausea)

I did find CBT extremely helpful though, both with depression and the anxiety - have you ever considered some counselling of any kind? Most GP's can refer people for CBT and they will be seen in a few weeks, generally people only need 6 -12 sessions

I never beleived that it would be possible for me to lose weight - as food was my comfort i was sure that I would fail miserably at losing weight so I'm sure that if I can manage it you will be able to aswell

I found these two articles quite motivating

17 Arse kicking strategies to stick to your diet
How to establish new habits the easy way

Also I've been taking baby steps as far as getting into the new diet slowly - to begin with I had 2000 cals a day, and had a day off if there was a nice meal out on the cards

Also with exercise, I started by aiming for just 5 mins a day and instead of beating myself up when I didn't do it, just resolved to try harder

All the best, am sure you will be able to find what will work for you,
take care
x

Awww {{hugs}} hun, listen, never feel you have no strength or self belief, you come across as a lovely, caring woman, a good wife and mum..and i know just from reading, that you really want to do this..and i believe in you, that you wil succeed!!!

sorry to hear you have been having rough times in life, especially losing your mum, that must be so hard...but just you put a smile on that lovely face, think of all that is good in your life and remember that you are making life better each and every day hun.
If you ever want to chat offline, feel free to pn me anytime, i'm a good listener and a 'wise old owl' wih years of life experience hee hee :)

good luck lovey, with weigh in..fingers crossed, and no matter the result, come back and tell us..i'm sure it will be good news :)

I too suffer from anxiety hun and had no confidence or self belief for many years, but losing weight and keeping at it has really helped me!

Take care x

had a phone call at lunchtime for a viewing on our house (another thing to add to the stresses of life) so I spent 4 hours runing round like an idiot whilst trying to entertain an 18 month old for them to ring 15 minutes before they were due and cancel....I was not impressed!
Anyway I will reply to above comments tommorow, Weigh in was +2.5, makes sense tho due to the amount of alcohol and junk I ate at the weekend. Oh well onwards and downwards as they say :) xx

Reaching out and asking for support on here is a good place to start. It's sometimes easier to do that with online people you've never met than the people around you in daily life.

Just accept that it isn't all going to happen overnight. When I started it really was a case of one day at a time and in the beginning I just aimed for one perfect day a week, then as time moved along I kept adding in more perfect days.

Even if you just eat healthier/higher quality foods you will feel an improvement in your moods and life. Foods do affect your mood, so try eating as much fresh/unprocessed stuff as you can and making things from scratch when you can.

The most important battle to win is retraining your thought processes so that you don't automatically reach for food when you're happy/sad/down. You need to do something for 21 continuous days for new habits to start forming in your brain.

You can do this and we'll be here to listen and pick you up if you stumble once in a while.

have you ever considered some counselling of any kind? Most GP's can refer people for CBT and they will be seen in a few weeks, generally people only need 6 -12 sessions

x
Hey Blossums thanks for the comment, Yes I had counselling through referal from my GP after having my little girl, but they gave me half an hour on the phone every fortnight, not a lot really and I didnt feel it did anything, when I went back and asked the GP for something different the response was "Well the counsellor on the phone you had signed you off as "mentally well" so it would be a while before they could ever do anything with you again. How ridiculous is that.

Took it as a compliment that I was "mentally sane" though hehe.

Awww {{hugs}} hun, listen, never feel you have no strength or self belief, you come across as a lovely, caring woman, a good wife and mum..and i know just from reading, that you really want to do this..and i believe in you, that you wil succeed!!!

sorry to hear you have been having rough times in life, especially losing your mum, that must be so hard...but just you put a smile on that lovely face, think of all that is good in your life and remember that you are making life better each and every day hun.
If you ever want to chat offline, feel free to pn me anytime, i'm a good listener and a 'wise old owl' wih years of life experience hee hee :)

good luck lovey, with weigh in..fingers crossed, and no matter the result, come back and tell us..i'm sure it will be good news :)

I too suffer from anxiety hun and had no confidence or self belief for many years, but losing weight and keeping at it has really helped me!

Take care x

Thanks RR for the positivity and kind words, it is really helpful :)

Im heading off to the gym today, my in-laws are babysitting for an hour so I can have some me-time but also work off some of this anxiety, Exercise is supposed to be one of the best ways to do it. x

Reaching out and asking for support on here is a good place to start. It's sometimes easier to do that with online people you've never met than the people around you in daily life.

Just accept that it isn't all going to happen overnight. When I started it really was a case of one day at a time and in the beginning I just aimed for one perfect day a week, then as time moved along I kept adding in more perfect days.

Even if you just eat healthier/higher quality foods you will feel an improvement in your moods and life. Foods do affect your mood, so try eating as much fresh/unprocessed stuff as you can and making things from scratch when you can.

The most important battle to win is retraining your thought processes so that you don't automatically reach for food when you're happy/sad/down. You need to do something for 21 continuous days for new habits to start forming in your brain.

You can do this and we'll be here to listen and pick you up if you stumble once in a while.

I agree with you there, I have often found "online" friends and support a lot better than what I would get from my social circle in "real life" lol.

thank you for your kind words and support, its nice to know i'm not alone. today is a positive day and I hope it stays that way :) I will pinch your idea of one perfect day a week if you dont mind :) x

Food Diary for Monday 3rd October

Breakfast - Tuna Sandwich
Lunch - Oxtail Soup, Plum, Apple
Dinner - Chicken Fried Rice

Drinks and snacks - Water and no snacks apart from fruit mentioned above.

Not a lot eaten yesterday and what was wasnt exactly bad but could have been better.
Hubby makes me sandwiches every night for the next day for lunch when he makes his for work, we had no bread left for toast in the morning and no oat milk in for cereal so i ate the sandwiches lol.

Off to the gym now, then food shopping for "healthy goodies" then home for another viewing, hope these ones turn up!
Being good so far today, Oats and More cereal with Oat Milk for Breakfast, Havent decided on lunch yet.

hope today is a good one hun, you are sounding more positive about everything, but grrr to potential buyers cancelling at last minute..some people!!!! eh?
Tranquility is right, you will be surprised how quickly the new lifestyle becomes a habit and your body and mind adjust to it..keep going! Pleased you are having some me time..enjoy the gym! :)

Had a very busy afternoon, i havent stopped!
Went to the gym and did 5 min warm up on the recline bike, then 10 min power walk on treadmill, then 10 min on the upright bike, then 5 min powerstride on the crosstrainer. I only did 30 minutes but its more than ive done at the gym in 2 months due to ill health, so I feel a lot more postive.
Ive taken my 3 Xenical Pills today, ive eaten less fat and watched what ive eaten and ive drank more water.

The reason I decided to take on the Xenical tablets regime, was mainly due to last week and not having the self motivation to say no to naughty foods. At least now I can threaten myself with the consequences if I have too much fat.
Ive been to ASDA and bought lots of lovely fruit, veg and low in fat products. No Crisps, biscuits, cake or alchohol. Go me :)

Just hope I can stick to this, as its that time of the month coming up and thats no fun for me and usually means takeaways and alcohol. So instead i'm going to "treat" myself, everytime I dont have a takeaway or a bottle of booze or a cake, im going to add it to a virtual basket and at the end of the week or month see how much ive saved and treat myself to something nice like a new item of clothing or a dvd. I think then i can have things to look forward to.
I have 22days until my Operation, and then after that Hubby will be in charge of my healty eating as he will be cooking as i'll be on bed rest. Will have to give him a few tips beforehand!

Thanks again for all the postivity on here, I has really helped me today :)

Doind 30 minutes in the gymn must feel really good if you've not been able to do that for a while with ill health

I haven't really heard of xenical so will be interested to hear how you get on with them, sounds like you've planned well by getting healthy shopping in

All the best
x

Doind 30 minutes in the gymn must feel really good if you've not been able to do that for a while with ill health

I haven't really heard of xenical so will be interested to hear how you get on with them, sounds like you've planned well by getting healthy shopping in

All the best
x

Blossoms, Xenical is the same as the pills you can get from the chemist, i think they are called "Alli" in the shops. But these were prescribed by my GP and are a stronger dosage than the ones in the chemist.
They are supposed to absorb and get rid of 30% of your fat intake. If you eat too much fat in your diet it wont be much fun toilet wise if you get what I mean.
So low fat is a must for it to work and for you not to have any accidents! I started them yesterday, so Next Monday will tell me if they have worked at all or not.

Hope you are well x

Tuesday 4th October Food Diary

Breakfast - Oats n More cereal with Oatly
Lunch - Packet of Steamed rice and vegetables.
dinner - Wholegrain Rice and homemade Chilli Con Carne, with Extra Lean Mince.
Snacks - Apple, Nectarine slices and some Melon.
Drinks - Water.

Much better day :)

Hello, how are you today? Very impressive gym workout..go girl!!! :)

I've probably already told you, but i took xenical a couple of years ago, they do work if taken correctly and sensibly..good luck, the first week is always a good result..woohoo :D

have a good day :)

Hello, how are you today? Very impressive gym workout..go girl!!! :)

I've probably already told you, but i took xenical a couple of years ago, they do work if taken correctly and sensibly..good luck, the first week is always a good result..woohoo :D

have a good day :)

Thanks RR, you did mention it and i'm pleased they worked for you. I'm taking 3 a day one at every meal time and trying to do at least 30 min of exercise a day too. Also trying to up my water intake and green tea. I dont drink juice or fizzy drinks because of my intollerances but will have a black decaf tea or coffee every now and again.

Did they help sort of kick start your weight loss? You have done so well :) x

hello, how are doing today? I'm not on fitness pal but i have heard it mentioned a few times on here, so someone will pop in I'm sure!

I didn't use xenical yet this time, but never say never ;)...in the past I used it and it definately kicked start my weight loss, 12lbs in the first 2 weeks!!!..kept me focused, then i was so stupid and gave up!????

I look forward to reading your first loss on them, bet you'll be smiling hun x You are doing everything right, don't worry the scales WILL reward you :)

Back