Going the distance............here we go again

Still going strong

Not too bad a diary this week - nothing too bad - only 1 lunch - no getting out of it so just going to have to choose best option possible

Next week however - business breakfast, networking lunch, a day off and a celebratory family meal out. I guess it's good as I cannot hide myself away and do the diet, I have to learn to cope with all sorts of social situations as I go along. Makes things VERY interesting :)

Sometimes I don't quite get it right ........so it is taking me a little longer. Hopefully, though, once I'm there I'm there ;)

xxx

Im loving the positive attitude Toots. Life sometimes gets in the way of this weight loss malarky. Have a fab week

I agree Toots, days are going to come along where you'll be expected to eat something it's just about making the right choices when they do.

Good luck with it hun x

Thanks, I try - sometimes I succeed sometimes I don't but I don't fail coz I never give up ;)

Im loving the positive attitude Toots. Life sometimes gets in the way of this weight loss malarky. Have a fab week

You're so right, life does get in the way of my diet (with alarming frequency ;)) but you know what? Fed up of putting my life on hold for a diet. Not doing it any more - simple as. The woman at the end of my street dropped down dead on thursday with no warning - she was laughing and joking that morning with my neighbour - it was totally out of the blue and she was only mid 40s. Took my breath away with the sadness and suddeness of her just stopping.....ceasing to be.

Life, my friends, is for living. So what if I'm not perfect - I never claimed to be so I didn't lie :p. We'll all get there diet-wise but we have to have a life whilst we're doing it and that is where I have gone wrong in the past - too much denial leading to an all or nothing attitude. No good for my body, mind or soul.

Shall stop now and revert to my usual state of being as deep as a puddle

Hope everyone is happy, healthy and going strong

xxx

Thanks, I try - sometimes I succeed sometimes I don't but I don't fail coz I never give up ;)

You're so right, life does get in the way of my diet (with alarming frequency ;)) but you know what? Fed up of putting my life on hold for a diet. Not doing it any more - simple as. The woman at the end of my street dropped down dead on thursday with no warning - she was laughing and joking that morning with my neighbour - it was totally out of the blue and she was only mid 40s. Took my breath away with the sadness and suddeness of her just stopping.....ceasing to be.

Life, my friends, is for living. So what if I'm not perfect - I never claimed to be so I didn't lie :p. We'll all get there diet-wise but we have to have a life whilst we're doing it and that is where I have gone wrong in the past - too much denial leading to an all or nothing attitude. No good for my body, mind or soul.

Shall stop now and revert to my usual state of being as deep as a puddle

Hope everyone is happy, healthy and going strong

xxx

hi toots thanks so much for that your right there are more important things to think about. im glad i just read that as ive fallen again someone bought me round a tin of celebrations and the kids were scoffing them and i just gave in. i was feeling so bad until i read your post now im gonna think positive and get back on that wagon tomorrow.

What a difference half a day can make :mad:

Got on scales on sunday morning to see damage. 1.5 lbs down on last week's weigh in. Jumped on this morning for progress report and 1 lbs ON - after 3 days TS

WTF?

Now I'm chilled out about this taking some time when I detour BUT not when I am being good. Only week 2 so one day off should still produce a loss - especially as it was only a few rum and diet cokes FFS :mad::mad::mad:

One is not amused

xxxxx

It's not fair is it? I remember one Christmas I had two days off CD and put on a stone! Unfortunately VLCD's because they start with a big glycogen loss can lead to big weight jumps when we eat carbs. I've just come off Exante and despite eating less than 1000 cals I'm up 2 pounds.

BUT keep going and you'll lose faster than you ever have. Yes you've had this weight blip but you'll catch up. And you'll be pleased to hear that whilst there may be a bit of a jump afterwards it doesn't all go back on!

Wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't...I just know it sucks.
x
The scales have to drop sooner or later though....that is the only thought that keeps me going.

It's not fair is it? I remember one Christmas I had two days off CD and put on a stone! Unfortunately VLCD's because they start with a big glycogen loss can lead to big weight jumps when we eat carbs. I've just come off Exante and despite eating less than 1000 cals I'm up 2 pounds.

BUT keep going and you'll lose faster than you ever have. Yes you've had this weight blip but you'll catch up. And you'll be pleased to hear that whilst there may be a bit of a jump afterwards it doesn't all go back on!

Thanks - so frustrating though - had the gain been the very next day I could have accepted it easier!! Well done on your loss - that is an absolutely FAB-U-LOUS achievement :party0011:

Wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't...I just know it sucks.
x
The scales have to drop sooner or later though....that is the only thought that keeps me going.

Thanks - no words of wisdom? Erm - wanna read your post again??!!! They have to drop, they can't not if I keep strong. If I had cheated (apart from saturday which I had planned for and didn't add lbs after :confused:) then fair enough I could take my lumps but it so sooo galling when I have been strong for 3 days and what's my prize?

How's the WS going for you? xx

I wanna say ignore the scales and chug your water but I'm sure you already know that and it's easier said than done =) Just stick at it, I'm sure it'll all work itself out in the end x

Thanks, Chick - I do hope so! Sure I've already said on your thread, but fantastic start xx

----------------------------------------

Believe it or not I'm in a good mood. Granted, sulk every time I think of gain but generally in a good mood. :p

Almost everything else in my life is fab. Fantastic friends and family. Best job in the world. And a week today and I'll have my five years all clear :wee::wee:

Yeah, sometimes I think it would be nice to have a fella but I'm an independant chick so it just tends to be a fleeting thought.

It's just the size of my ass that needs to be sorted ;)

Hope everyone is going strong
xxxx

Hey Toots,

Not been around for a while apart from to update my diary thread. Bit belated, but well done on your half a stone loss in week one! Brilliant!

Try not to worry about your gain. It is heartbreaking when if happens and I have read they are quite often delayed after a lapse.... just keep that head of yours down and it will be down again soon enough. I practically STS for 10 days, hovering around the same weight; then this morning it dropped again. RELIEF! It's just about keeping the faith as Bon Jovi would say !!!

A xx

Hey Toots,

Not been around for a while apart from to update my diary thread. Bit belated, but well done on your half a stone loss in week one! Brilliant!

Try not to worry about your gain. It is heartbreaking when if happens and I have read they are quite often delayed after a lapse.... just keep that head of yours down and it will be down again soon enough. I practically STS for 10 days, hovering around the same weight; then this morning it dropped again. RELIEF! It's just about keeping the faith as Bon Jovi would say !!!

A xx

Oooh the delightful Mr Bon Jovi :drool:

You sound in a much better fettle - how's it going?

xx

Managed to wriggle out of the lunch today - I had better be rewarded when I jump on the scales for weigh-in 2 tomorrow as the menu looked fluffing dee-lightful!! :p

This place is looking really busy at the moment which is fab. Will try to read/post but am knackered so sorry if I don't get around them all

xxx

Keeping the faith was worth it

3lbs off - scales wobbled between 2.5 and 3 off so did the 2 outa 3 rule ;)

:wee:

AWww Toots...so glad it dropped again. Use that boost to keep you focused. My journey has been a bit bumpy this week but i am back on track today and gonna be blasting some fat this week! :)

well done on the 3lb! :D

Back