Goji berries

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
It seems that our guru has added another product to the diet, Goji berries.

Here's the info directly from the horse's mouth:

During the Dukan diet, to benefit from the full virtues of Goji berries, the recommended dose is:

- During the attack phase: one tablespoon per day
- During the cruise phase: one tablespoon per day in PP phase and two per day in PV phase.
- During the consolidation phase: the dose can be increased to 3 tablespoon per day.

It carries no intrinsic risk, on condition that it has not been treated with pesticides.
As the fruit is grown and harvested in China, it is vital to buy it with an importer's guarantee.
We have this guarantee, which is delivered and renewed with each delivery.

He sells them at £5.65 plus p/p for 200g. Over £90, there's no charge for p/p!

My Dukan Diet shop opens

LOL at the postage! I also read somewhere that he is selling ready made galettes!! Deary me!

I can't cope with the way he seems to add extra things in such a random way. The trouble is I really like the idea of having something a bit fruity in my muffins - rhubarb makes them go a bit soggy! I will have a look at what they have in a Waitrose and perhaps try soaking them and adding to my muffins.

In certain Monoprix shops throughout France! Suits the lazy people with more money than sense, I'm sure!

OMG talk about giving people what they want ..he will say chocolate is ok on fridays soon as long as you buy it from him !!!!

WW and Atkins have had their own products out for years and they too change their diets with the wind changes.

The diet is industry is just that - an industry - and we're the poor mugs stuck on the treadmill. I refuse to buy "products" (and I did say no more books too, then succumbed!)

A fool and her money are easily parted!

Yes I spotted the berries on the site a while ago and just filed them under 'money spinner'. Now I saw some for sale in my usual wholefood shop so I bought a little bag (I'll try and remember to check the price, but they were not cheap compared to other dried fruit). I have to say I don't like them. I can manage them dried, in yoghurt for example, but I'd be hard pressed to have more than 1 Tb per day. Baked them into my muffins the other day so they ended up a bit rehydrated, urgh I could not eat them and had to pick them out (I will not waste my oatbran ;-0)
I would classify them as 'medicinal', not a 'treat', carbs wasted for nothing there then...
If anyone wants to try them I'm happy to post my half-packet, just send me a private message through minimins!

Oh thanks for that Anja - I have tried them dried and thought they were nasty and was wondering if I might be able to somehow plump them up like raisins and put them in my muffins :) I see this is wishful thinking!! - and there is nothing worse than making something inedible with your oatbran!

Fractal advises soaking them overnight in some natural yoghurt... and perhaps having them with some sugar free jelly for sweetness. As someone who particularly misses CRUNCHING with this diet, I would like to try them. If I don't like them, tant pis

Fractal advises soaking them overnight in some natural yoghurt... and perhaps having them with some sugar free jelly for sweetness. As someone who particularly misses CRUNCHING with this diet, I would like to try them. If I don't like them, tant pis

Gherkins! I always had a couple on PP days.

HATE guerkins with a vengeance!

Eugh I don't think I could eat a gerkin! Do you use frylight Jo? I may make some celeriac chips if I can use it.

I do indeed Mouse... tell me about your celeriac crisps...

Wait, wait! Crisps? Or chips??? Oh cooked chips last night and left some on the tray, was a little tempted I have to admit, managed to resist though :)

Celeriac chips - Vicky's invention. Just chipped (I suppose you oculd par boil if you wanted) and was baking in a little oil on Atkins, but I would just bake sprayed with a little fry light.

Back