Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Thanks for the advice and I'm going to take most on board.

i do drink at least 4 litres per day without fail and enjoy it, never had it hit with lemon though so that's something to try. I do aso find myself snacking on processed meats often but do check for sugar and never see any in the ingredients. I'm a package checker haha.

nuts are deadly i know and I've been cruising in and out of induction/owl but to be honest I want to shift this last stone Nd half before I get too comfy on owl so will rein it back in.

i tend to eat the same things over and over so not sure carb creep has set in that way but it has been totm and I made pound cake which I'd never usually do. Won't be making another.

i don't use sweetener in my drinks, the only time I use it is if I'm cooking with it which is rare. I do believe those nespressos have held me back though so glad to let them go and see if things chAnge.

Oops, sorry on the water bit. I had just read a post from someone who was struggling to drink their water - think I got the two of you muddled up

Oh no worries, I know what you mean as I read that all the time on people's diaries that they find it hard getting the water down. I don't funnily enough, I love it and kind of get antsy if I'm away from Home because I can't drink too much on the go as I hate having to use public loos. I do make room for coffee though....and love Starbucks and pret :) hate to add the carbs but a,ways opt for soya. Could take my own cream though??? :)

Morning all,

Back to 10.6 this morning however went to bed hungry and awoke hungry so cutting down is working but not entirely enjoyable.
once my food shopping arrives il be able to pace things out better with the clean and green stuff so won't have to go hungry. Will find it hard to cut back in cheese but knocking cream on the head is a synch since I started drinking soya cream instead. I don't drink alcohol (long story but childhood put me off) plus have a phobia of sick ewwww.

if I keep this up I should see some more movement on scales, I'm determined Nd have upped my exercise routine slightly. Not too much that it puts me off but enough to get the heart rate right up and the sweat to pour which is slightly euphoric and great for relieving my stress.

Anyhoo yesterday was a first for me in years....only had 3-4 coffees compared to an easy 6-10 depending on my day. I'm drinking tea instead sometimes just so I have something warm in my hand as drinking so much water makes me freezing some times. I find carrying a hot water bottle around with me such a delight :)

Will be back on later to update my menu for today and hope you all have a lovely day, yesterday was grand and the view from outback was beautiful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.9 KB · Views: 102
Today's been strange, felt very hungry on and off and had a headache which doesn't seem to want to shift after paracetamol.

The sun has been out though so that makes up for it, I love the sun!

Todays menu,

B small finger of red leister cheese and 1 chorizo and Gouda stick
2 egg omelette with small red onion shared between two and 2 cherry toms.

L 2 slices original mim with butter with a small slither of cheese.

D 2 sausages m&s 0.6 carbs per 100g, 1 fried egg in olive oil, handful of mushrooms, mayo

S 1 small finger of cheese vintage cheddar
S 1/4 of my choc/orange coconut bark
S half tin tuna with mayo and 1/4 small red onion chopped

vitamin tick
4 1/2 litres of water
earl grey tea 1
coffee with soya cream 4

I'm so drained today and have a lot on my plate right now with work which I've no control over but....my eating and exercise regime is something I feel I have control over. :) Saul good man!

Morning - you may find after a couple of weeks your hunger goes away at least it did with me and for days couldn't eat anything much at all.

Also good news on the Nespresso- I have emailed them (yes I'm one of them). I thought coffee had no calories or carbs and sometimes mfp info is wrong. They have confirmed that there are no calories or carbs in their capsules only any extras that you add in. So drink up :)

Had the best mocha latte ever yesterday from my machine but today frother isn't working :( About to call then to see what the problem is. Apparently if you have to send machine back for repairs, they give you one on loan. Yippee.

Here is part of the email:

I can confim that as we do not consume coffee directly but the extract diluted in water and coffee does not contain carbohydrates there is very little energy intake from coffee, when consumed without sugar or milk.

Morning - you may find after a couple of weeks your hunger goes away at least it did with me and for days couldn't eat anything much at all.

Also good news on the Nespresso- I have emailed them (yes I'm one of them). I thought coffee had no calories or carbs and sometimes mfp info is wrong. They have confirmed that there are no calories or carbs in their capsules only any extras that you add in. So drink up :)

Had the best mocha latte ever yesterday from my machine but today frother isn't working :( About to call then to see what the problem is. Apparently if you have to send machine back for repairs, they give you one on loan. Yippee.

Here is part of the email:

I can confim that as we do not consume coffee directly but the extract diluted in water and coffee does not contain carbohydrates there is very little energy intake from coffee, when consumed without sugar or milk.

Coffee lover Val?
i wish I could double like your post! Whoop whoop...funnily enough on the boxes it says no carbs but because I liked them so much I believed mfp :( that is super good news and I can not wait to place another order of my favs appregios :)
i didn't know they loaned you one? That's good because mine keeps leaking and I an nt work it why. I have the latissimo premium it was about £450 and I am a but gutted its been leaking so soon After buying. We should meet up for a coffee some day :) a proper strong and creamy one..

thanks for making my day with the terrific news on the nespressos.

Morning everyone,

woke up early weighed in at 10.6 on the nose again. Why is it not budging? I'm tempted to go back to cd to get this last stone and half off before coming back to Atkins to maintain. I seem to be maintaining now just not at the weight I want. Help!!!!

It's been just over a month now of the same fluctuations between 10.6 and 10.8 and back again.
I am drinking around 4-5 litres water Alone per day no problems and enjoy it. I drink soya cream in coffee because its less calories same carbs as double cream per 100ml.

i eat approx 30-40g cheese per day spread out in snacks, may even be less.

what am I doing wrong?
typical day is
B 2 slices bacon, 2 m&s sausages 0.6 carbs per 100g from a 400g pack, handful mushrooms ie 3-4 tablespoons cooked, tablespoon mayo heaped
L is usually made up of snacks from pepperami minis, finger of cheese, mim slice or two with butter
D is either chicken breast, spring greens half pack m&s 3.6 carbs half pack, 3-4 sprouts tablespoon mayo
S usually 2 tablespoon extra thick double cream mixed with 1 tsp stevia, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp orange flavouring from Asda baking isle.
Or choc/coconut bark made from the above but with 4 tbs coconut oil and double amount of sweetener
I do however drink around 3-6 coffees per day with Soya creAm in each.

any advice?

Can you add more green veg? Jim will shake his veg stick at you lol. Broccoli, cauliflower rice, courgettes - all low carb and filling.
good news about the coffee. I noticed MFP adding 6 cals per cup but I drink it black without sweetener so decided to simply not log it :D

Yes the veg is good and fills you up. Thought of Jim shaking a celery stick lol. Cauliflower rice is really good in a stir fry.

Also watch the peperami type things they have a lot of sodium I think?

Yes definitely call nespresso, they're so helpful it shouldn't be leaking and they will fix it or replace it. Would be fun to meet up for a coffee. :)

Lisa, Val, I can see Jim shaking his veg stalks at me lol...yes I will up my veg intake. I've tried the cauli mash and rice, it's ok just never fancy it but will make a curry so have to make some cauli to go with it :) are sprouts and green beans ok? I'm not a fan of courgette. Love broccoli, spring greens. I keep buying bags of salad and end up having to sneak half in to the bin behind oh back because they go off so quickly :eek:.

Il keep an eye on my deli meats intake, it's just that they are so easy to pick at and taste delish with coffee.
I will get on to nespresso and see what they an do with my machine :)

Morning all :)

the sun is shining :character002:
just having my morning coffees watching daybreak and I have the windows wide open so I can hear the birds...oh I love mornings.

yesterdays food was a little all ver the place but all legal

B small stick of vintage cheddar, 2 chorizo and Gouda deli 24 sticks
L 4 slices bacon medallions, burned so only ate about three. 2 eggs scrambled with butter sea salt and cracked black pepper, tbs mayo
D 7 prawns fried in lurpak garlic butter with m&s easy Diablo chilli, and half a bag of spring greens on 2 slices of flaxseed loaf garlic breads....not the same s garlic bread but...smelled like it when it was in the oven heheh

20 mins speed 4.4 treadmill.
Vitamin tick
4-1/2 litres water
6 coffees with soya cream.

today I'm hoping to go shopping and get stocked up on some nice veggies and meat for the week. Oh and some cheeses, have been reading another persons blog and the cheeses that are consumed made me drool :)

will post today's menu later.

hope you all have a great day!

Morning!
Oh no susie, no mayo? :( il get the pop eye down my neck for sure.

I found on Atkins that I was one of those people for whom cheese and cream was a staller - and mayo :( - which I loved!

Try going without it for a couple of days and see if that makes any difference x

I will and see what happens. I also swapped double cream for soya cream, it's doable. I think my body is dead comfy at this weight and so it's starting to fight me.....grrrrr I will win!

Ooooooh before I forget, can't believe it but today the scales show just under 10.6, that's my absolute lowest ever well apart from being a foetus ;)

Woohoo go Goldi! The foetus comment did make me chuckle - which probably wasn't a good idea as we have new people in my office who don't chat or have a sense of humour! I WILL retrain them :D

Yes well.......eh em, where to start.....hmmm I treat myself today dont ask why or what I was thinking to some Marks and Sparks Stilton with apricots...gasp 15. Something carbs per 100g...I only ate a wee bit not even 40g but it was oh so friggin lush! Oh my I think I've died and gone to heaven which means tomorrow il be back to 10.8 or so. Why do we sabotage? Without even thinking about it I might add.

Back