Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

10.3 yippee!!

Thanks Lisa, I remember saying to myself 10.4 was illusive but I think the change up has helped. Just need to keep playing the game and going down...not always as easy as t sounds hmmm ;)

Well done Lauren, you're doing so well. Good luck with CD. I've got loads of exante porridge if you want it? I don't like it and can't be bothered with vlcd anymore!

Thanks Caroline, funnily enough porridge was with soup my least favs, I can do the shakes and the bars but then that's it really. I might call on you when I'm heaving at the shakes :) so thanks.

That's great Lauren, sounds all good there x

Thanks Val, not bad at all.. Eeeeh I cannot wait to see 9 something, keep wondering if t is possible. Exciting times seeing how far I can go and I'm not putting myself out.

Morning everyone, 10.3.2 today :) :)

right..no judging but I've always promised to be honest here otherwise others ant learn from your mistakes or get a good handle on what works etc so here goes.

i started yesterday off good, had 3 coffees with soya in the morning and had my first Cambridge bar at 12 lunch time. Then I had the stinkiest headache N felt faint so panicked and ate about 15g cheddar. I'd drank about 2 litres of water by this point too.
The headache went fast and all was good but I didn't remember feeling that dreadful last time. I know all about the 2-4 days getting in to ketosis feelings, but this was weird and scared me like I was being stupid with my health.

Anyway long story short, I've decided to do cd products for the first half of the day and an Atkins induction type meal with tiny, lower calorie, low carb snacks if in need. This is what I've done for the past two days now and I'm losing 10.3.2 today which is down again and I am thrilled! Slow but I can do this.

Ive decided to stop the pepperamis also because I've noticed my weight stays the same or gains on days I have them. Bacon I'm fine though and I class these as both processed meats.

i love ox tongue which is around 170 cals for half a pack and 0.1g carb, I've cut right down on double cream and possibly having a treat couple in the morning and then the rest of my coffees will be made with soya. Same carbs, but less calories by half.

im tweaking around here at the moment because I don't think I am ready to go on just three cd products per day, I've even thought about asking to go on 4 products or do 3 and do myself a meal. My CDC wont mind as long as I come back and pay I suppose.

hope I've not bored you, just it's nice to write all this down somewhere and I often look back over it to see patterns etc.

yesterdays menu
B 3 coffees with soya cream
L Cambridge mint choc bar
D 150g beef mince, garlic, red onion small, Diablo chill, and 2 cups of spring greens added in to the mince fry mix after boiled. Very nice and filling oh and I even shaved some Parmesan over it.

S 15g cheddar
S half pack ox tongue....absolute,y love this stuff!
S Atkins choc brownie bar, I know I said Id bin them, but remembered it being the choc decadence last time I had the bother with. I was fine after brownie. I had this with my last coffee once dogs were in bed watching midsomer murders box set :)

water at least 3-4 litres
coffee soya 3

Hope you all are well?

Morning Lauren,

Good to see your being sensible about your health and tweaking the CD when needed. There's absolutely no point letting yourself feel sick. I think adding a meal will make it more manageable, after all your still giving up other things in your diet. You should still lose anyway.

Well done on on the weight dropping again ;-), your hardcore!! XxX.

Re your shape; I bet shaping up for you wouldn't take as much/long as you think. Muscle has memory, so I bet you could get like how you were when you were training with your mummy x.

Hope you have a great one princess x.

Hi Lauren, I hope you find success with the cd/lc mix. Best wishes with that. As for muscle memory, mine have dementia.

I should totally capitalise on it..patenting it now! Lol
Sounds a good plan Lauren with 2 meal CD and one Atkins.

i don't think il look skinny at 9 anything judging by my shape

I'm the same. I can be 9 stone and still look 10 stone. Somewhere on MIMS is a chart someone did about weight and jean sizes. I'll try to find it, so interesting. There are people 2 stone heavier than me and a smaller jean size??? Even at 8 st 10lbs (which I haven't been in 2 years, I was still a solid 12- not fair guess I'll never reach a 10. :(

Morning Lauren,

Good to see your being sensible about your health and tweaking the CD when needed. There's absolutely no point letting yourself feel sick. I think adding a meal will make it more manageable, after all your still giving up other things in your diet. You should still lose anyway.

Well done on on the weight dropping again ;-), your hardcore!! XxX.

Re your shape; I bet shaping up for you wouldn't take as much/long as you think. Muscle has memory, so I bet you could get like how you were when you were training with your mummy x.

Hope you have a great one princess x.

morning busy,

yes because I've only got a stone and a half to lose and it's not worth killing myself over it plus if I'm completely honest here I do not want my hair to fall out and I am a wimp at the thought of headaches because I struggle so bad anyways with them. Funnily enough the other day felt way different to the way I felt first starting cd and going in to ketosis, this was different and scary, not nice.

Im buying 30day shred, some hand weights, a mat and a ball :) bring it on! I want a figure like yours :)

Hi Lauren, I hope you find success with the cd/lc mix. Best wishes with that. As for muscle memory, mine have dementia.

Morning Lynne,

thank you I hope I can work the pair until further down the line so to speak. Lol at muscle dementia ;) hehe.

ive heard about muscle memory which is great but I do not want to be the way I was, my mam turned me in to the hulk back then... I felt like a Russian shot putter...never again.

I'm the same. I can be 9 stone and still look 10 stone. Somewhere on MIMS is a chart someone did about weight and jean sizes. I'll try to find it, so interesting. There are people 2 stone heavier than me and a smaller jean size??? Even at 8 st 10lbs (which I haven't been in 2 years, I was still a solid 12- not fair guess I'll never reach a 10. :(

Morning Val,

id love to see this chart if you find it?

yeah I dot get it either, I have a friend who is 14 stones and she says she's a size 12?? I just don't think my body is a helpful shape. I'd have to be dead in a coffin to fit a 10 and even then they would have to cut the back out :)

Morning everyone,

what a weird time...lots of thoughts that I'm going to pour down here today. This morning I'm 10.2.2!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I can't! Amazing.

i was thinking yesterday about the whole diet thing and how I am actually quite proud of myself for not giving up. Ys I may nt make the best of choices but I've not given up. Honestly this is not like me, any other time and I'd have quit and been eating the cadburys with my name on it or the 12 box Krispy kremes that I'm sure they made for me or the huge plate of whole meal rice full of fried vegs and peppers like I've been craving lately but I haven't. Oh and a whopping cheese, ham and chutney sandwich with 2 slices of burgen bread..yumm I could go on.

so why am I not giving in I ask myself ? Well the answer came to me this morning, it's not will power (I don't have that) it's vanity.....yes vanity.

some people say that they love being big, good luck to them because I never did. I hated it, I could see the way people treat me like I was brainless or thick. They didn't before the weight gain and they aren't now that the weight is coming off.
Sadly it's like I'm living someone else's life now wearing normal clothes, ie not tons of layers to hide the fact I was fat even though we all know it just draws attention to the bumps and lumps.

im actually wearing sweaters this summer because I am chilly sometimes, last year I was so sweaty my thighs rubbed together, my make up sweated straight off and in to my eyes, I'd go shopping glaring at all the skinny girls because they looked dry whilst slipping in and out of the changing rooms with no lumps, nice skin and there was me fat, lumpy, full of bad eating spots and pale skin because I'd never get the skin out on show to get a tan.

you see now why I say it's not will power? It is vanity...... It has to be.

Oh and forget my morgue wardrobe of 50 friggin shades of black.....I now wear colour proudly and don't feel the need to go in a store and buy 5 pairs of the same friggin thing just because it fits....ok rant/inner most thoughts over :) if you are still reading, bless you hope you had a cuppa with you.

yesterdays menu

B 2 double cream coffees.
L 2 slices bacon, spinach, baby leaf, cucumber and 2 tbs of red pepper humous, Cambridge yoghurt and lemon bar.
D 150g mince, cabbage, red onion, garlic, Diablo chilli.
S 20g Stilton.
S half pack ox tongue.
S Atkins choc orange bar.

water at least 3_4 litres.
coffee soya 3
coffee cream 1

wow is that the time......;) have a good one today!

What a smashing and up-beat post!!! Your happiness radiates off the page. Congratulations on getting to where you are and enjoying it so much. Onwards and downwards, eh! PS, know what you mean about makeup sliding in to eyes..... :(

10.2 - further proof....willpower/vanity what ever you wanna call it, which ever way you wAnna see it....you are obviously a very determined lady xxx....well done.

Go for it with the bright colours and trendy numbers....you deserve it my friend xx. I know exactly what you mean about people's attitudes changing according to how you look. Last year I started wearing a headscarf for a year, there was a big difference in how I was treated before, during and after. Last week I took my boys for their swimming lesson, I wore the traditional I Indian clothes (just because they were cooler) I noticed a big snub from the other mums who I usually speak to every week! Even some of the other Indian mums!! Figure??!!

NOOOO! I am shocked. Dismayed. Frankly I would have been drawn TO you, not away!!! Sadly I think you are right about people treating you differently depending on how you look, but to spurn you when you wear traditional Indian clothes is creepy.

10.2 - further proof....willpower/vanity what ever you wanna call it, which ever way you wAnna see it....you are obviously a very determined lady xxx....well done.

Go for it with the bright colours and trendy numbers....you deserve it my friend xx. I know exactly what you mean about people's attitudes changing according to how you look. Last year I started wearing a headscarf for a year, there was a big difference in how I was treated before, during and after. Last week I took my boys for their swimming lesson, I wore the traditional I Indian clothes (just because they were cooler) I noticed a big snub from the other mums who I usually speak to every week! Even some of the other Indian mums!! Figure??!!

Busy, what on earth did they snub you for? Are they too posh for tradition? Hmmm, good on you for doing what you wanted and wearing what you feel comfortable in x

Ms Goldi, you do know how to write an inspiring post! Do you think it's he extra greens that are helping you along? I've bought frozen spinach today in the hope for the same results. Btw how do you reply to a post on ipad? My only option is to quote then delete the quote and just type my answer....

Blooming marvellous on 10.2 ! Well done, so pleased for you, loving your determination and positive attitude, it jumps off your posts!

What a smashing and up-beat post!!! Your happiness radiates off the page. Congratulations on getting to where you are and enjoying it so much. Onwards and downwards, eh! PS, know what you mean about makeup sliding in to eyes..... :(

Morning Lynne,

thanks, I wasn't sure if it was too honest but it's what I feel so went with the flow.
the sliding make up stings.....so glad not to have that this time around.

morning busy,

im absolutely disgusted to hear that, you must remember to snub them back from now on, the damage is done now as far as I am concerned. You know some people can be right idiots! Let them get on with it, sad individuals.

This weight loss stuff is so back and forth, t does drive me mad mind you. I'm determined to keep going however it happens. Hope you are well?

Ms Goldi, you do know how to write an inspiring post! Do you think it's he extra greens that are helping you along? I've bought frozen spinach today in the hope for the same results. Btw how do you reply to a post on ipad? My only option is to quote then delete the quote and just type my answer....

Morning Caroline,

Thanks!

it could be the greens but it could also be the fact that I'm not eating as much now compared to before, my snacks are limited and I've not had a costa creamy coffee in a few days either. Have pretty much switched cream altogether for soya creates cals. Who knows, will keep going for now and see how it goes. I just hit reply to post which is possible on iPad but I've tried the other ways to multi quote and I can't on here??? Weird.

How are you?

Back