Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Greetings from sunny Bournemouth. Stop beating yourself up. Give in. Take dulcolax pearles at night and be prepared for a rapid trip to the park at around 6am!
Sometimes natural remedies don't work and you just need some help. And man do they help lol xx

I agree, take dulcolax pearls and if you don't go after that, go to the doctor.

I suggest you add 2 tbsp flax to your diet in future, it should keep you regular if you're not good at getting veg in. Burgen bread may have seeds and fibre in but it has nothing on flax and flax doesn't have carbs to worry about and won't mess with your blood sugar.

However!! Don't eat flax, or burgens, or atkinsbars until you have been. All three are high fibre which is a bulking agent. Fibre is good for keeping you regular but if you eat it when you're already stuffed up it just makes this worse. I suspect the Atkins products have been the worst culprit.

Stop the bars. Chuck them. Reading back, the more you eat the worse your problems get and they are famous for causing intestinal problems as well as causing stalls and weight gain!!

Don't beat yourself up over it - I too have no self control when it comes to stuff like that which is why I have to just not buy it. But after the bars and the bread you're probably not in ketosis right now - not to worry, look back in your diary and you dropped pounds as soon as you went properly induction clean and green. Get back on track with that and you'll be fine.

Feel better hon.

I feel sure you are feeling low because of your park situation. I think I would have resorted to meds by now. In fact I did on monday ;) Life sometimes throws you googlies, sometimes our reactions are ilogical. We want to lose weight but sabotage ourselves. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start all over again (like I am). Don't get the bars, I think they are 'mischief'. Drink loads and try to get more veggies into your system. I think this might sound a bit like I am bossing you about, but I am in same boat (almost) and so it is me talking to self as well. (((hugs))) to you, -onwards and downwards :)

Morning everyone,

i wish I knew how to multi quote but still no idea from an iPad.

tee, busy, bubbly, moonwatcher, susie, moonlight, Lisa, val, Lynne, thank you all so much for popping in with your support. I have genuinely not felt alone having you lot here. I have read all of your posts and will reply in bulkish.

Tee thank you, keeping them in the house makes things hard...I have no willpower when they are there :(

busy, I bought some Andrews salts yesterday as found out milk of magnesia still is not available since being taken off the shelves because of the EU. Anyway I Agree, no more home remedies. Hope you are well?

val, it's hard though not to beat myself up when I Am so annoyed at what I have done. I was doing so well :(

sammy, thank you and yes I agree it's the processed foods, I'm ok when not on them but then now and again get caught out in a rush :(

moonwatcher, thank you for the supportive boost. Add a bit more to the lbs today but I know not going wont help. I'm ok today and managed to move things though coconut oil I believe. I wish I could find a good sweet substitute and I think I know why I went mad on the Atkins bars recently, it's totm again but it's only two weeks since last so took me by surprise.

Susie, thanks for that link, I need something good and sweet :)

bubbly, you are right about being healthy first then worry about the weightloss second. Thank you so much for saying you'd be celebrating with me on the 8th, your lovely :) I promise to be careful about how I get in to the 8s.

Lol Lisa, do those pearls really work that fast? I'm scared of taking medication since reading that your bowel will start relying on them :( I'd hate that but it is time t get things moving properly quickly regardless.

Thanks moonlights, you always point out the best to do. I think you are right, I'm not in ketosis anymore so have a few awful days ahead of me to get back there. I had a mim yesterday and have chucked out my burgen. I agree fully on the Atkins bars, I wish I didn't crave sweet/chocolate...they are so tasty but I know they have caused my stomach problems without a doubt, everything was going well and I'd got to my lowest then I ate one and one thing led to another. Wish me luck on getting back to the good times.

Lynne, glad to hear you've moved things along :) I was busy reading where you say googlies and a whopping spider ran across the sitting room floor, I dropped my ipad in fright, grabbed a trainer and smacked it one right on the head! It's dead! I hate killing them but.....can't settle if I know one that size is on the loose. The bars are mischief and il not be purchasing them again, need to eat sweet stuff elsewhere and safely.

Morning everyone, 10.4.0 today so not over the moon but logic tells me no wonder with the week I have had so its time to sort it out.
moonlights pointed out that I'm likely not in ketosis anymore and I would guess she is right so I have a fair few days of awful to get back there safely.

I bought some Andrews salts yesterday but to be honest noticed no movement however it did sort my stomach out. I have however had 2 coconut oil coffees and straight after each had a movement, not what I would call amazingly healthy but it's better to get as much out as possible however that may be.

I ran yesterday :) and that helped :) plus I walked a long way looking around for milk of magnesia at various chemists before coming home empty handed In the knowledge its still not back on the shelves after being removed by EU laws.

Wont bore with menu, it was all over the place but not off plan except for the Atkins blowout I wrote about in the morning and a cup 100ml of Graham's gold top milk. I even made a mim and had two slices of that. Ate left over curry and sausages plus ox tongue.

Im not giving up because I don't want to go back to the way I was. I feel and look much better now so need to keep chipping away and keep clear of those Atkins bars, I thought I'd got away with it as I'd had them for two days in a row with no ill affects but then it started messing with my intestines and making me gain.

Wish me luck in getting back to 10.1.8 or lower, I desperately want to see the 9s soon......so close yet so far.

hope you all have a lovely day today! Il be whelping a dog, she's ready to have her puppies :)

I am so relieved to hear there has been *movement* hun, was starting to get worried - and I agree with Moonie, I'm sure it was the bars - so another very good reason to stay clear of them.

Re your sweet/chocolate craving, what about using the recipe I posted above and add some nuts and/or dessicated coconut? Not induction food but certainly a lot better for you :)

I'm relieved too susie, you see what I did there? ;) I will try that recipe. I have even gone back to some Stilton with mashed up cranberries, got to be better than those dreaded bars.

Morning Hun,

soooo relieved about the movement, it's a awful situation to be in. Stay away from the bars, and keep chipping and you WILL be in the 9s very soon.

Have fun delivering the new babies x.

Afternoon, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. There are some receipes around for cocoa bark and also buns that are ok to eat, they both only take a few mins to prepare, I will look them up and post receipes. Good luck with getting back into K.

Have you tried cocoa bark made with coconut oil and cocoa powder? Recipe is in moonlights meals in the recipe section - its what Americans call 'freezer candy' and very very low in carbs (only has the bit from the cocoa powder) and has no nasties as you make it yourself. Really tastes like a choccy bar to me and fills that craving. Susie used to make individual chocolate box chocs with the recipe if I remember.

Rhubarb, if you like it, stewed with sweetener, is another good one and will also help keep you regular.

Oopsie Swiss roll can hit a spot too.

All induction friendly and yummy imo

Hi everyone,

im going to try and catch up properly tomorrow. It's been a weird couple of days, ermm been strict on what I have eaten but not eaten a great deal. Haven't wrote in my food diary (hard copy) either.

have had no sleep because was up with fudge having her pups, she gave birth to a chocolate girl at 1am but then the second bag presented too quick and second pup little boy got stuck. She had a section today little boy didnt survive.

long night and I feel like a zombie running on coffee and nurofen. Totm too :( so feel crappy and a bit sad for today.

shes resting lovely with her girl and all is well so far.

Im going to try my best to catch up on everyone's diary tomorrow and reply to all who took the time to check in on me here, thank you :)

nanight!

Ah, how sad for you and Fudge. Glad that she has her little girl to mother though, and that she is recovering OK. I wouldn't worry about your food diary or what you have been eating. You have had a tough week, so just pick up when you feel you can. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. xx

Big hugs my love, so sorry to hear about the wee one that didn't make it.

Glad the little girl is ok though I know how exhausted you must be xxx

Don't worry about replying Lauren, just take care of yourself and the new pup. Hope your all well and rested today. Hugs. x

Hi, I hope you are feeling less tired today and pup and mum doing well.

Back