Goodthings calorie counting to maintain

brings a whole new meaning to cheese cake!!! I love the idea of cupcakes!!! x

a wedding cake made out of cheese would have been pretty cool, with plates of crackers and fruits on the buffet table.

I can't wait to see the cupcakes.

My photographer has got back in contact so that's all sorted now.

On the downside the bread has gone mouldy overnight so I had nothing to make for my lunch this morning so I have a tin of tuna and am eating it out of the tin with a fork ha ha.

a wedding cake made out of cheese would have been pretty cool, with plates of crackers and fruits on the buffet table.

I can't wait to see the cupcakes.

My photographer has got back in contact so that's all sorted now.

On the downside the bread has gone mouldy overnight so I had nothing to make for my lunch this morning so I have a tin of tuna and am eating it out of the tin with a fork ha ha.

Tuna's good in whatever form. LOL

So pleased the photographer is sorted hun, must be a weight lifted! :)

definitely A relief

We went and paid for the decorations today and got the money back (minus the insurance) for the best man's suit hire.

Not too much left to get sorted now

Friday 8th July

b- nothing
l - tin of tuna and a tesco light carrot cake slice
d - chicken and bacon fajita's
s - salt and vinegar seabrooks, strawberry liquorice stick and a small strawberry cornetto icecream

Sounds like you have got things pretty much sorted. Not long to go........!!!
Cupcakes always look amazing :)

not long to go at all. Scary how fast it's come round.

I had quite a quiet weekend as we have no money spare until after the wedding but I could just not get to sleep last night so I'm exhausted today.

Sunday 10th July

b - nothing
l - marmite on wholemeal toast
d - roast dinner (full roast dinner with chicken breast, yorkshire pudding, 3 small roast potatoes, sage and onion stuffing, a chipolata wrapped in bacon, carrots, beans and broccoli. Oh and a little bit of gravy over the meat and veg)
s - cherries and a small icream cone of the vam
drinks - water all day

As I had a really big dinner yesterday (big for me anyway) I am cutting back today as now I don't want to lose or gain any weight and MUST stay the same.

I've planned what I am having today and I'm sticking to it

Monday 11th July

b - apple
l - ham wholemeal sandwich
d - 2 smoked mackeral fishcakes with a salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes and green pepper
s - lidl low fat crisps and a curly wurly (maybe also a few midget gem sweets)
drinks - water all day with one can of coke zero in the evening.

I recieved the gifts for our parents today and I am so happy with them.

I got my mum, my dad and my OH parents silver photo frame albums. They are basically a photo album with a silver photo frame attached to the front cover. On my mums and my dads I have had 'My Daughter's Wedding' engraved at the top of the frame and then our names and wedding date engraved at the bottom and my OH's parents have the same but 'My Son's Wedding'

I got them for £13.99 each (including the engraving) on findmeagift.com. You can choose whatever words etc you want to be engraved. Best of all is that I only ordered these on Sunday and they arrived today. I'm very very impressed.

Meeting with the hotel tomorrow to sort all the final details out for the reception and wedding breakfast.

It's all go now but we still don't know what to do about the best man :cry:

Weigh in tonight! I best have stayed the same or I will be very annoyed with myself as I know how important it is for me to stay the same.

Why don't you ask one of your best man's family or close friends to stand in for him? That way you will still have a connection to him at your wedding but hopefully it won't overshadow the celebration of your marriage?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, I agree with Tina. It's a nice way for him to still be a part of the ceremony.

Things really sound like they are coming along. The photo albums sound fab.

My fingers are crossed that you get a STS this week. :D

I love the sound of the photo frames :)

It's not going to be easy choosing a best man, but it would be nice if they were connected to him somehow as Tina and Squeezy suggested.

Your roast dinner sounded fantastic by the way :)

Thanks Kirsty we need it, I bet I fall over my many layers of dress

You're all completely right but the problem is that all of his friends are our friends and they have all turned it down as they don't feel like they can do it emotionally.

If no one will do it then my future FIL will probably step in.

only 10 more days at work until I have 18 days off for wedding and honeymoon! I booked the day before the wedding off because I just know something will be forgotten until the last minute.

I'm going to be thinking of you at WI! I know how much you need to STS so you're dress fits you perfectly :) Maybe you should consider weighing yourself every morning so that IF you do see yourself losing/gaining you can nip it in the bud right away instead of getting to the end of the week and thinking "Oh my! I've lost 2lb - I'll need to gain that all back", you can instead think "Right, I'm a quarter of a pound under today so I'm going to up my calories and get it back to STS".

Weighing yourself everyday isn't bad - in fact, in my humble opinion, I'd recommend it.

I used to weigh daily but I fluctuate so much that it would panic me to eating more or less when I actually wouldn't need to. Even if I weigh at the same time I can gain/lose up to 3lb daily.

I lost 0.8lb! Not too bad but not what I wanted so I'm upping my calories by 200 extra a day this week to see how it goes.

good idea or not?

I used to weigh daily but I fluctuate so much that it would panic me to eating more or less when I actually wouldn't need to. Even if I weigh at the same time I can gain/lose up to 3lb daily.

I lost 0.8lb! Not too bad but not what I wanted so I'm upping my calories by 200 extra a day this week to see how it goes.

good idea or not?

Yeah, I don't think it can do any harm. I think it is so hard to find that balance hun. :D

I'd try 100 for the first half of the week then 200 for the second half. I think 200 right away is a little too drastic. Your metabolism will need time to adjust. That's just my opinion though - it's such a personal thing since it's your wedding I don't want to advice something that has so much hanging on it!

I know what you mean about freaking out about small fluctuations on the scale, but if you know your body and know that these are only fluctuations then I think daily weighs should be encouraged. You have to learn to face the scale even when it won't tell you 'good job'. Sometimes the scale needs to reprimand you to get you back on track. I think sometimes negative reinforcement is good for us. Like 'ok Lucy, you had a lovely birthday meal last night, but it's made you gain a few pounds" and that gives me an indication of what my eating habits over the next few days should be.
I have a weigh daily*and have a weekly 'official weigh-in' day. Like yourself, I know that not everyone is for the daily weigh in, as some will see it as utter*disappointment if the scale shows a gain. You shouldn't see this as bad news or a reason to panic. This scale is information and information is power.
If you are logging your calories and exercise, this daily weigh in can tell you how certain foods or different workout programs*are impacting your weight and trigger you to choose differently (both good and bad) in future circumstances. When you only weigh in once a week, it can be harder to pinpoint the issue that might be causing the problem. Like I know if I eat lots of salty foods then I retain water like crazy the next day. Or when I start a new exercise program I retain water.
I do have a danger zone though. I allow myself a weight window of 3lb of fluctuation and there's no panicking if I stay within that zone. This helps me be at ease with the normal fluctuations and be able to clearly see when it's time to home things in.
I was up 1 pound this morning. Six months ago this would have caused me to freak out, lower calories and work out like crazy.* It was a mental barrier to break. I think you have to become an expert of your body. You have to know that you can't suddenly be 3lb heavier one day than you were 20 hours before.
I think it's good to weight daily and walk the line of the scale every day because when you do, you are no longer a victim of the scale. It's almost like "Hey you, even if you say I've gained 2lb since yesterday, I know it's only water and I'm not gonna be discouraged"
The scale isn't the main tool in all weight loss, but if you use it correctly, it can most certainly be the most important :)

Last edited:
If I go to weighing daily I think it will be after the wedding as I am more worried about losses ha ha. Also I don't have any scales as I only get weighed at my lighter life maintenance meetings once a week. I like to keep to the same scales that I know are regularly checked and colaborated so I know the weight is correct.

After the wedding I wont care if my weight goes up and down by 3lbs (but no more!). I just care now ha ha.

I eat 200 calories more 2 days a week that's why I came up with the extra 200 for the other days idea, just so it's the same every day. If it's too much then it doesn't matter as I have one pound to gain back anyway ha ha.

Your advice is fantastic happyhealthy and you're right about suddenly upping by 200. I should have mentioned that I do eat 200 more twice a week so my body is used to it.

well yesterday I ordered an Edwardian style waterproof ivory parasol and after this mornings downpour I think it was worth it just in case ha ha.

The order of services arrived and look fantastic (and no sneaky spelling mistakes)

I went to pick up my dress today but it needs to be taken in another 2 inches (one inch each side) on the waist. I have only lost 0.8lbs though since my last fitting so I just don't think they took it in enough. They are not charging more thankfully. I pick it up next week.

The men were meant to go for their final suit fitting on Tuesday but the suits they chose are the most popular and wont be available to be fitted until the week after now, the week of the wedding! But if they do fit then they can take them away that day. They should fit as they have all been measured.

The roads in our town centre are being closed so we wont be able to pull up outside the hotel for the recpetion so will have to walk through town so hopefully it wont rain ha ha.

It's all coming together now so fingers crossed for the day!

You must be so excited!

Everything really is coming together now. You must be excited? :D

The parasol sounds fantastic, what a clever idea. Can't believe the dress needs taking in by a whole 2 inches!!! :eek: I think you're probably right about them not doing enough before.

Everything is crossed for you, that it doesn't rain on the big day. I shall have a word with the weather man for you!!!! :D

Back