Goodthings calorie counting to maintain

You are all inspirational here for losing weight! I think anyone who takes the plunge is inspirational as even though I have found CC the easiest diet no diet is the easiest thing to do in the world as it's not just about cutting back on what you eat it's learning new things about yourself, and others! That can some times be really hard, especially when you realise that some people get jealous etc and they are not who you thought.

I was told very sternly by the dress fitters to lose or gain no more than 1lb if I want it to fit perfectly.

So 3lb loss isn't the end of the world as it wont look bad but I really do want it to fit perfectly, nothing used to fit perfectly in the past ha ha.

I think that's it really, nothing used to look nice on me (in my mind anyway) and everyone else in my family are really slim and stunning and now I am too and I want to show them all how great I look now so really want the dress to fit perfectly.

The family on my dads side haven't seen me at all since I have lost any weight so they will get a big shock and the ones on my mums side haven't seen me since January when we were at my grandads funeral so they saw me as a size 14 but now I'm a small 10, big 8 (most 10's are too big and most 8's a bit tight for my liking).

I didn't realise I was so unhappy with my old weight until I lost it...I never felt down or anything but now I am slim I am so much happier. I want to stay slim forever. Originally it was just for the wedding and I wasn't thinking about the long term, but now I actually love how I look and feel and never want that weight back.

I have realised I am a much stronger person than I thought but on the down side have realised how much I love to be in control which is why I still count calories as I don't want to lose control. I am very good at sticking to what I set myself and never sway from it but if I take away the calorie control I may just go mad and eat everything.

On my wedding day and honeymoon I will be eating and drinking whatever I want as hopefully it only happens once! I don't have a dress to worry about then and I know exactly how to lose any gain when I get back.

Wow! I am so happy for you. I think we all know how hard it can be to get those pounds off. It is an all consuming thing, loosing weight, plus you still have to deal with kids, work, school, studying and general life!

I get what your saying about wanting the dress to fit perfectly. You want to look amazing and show off all the hard work you have put in, and you have every right to want that. I think it is even more important in your situation. ie having lost all that weight and looking and FEELING fantastic. I know what its like to feel as though everytime you get dressed you look awful. No matter how many people say "oh, you look beautiful, that really suits you", you know deep down that in your mind you hate how you look, so it doesn't matter what people say.

Im lucky in the sense that alot of my family are big, but I am by far the biggest. I think both sides of your family will get the shock of their life when they see you in that dress, especially your Dads side!!! You must be so excited?

Like you, I am originally on this weight loss journey for a wedding. (my best friends), but I actually think it goes much deeper than that and I will continue to stay healthy and loose weight way after the wedding has been and gone.

Im glad you are going to eat what you want on your honeymoon, you deserve to let your hairdown and enjoy the most romantic holiday of your life.

I really do find you inspirational. Thanx xxx

Thanks squeezy

I definitely agree that as you lose weight you realise it runs much deeper than for a wedding, holiday or party.

It's 6 weeks today and I just had an ouch moment when I went and paid for the hotel wedding breakfast and evening reception. It wasn't much by most wedding standards but it still hurt as we don't have a lot of money. It's all worth it though, he's all worth it.

There is a closing down sale in the designer shop where I live and everything is reduced! I found mum a grey dress for the wedding, just like she described that she wanted to find (she wants to team it with coral shoes and belt). She hasn't seen it yet but it was down to £17 and the last one left so I had to get it just in case. If she doesn't like it then it actually fits me so I will keep it. I couldn't believe that a designer item which isn't at all stretchy fitted me in a size small!

6 weeks, how exciting!!! Bet you will look fantastic :)

Sorry I've had my head up my arse, only just seen your diary, I'm dreading maintaining... I'm gonna make such a crap thin person!!! You seem to be doing really well... despite those naughty 3lbs that seem to have disappeared!!! x

well I have to say that I'm not too bothered about any lost or gained pounds at the moment.

Last night a close friend of mine and my husband to be's best friend and best man died. He is only 25, would have been 26 in August.

No one knows what happened yet. His housemate (another close friend and usher) said that he had fainted a few times this last week but he seemed to be ok and he was asking my H2B to a party on Saturday night so he must have felt fine then.

It really puts things into perspective

Oh god hun, I am SO sorry. 25 is no age at all.
Im sending you and your OH all my love.
Take care xxx

I'm really sorry to hear that. That is so young. You're in my thoughts.

This is such sad news, I'm so so sorry. Sod the pounds, take care and do what you need to get to grips with this news. It annoys me just how unfair life can be sometimes. Thoughts and hopes are with you. x

That's awfull :( I'm very sorry you've both lost such a close freind. like Lindsey said. Try not to stress over little things and just take care of yourself an OH. Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thank you all so much for your kind words, it means a lot.

I haven't really been counting calories for the last few days so maybe I will now gain back those 3lbs. If I do gain more than 3lbs I'm not worried as I know I can lose it again before the wedding comes in 5 and a half weeks.

Keep your chin up chicken, we're all sending big love and hugs! x

They still haven't determined cause of death so I am thinking we will never know. The funeral is next Thursday and it will be the worst funeral I have been to (I have only been to 2 and one was my grandad who was old and one was my uncle who had cancer for a long time and we knew he wasn't going to get better).

This year should be the happiest of my life so far as I am getting married but it's also the worst because my grandad died in January and now our friend. There are 2 people who should be at the wedding but aren't.

We booked our wedding date in January 2010 and we booked it on my grandads birthday (not because it was his birthday but because that was the only Friday to suit for this July). He was so happy for us to be having it on his birthday and I was the first grandchild to be getting married (he has ALOT of grandchildren, well he had 15 kids afterall!). He was taken to hospital on the day his invitation would have arrived to him and not long after his heart gave out and he passed away.

Our wedding will be such a sad day as well as a happy one.

well I had my weigh in last night and I managed to stay the same even with all the sweets I've been eating and not counting calories.

I did have 3 takeaways since my last weigh in though. I had the chippy tea (with large battered sausage) last Wednesday straight after my weigh in, and then an Indian on Saturday night with Chicken Tikka pieces (10), 3/4 portion of chips, 2 poppadoms and half a cheese naan. Then on Monday I had a large chicken kebab (although a chicken kebab is pretty good it was most definitely a large!)

I think stress definitely helps my weight as usually when I am stressed I lose weight, I have eaten loads of crap this week so it makes sense that I have maintained (instead of the gain I was fully expecting)

They still haven't determined cause of death so I am thinking we will never know. The funeral is next Thursday and it will be the worst funeral I have been to (I have only been to 2 and one was my grandad who was old and one was my uncle who had cancer for a long time and we knew he wasn't going to get better).

This year should be the happiest of my life so far as I am getting married but it's also the worst because my grandad died in January and now our friend. There are 2 people who should be at the wedding but aren't.

We booked our wedding date in January 2010 and we booked it on my grandads birthday (not because it was his birthday but because that was the only Friday to suit for this July). He was so happy for us to be having it on his birthday and I was the first grandchild to be getting married (he has ALOT of grandchildren, well he had 15 kids afterall!). He was taken to hospital on the day his invitation would have arrived to him and not long after his heart gave out and he passed away.

Our wedding will be such a sad day as well as a happy one.

well I had my weigh in last night and I managed to stay the same even with all the sweets I've been eating and not counting calories.

I did have 3 takeaways since my last weigh in though. I had the chippy tea (with large battered sausage) last Wednesday straight after my weigh in, and then an Indian on Saturday night with Chicken Tikka pieces (10), 3/4 portion of chips, 2 poppadoms and half a cheese naan. Then on Monday I had a large chicken kebab (although a chicken kebab is pretty good it was most definitely a large!)

I think stress definitely helps my weight as usually when I am stressed I lose weight, I have eaten loads of crap this week so it makes sense that I have maintained (instead of the gain I was fully expecting)

Don't be so hard on yourself. You have just had the most devastating week. A STS is fantastic considering what you have eaten, and you needed to not have to worry about food and just concerntrate on you and your OH.
I really am sorry you are going through this, death is never an easy thing to deal with, but when the circumstances are so difficult it makes it all worse.

I have been to too many funerals for my age, and in my opinion it doesn't matter whether the person was young or old, had a terminal illness that lasted a long time or died suddenly without warning, if you loved that person then the funeral is the hardest thing. My thoughts will be with you next Thursday, but I will say one thing. He was only 25 and I think you should look upon the funeral as a way of celebrating his wonderful life. Yes it will be so sad, but at the same time, it is a great oppurtunity for you all to look over the good, funny and happy times you spent together. :D
My Dad was 40 when he died and after the funeral, when most people had gone home, without any pre-planning we put all his favourite music on and laughed and danced until we were exhausted!! It was the best and worst experience of my life, but it was the right thing to do. We did a similar thing when my Uncle died (27) and when my best friends Uncle died (31) too.

As for your wedding, of course it will be a sad day. Not having your friend there and your OH having to choose another BM, and not having your Grandad there will play on your mind the whole day. But, I strongly believe that they will both be there in their own way, and at some point on your special day, you will know they are there. :):) It is your special day, and they would only want you to be happy.

Sorry for rambling. Hope what I said makes sense.
xxxx

Thanks for the kind words Squeezy

It seems whatever I do I can't gain those bloody 3lbs back that I want to gain back for the wedding.

My H2B isn't choosing another best man, he will have his dad there for him in the church but he could never replace our friend and no one would want to do it as they all knew him.

I've got a quiet weekend this week so I will just spend the weekend with my man.

I ate under 1300 calories Wednesday and probably only about 1400 yesterday so need to eat a bit more to make sure I don't lose any more weight.

Thanks for the kind words Squeezy

It seems whatever I do I can't gain those bloody 3lbs back that I want to gain back for the wedding.

My H2B isn't choosing another best man, he will have his dad there for him in the church but he could never replace our friend and no one would want to do it as they all knew him.

I've got a quiet weekend this week so I will just spend the weekend with my man.

I ate under 1300 calories Wednesday and probably only about 1400 yesterday so need to eat a bit more to make sure I don't lose any more weight.

I know its hard when you have got no appetite, but you need to try and eat more. :)

Keep your chin up chicken, you are doing amazingly well, everyday that you manage to get out of bed and keep going is making your best man proud! x

thanks ladies

Well I did have 1/3 portion of chips and a battered sausage tonight with my mum as we had it planned for weeks (the only takeaway mum likes is fish and chips). We had a regular sized portiion between 3 of us though so that's not too bad and I had only had an apple and 2 slices of wholemeal toast with an extra light laughing cow triangle all day as I had to go out on my lunch to get black trousers for the funeral.

I finally found some for a decent price in peacocks (I live and work in a town not a city so haven't got so many shops to choose from) and as you probably all know they are a size bigger in there (great for the ego) so I had to get size 8 but they didn't have any size 8 short! Only size 8 regular. I had to go for regular as I need them and I'll just have to turn them up. They had loads of 16,18 and 20 short though.

Last night I made a yummy homemade soup for our dinner. Not made one before and didn't follow a recipe, just made it up.

First I added 2 chicken stock cubes to boiling water (no idea how much water just poured it in) put it in a pan on the hob. I then added 2 peeled potatoes (not big ones) and boiled the potatoes in the stock. Then I chopped a leek and added to the boiling potatoes. Once the potatoes were done I added it all into the blender and blended for 1 minuted and poured it all back into the pan. Then I added 2 tablespoons of creme freche and stirred in well (note to self, add creme freche before blending next time) and then I popped in some already boiled carrots and already grilled bacon with the fat cut off. It made enough for 2 of us and filled a used and washed covent garden tub for OH. I surprised myself with how yummy it was

Last edited:
Mmm I love leek and potato soup :)

Back