GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Dee, missing Shivie... can you text her to tell her that please :D x I feel out of the loop a bit with being away last week.... has she posted any pics yet??

Aww Linda! I'm still knocking about sweetie! But am going to be back with a vengeance from Sunday to shake off the inevitable pounds gained by not being as dedicated as your good self! How was your holiday hun?? What did you see and do? And well done on sticking to your guns on the TFR! That took some amount of willpower! I'm in awe of you xx

Congrats .. thats fabulous!!
Hope you have a fab day looking gorgeous xx
PS Your are truly inspirational to all trying to reach their goals x:talk017:

Many thanks Debbie! I've enjoyed myself a little bit too much since then and gained quite a bit so it's back to major self-discipline from Sunday on to Christmas goal!

x S

Good luck with your new goal and congrats for getting back on LT, you've done brilliantly so far so I'm sure it won't be a problem to you!!
Don't know about you but the success stories on this forum inspire me and sure does make me feel I can do it too! xx

Good luck with your new goal and congrats for getting back on LT, you've done brilliantly so far so I'm sure it won't be a problem to you!!
Don't know about you but the success stories on this forum inspire me and sure does make me feel I can do it too! xx

Couldn't agree more! If it hadn't been for this forum I'd never have got to my first goal to fit into that bridesmaid dress! Looking forward to shrugging off those naughty regained pounds through TFR and getting back on track, for good this time!! Hope all's going well for you hun, keep up the great work!

x S

Shivie...I think even without this site you'd of gotten to your goal honey :) you always have such gusto with which you attack the LT diet :)

Those few lbs will soon fall off you :) x x x

Shivie...I think even without this site you'd of gotten to your goal honey :) you always have such gusto with which you attack the LT diet :)

Those few lbs will soon fall off you :) x x x

Aww cheers Tru! Thanks for your unwavering faith in me honey!! Though I REALLY couldn't have stuck it out without the support of all you magnificent creatures! So here's to round two. Let's keep on shrinking!

xx S

Onwards and inwards ladies :D :D :D

Shivie ...did you forget your bridesmaid dress piccies ;) lol ...you did that no one else. Your my inspiration for getting into my wedding dress...I have made sure that I don't have big bridesmaids ...only my 6yr old and she'll upstage me no matter what ;) ...she's calling it ..."our big day" ~lol~ x x x

Am I really?! I'm truly honoured!! And you're over a fifth of the way there ALREADY so it'll be no bother to you! Especially with getting back to the swimming. I'm only learning to swim these days! I can see how it'd be a fantastic all round form of exercise as I'm usually jaded tired and I can barely do a few strokes yet!! Practice makes perfect I guess so will keep churning away in that pool til I get how it's done! Any expert tips welcome!

x S

Hey shivie ... Slowly but surely honey, what do you want to achieve in the pool? I.e what stroke etc and I can break it down and help you if you like? I can write you sets to do in the pool which will give you something to work to which will make it easier than just trying to work it out yourself xx

Hey shivie ... Slowly but surely honey, what do you want to achieve in the pool? I.e what stroke etc and I can break it down and help you if you like? I can write you sets to do in the pool which will give you something to work to which will make it easier than just trying to work it out yourself xx

Thanks very much Peach Pip! I'm literally a total beginner so if I could just manage to freestyle (i.e. not drown if I fell in a pool!) I'd be delighted! Did 9 lessons but the rotation & breathing bit I find hard to co-ordinate! Oh well, I'll just have to practice, practice, practice.

x S

Thanks very much Peach Pip! I'm literally a total beginner so if I could just manage to freestyle (i.e. not drown if I fell in a pool!) I'd be delighted! Did 9 lessons but the rotation & breathing bit I find hard to co-ordinate! Oh well, I'll just have to practice, practice, practice.

x S
Hey Shivie, I'm not sure you know this but I'm a swimming teacher :D Done it for 22 years now and love it!!
There is an online club which provides you with a gym style programme for the pool with ASA and Speedo. There are 4 different areas... Health, Shape and Tone, Fitness and Competitive, with work sessions listed for each one. You can start at whatever level you're at already. :) Your local pool may have sessions running so it might be worth checking out. The info can be found at www.swimfit.com (Hope I'm not breaking any minimin site rules by sharing this link) xx

Hey peach pip... are you a swimming teacher too??? :D xx

I do remember that Linda! I remember all your encouragement when I first decided to brave my fear of the water (and of the Dreaded Swimsuit!!!) back in August! I'll certainly check out that site and book another block of lessons when the winter is over. Haven't got a car at the moment and the pool is half an hour's walk away from my house so don't fancy trekking there and back in the inevitable blizzards! In the meantime I've invested in a proper Speedo float so will go practice the arms & breathing bit until I get the co-ordination right and hopefully get the hang of it (or drown trying!!!) Thanks again sweetie xx

Shivie said:
I do remember that Linda! I remember all your encouragement when I first decided to brave my fear of the water (and of the Dreaded Swimsuit!!!) back in August! I'll certainly check out that site and book another block of lessons when the winter is over. Haven't got a car at the moment and the pool is half an hour's walk away from my house so don't fancy trekking there and back in the inevitable blizzards! In the meantime I've invested in a proper Speedo float so will go practice the arms & breathing bit until I get the co-ordination right and hopefully get the hang of it (or drown trying!!!) Thanks again sweetie xx

Aww hun you will be fine just take it slowly and break it down bit by bit, legs, arms.. Breathing gets a little trickier but there are practice drills that can help.... The most important thing ... Relax... Learn to float first if anything it will make it so much easier then xx

Aww hun you will be fine just take it slowly and break it down bit by bit, legs, arms.. Breathing gets a little trickier but there are practice drills that can help.... The most important thing ... Relax... Learn to float first if anything it will make it so much easier then xx

Thanx Peach! If you've any of those practice drills to hand and you've got the time to spare maybe you'd post them! Oh and love the new profile pic by the way! Super hot!!

x S

Shivie said:
Thanx Peach! If you've any of those practice drills to hand and you've got the time to spare maybe you'd post them! Oh and love the new profile pic by the way! Super hot!!

x S

Oh thanks hun... And Course I will I'll stick them on ASAP for you... Just take your time with them :) xxx

Last edited:
Hi shivie, I now also get to admire you for learning to swim as well as your amazing weight loss! I would love to have the confidence to learn. My kids are 4 and 2 and will be starting swimming lessons soon. I would love to be able to play in a pool with them but don't know if im brave enough to bite the bullet and go for lessons myself. I think this is something I need to really consider. I'll be interested to hear how you get on. X

Back