Grain Free Weight Loss - 4 stone in 5 months - :)

Good morning all :)

It's still very cold here with the odd flake of snow but I need a few bits of shopping before the Easter Weekend commences so me and the Little One are going to walk to Asda... that should take about an hour their and back so that will do for today's cardio. Instead of buying her an Easter Egg I am going to get her a Hello Kitty sticker book. I really don't want her to spend a lifetime battling weight issues like I have so the less chocolate she has now the better. Her aunties and grandmas have all given her money for her savings account and clothes rather than chocolate eggs as they know I try and keep her diet as healthy as possible. We still have two eggs in the house though from friends so she can have a bit from each and the rest O/H can take to work to eat. I am very lucky really as her favourite things to eat are meat, fruit, cheese and crackers. So unlike me who was given sweets nearly everyday (out of love and ignorance rather than uncaring parents) she shall see them as an occasional treat rather than an everyday occurence.

Yesterday went well. I just wasn't hungry and didn't bother having any snacks. I really enjoyed the baked potato and cheese salad though... I will probably have a baked potato every day; it is such a treat when the rest of the time you eat protein. It doesn't seem to have affected my carb cravings either - as I said yesterday, I just wasn't hungry. It also helped that bubs had a good day and the teething appears to have settled down. She also slept through from 7am to 6am so I feel very energetic today after a good night's sleep.

I am like that too Vanwoodle, if I have been a bit crazy food wise for a few days/weeks I keep away from the scales. Who needs to compound the fact you already feel miserable/annoyed with yourself? It's awful the hold the numbers can have on you - it can affect your whole day/week/month/life. That is what I am so fed up of... worrying about what I weigh/how I look/do other people think I am a fat pig that can't control herself? Rather than focusing on my life and enjoying the things with which I am blessed.
I have been dieting on and off for 20 years and I am so sick of it. I want to get to a healthy weight, eat healthily forever with the odd treat and forget about having to jump on and off those scales.
Yes I agree, a carb addiction is harder for me to control than smoking ever was. I managed to give up smoking after a year and three attempts. This extra 3 - 4 stone I have had around my neck for about 20 years... It has seen more diets than I care to think about. Not for much longer though... Miss four-stone and Carb-Addict are on their way out the front door. ;)
I hope you have a great day today Vanwoodle and it brings you exactly what you wish for. x x

Thank you Lisa, I managed to avoid the temptation of the scales this morning... but then they are still in the loft.
Aww poor you and your poo fun & games yesterday morning; been there, done that lol. How are your little ones? When does your Little One break up from school for his Easter Hols? Is baby still teething? :(
I see what you mean about just having one portion of carbs a day. I am sure that would help with weight loss and cravings... but for me wheat makes me feel so ropey. Rice I am not so bad... but when it comes to rice I need a huge portion of creamy sauce and before you know it I am eating an 800 calorie meal.
Try a couple of days without wheat, sugar, rice, corn etc and see how you get on. By day 3 or 4 your cravings really will go down.
Today I am having homemade oven chips, I am not giving up potatos... I need some brain energy food and it adds more options for meals so I am more likely to stick to the diet long term. Also potatos don't seem to give me cravings like bread and sugar.
CHOCOLATE... oh that stuff makes me die and go to heaven. But again if I get a box of chocolates I will eat the lot in one or two sittings, if I get a five pack of bars I will eat the lot in one day etc. I know I can't be trusted around the stuff. In fact I have made the O/H lock the Easter Eggs in his car-boot until Sunday lol. I am starting to know my limitations.
Have a lovely day Lisa,

Love Sam x x

Day Six ~

Today's menu:

B/fast: Quinoa porridge, seeds, soya milk
Lunch: Baked salmon, large salad, sm baked potato
Dinner: Pork chop, mushroom and cream sauce, peas, green beans.
Snks: Wafer thin ham, grapes, frozen forest fruits.

Exercise: 60 minute power walk & 30 crunches; 30 squats, 30 arm exercises with dumbells.

Hi Sam, your days food sounds yum. I'm glad yesterday went well for you.
My sons are 14 months and 4 years old. My youngest has two molars currently pushing through and is being extremely clingy. My oldest is off school with a throat infection today, a long day ahead I feel!
I have both boys on my own tomorrow as dh is working. He is off on Saturday then back in next Wednesday so that will give me a bit of a break. We are going over to my mums Easter Sunday for the day. Apart from that we won't be doing much.
It is a great idea giving your little one stuff other than eggs. My sons will end up with so much chocolate which I will no doubt end up picking at. I love chocolate so much. I wish I didn't.

I have just had fruit for breakfast then a frusli bar which isn't great but I need to go to the shop and get something that will fill me up at breakfast. It is strange I am now craving chocolate. I wonder if that is from the carbs from the frusli bar.

I don't think today will be good food wise. Was thinking of taking boys to McDonald's for lunch, I was going to have a salad. I'm just concious of the amount of procesed food they eat.

Does your little one eat well ?

Have a great day. Xx

Good morning all. :)

Just a quickie today as we are off visiting family.

Yesterday was a good day. Just ate my menu and no hunger pangs at all. I went to bed at 8pm to watch a DVD as it is just too cold to sit downstairs watching TV (O/H working lates at the moment.) And as I was tucked up in a warm bed there was no temptation to be snacking... but then I wasn't hungry anyway, so I am very pleased.
Had a productive day too... making important phonecalls, two lots of washing, dusted the lounge and cleaned the upstairs bathroom from top to bottom. My energy levels seem to have gone through the roof at the moment... normally those things would seem such a chore. But then I know wheat gives me brain fog and makes me sooo lethargic.

I hope both your little boys are feeling better soon Lisa... how was your Maccy D's salad? Are they nice? I have never had one.
My daughter is an excellent eater, in fact unless she is poorly she doesn't stop eating but she is very slim. I put that down to the fact all her snacks are generally healthy and she never sits still. If she is awake, she is moving. And you know what toddlers are like; they don't walk anywhere, they run.

Today will be trickier as we are eating at my sister's house, but I shall only have the veg and protein, I have already warned her not to be offended if I leave some of my meal lol. She will no doubt serve a hot pudding with lashings of custard... will I manage to refuse? I am hoping so... tomorrow is weigh-day and it could affect my first loss. I can't wait until tomorrow. :D

Have a great Easter Weekend everybody x x

Day Seven ~

Today's menu:

B/fast: Bacon and egg
Lunch: Meat, protein, lots of fizzy water
Dinner: Baked belly pork in apple sauce, roast tomatos, peppers, mushrooms.
Snks: Walnuts, two slices of Edam cheese, raspberries

(I normally have about six cups of de-caff coffee a day, I want to try and get that down to 3 today and drink more water. Eventually only having one a day. I am wondering if I am giving up too much too soon as I don't want to eat to compensate for not having a cuppa. I shall have to see how I go... fingers crossed. )

Exercise: 30 minute power walk, 30 min dance with Little One & 30 crunches; 30 squats, 30 arm exercises with dumbells.

Well it's weigh day number one and I have lost 5lbs. I am pleased as yesterday I did splurge a touch - no grains but I had a couple of glasses of wine that were not on plan.
So 5 down... 37 left to lose before my holidays in July.
I shall take my measurements next week - I will do them fortnightly.

Well I am pleased to say I avoided any sweet foods or carby laden goodies yesterday at my sister's house. She did seem extra keen to push a pudding on me though - why do people that are supposed to love you and support you do that?
She is 8 stone wet through and a size 8, she has never had a problem with her weight... as children and teenagers she continually commented on me being the 'chubby one' not so much now, but still if I do lose weight and start looking my best, why would she feel so threatened?
Anyway I shall not dwell on it, her selfishness just stiffened my resolve.

I am aiming for just one cup of coffee today, I really want to knock it on the head in the next week as it gives me lovely acid indigestion. I have bought some lovely herbal teas; my fav being orange and ginger. As I have a nature that likes to over indulge, no doubt I will soon be drinking six or seven cups of herbal tea a day... O/H will love that at £3 per 40 bags lol.

Right time to get moving ~ I hope you all have a lovely day ~ we have a bit of sunshine here. :eek:

Take care Sam x x

Day 8

B/fast: ham, cheese scrambled egg
Lunch: Roast chicken, broccoli, buttered cabbage
Tea: Chicken and spinach stirfry
Snks: Homemade coleslaw and wafer thin ham, raspberries

Exercise: 1 hr walk with Little One, 35 arm raises with dumbells, 35 crunches, 35 squats

Hiya, well done. Excellent loss. You must be pleased. Xx

Re your sister, don't worry about her being like that. Some people feel threatened by others starting to look good.

Is your other half buying you any Easter eggs ?

I had no chocolate yesterday so am pleased with myself.

McDonald's salads are really nice. I had the grilled chicken and Bacon one with balsamic vinegar.

I'm off to zumba this morning. Leaving kids with dh.

As we are going to my mums tomorrow I'm going to try and make a watermelon cake just made of entirely fruit.
No sun here. I'm in Hampshire. Where are you ? X

Thanks Lisa. :) Much appreciated. I am in East Yorkshire and even though there has been a small flurry of snow, the weather is quite nice.
Well done for not eating chocolate yesterday - I know what an acheivement that is on Easter Weekend.
D/P is paying for me to have a facial and manicure at the local boutique as my Easter gift... however I am not getting them done until I get into the 12 stones so that is something to aim for and look forward to.
He never buys me chocolate as he knows I would eat it all, be annoyed with myself and then blame him lol.

I shall have to try a Maccy Ds salad... that sounds quite nice. There are such few options for low carbing in the take-away departments. However I am quite partial to a nice shish-kebab with lots of grilled veg.

Did you enjoy your Zumba? I have never been but a few of my friends rate it as great fun.

Right time to go and baste the chicken.

Have a lovely afternoon,

Sam x x

Stinky headache tonight... I don't know if that is the wine from yesterday or the fact I have been very low carb today. Only had meals... Just not fancying snacks. So bath and early to bed for me... Enjoying 'Life On Mars' on Netflix... I have never seen it before. How had I never discovered it until now?

Happy Easter Sunday all.

It's beautiful and sunny today... and my headache has lifted so I am pleased about that.
Yesterday was (food wise) a success ... my daughter was eating a bit of her Easter Egg and got bored quickly and left some... my carb addict came out to play ' you have been weighed this week, you have a full week to get back on track, treat yourself today.'
I had to put my higher brain in gear, that said to me 'let's get that sugary junk in the bin right now!' and that is what I did. I then swept up our back hall (we have three dogs) and put all the dog hair on top of the chocolate in the bin. So wasn't tempted after that.

I am only a week into lower carbing and I have found ignoring my carb addict rather than white knuckling an argument with her is working for me... her voice and potency are fading more and more every time I am tempted. I am not daft enough to think this will ever be a permanent thing and one morning I will wake up andI will never crave junks carbs again. I know it's a day to day lifestyle choice, if I want the junk food I have to bear the cravings and the weight gain. Like smoking, if you want to smoke you have to bear the cravings, the bad breath, wrinkley skin and yellow teeth.

Today we are having a quiet day, O/H is off work so we will probably take the LO out for a walk to the park (weather permitting) and then I have some paperwork to do today. I shall also have a few hours off this afternoon whilst O/H has LO and I shall have a pamper session; bath, manicure, pedicure... I might even just loll around on my bed and read for an hour. :D

I forgot to put the scales back in the loft yesterday so what did I do this morning? Yup... jumped on them... no change from yesterday... so back in the loft they go until Saturday.

Well I hope you have a great day folks... I have brekkie to prepare,

Love Sam x

Day 9

B/fast: Chicken leftovers with cheese, lettuce and mayo
Lunch: Tuna Salad (spinach, cucumber, spring-onions) and mayo
Tea: Bacon chops and scrambled egg with buttered broccoli
Snks: Raspberries, Blueberries

Exercise: One hour walk; crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 (I am also starting to do kegel exercises as from today, may as well be toned from top to bottom lol. I shall just call them Kegs from now on.) 100 kegs :rolleyes:

happy Easter!!!! you sound so positive...really motivating! im in work all day today, so whilst there will be chocolate around its a little easier to say no. (she says confidently!!)
have a good day x

Happy April 1st Everybody - AKA as April Fools Day - I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for any pranks on the TV or in the newspapers today.

I managed to have a chocolate free day yesterday, however I did indulge a little off plan and bought a bag of pork scratchings. They are very low in carb and I enjoyed them but they are so salty I think they would make me retain water quite easily. A once in a blue moon kind of treat I think. Back up to six cups of decaff coffee though... really need to try harder there.
The last couple of days I have done quite low carb and this morning I feel quite cold and headachey; I wonder if I am getting the carb flu. Well I shall add a small baked potato in to the mix today... I need some brain energy as I am doing a lot of paperwork and heavy reading.

Little One had a bit of a teething night again... she has bright red cheeks and is easy to cry. I look forward to the day all this teething pain is long gone... it must hurt bless her and oh boy could I kill a few nights of none broken sleep.

Did you manage to avoid the choccy at work VanWoodle? When I finished work 2 years ago (planning on being a SAHM until little one is 3 to avoid childcare charges) I found it quite easy not to nibble as the other staff were generally slim and only ever seemed to snack on black coffee or apples... (peer pressure thing again.)

Weather is looking quite good again, cold but sunny, I can live with that!

I have decided when I get to my first goal I shall have my teeth professionally whitened... tea, coffee and wine over the years has made them quite off-white and that would be a lovely non-foody treat to celebrate my first major goal.Only 2 stone 9 lbs to go. :)

Right back to the grind... time to play with my little munchkin... we have some magic painting to do.

Have a lovely day y'all.

x
x
x

Day 10

B/fast: Ham, cheese, lettuce & cucumber salad with coleslaw
Lunch: Baked potato, tuna, buttered broccoli, spinach, mayo
Tea: Homemade beefburger, with melted cheese, cauli-mash and peas
Snks: Raspberries, Strawberries

Exercise: One hour walk; crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

I had very little sleep last night... little one woke every twenty minutes with teething pain. She had some baby paracetamol and that partially worked; she still let out a yell every twenty minutes or so which woke me up with a jolt... it seemed just as I had fallen asleep. She is all bright eyed and bushy tailed today... me I look 85 with eye bags worthy of carrying shopping in. I know the carb addict will be alive and well today; she always visits more often if I am tired or stressed. The plan... drink water/have a bath/take little one for a walk to the shops as soon as CA starts calling ~ I will ignore her totally, I promise myself.

Feeling very bloated at the moment, I am starting to wonder if I have a dairy intolerance. Now I have very little carbs in my system... I know it's not bread and stuff so the only other thing it could be is dairy. I am going to experiment for a cple of days and remove cheese, milk, yogs etc out of my diet and see if things improve. The odd thing is though... without carbs and fibre, my constipation has cleared up. In general low carbs really seems to suit me... I have lots of energy (even when tired - iykwim.) So I shall keep moving forward with the diet.

I have bought some coconut cream (coconut 74% - the rest is water) It's very low carb. I am going to make some coconut and banana pancakes for tea. I shall let you know how they turn out; I fancy something a bit different other than meat.

Well myself and little one have a date with a baby group at 10am so I need to get organised. Have a lovely day everybody. :)

Sam x

Day 11

B/fast: 50gms mixed nuts (not peanuts) and raspberries (large packet of frozen rasps from Asda are £2 - they last for ages and are really flavourful.)
Lunch: Smoked sausage and boiled egg salad
Tea: Large Prawn stir-fry
Snks: Banana and coconut pancake

Exercise: One hour walk; crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

Just had the banana pancake for lunch and it was really nice: 2 eggs, 1 tbs ground almonds, 1/2 banana.
I mashed the banana, used the hand blender to mix in the eggs and almonds. Cooked like you would a normal pancake and served with a 1 tbs of coconut cream (because it had been in the fridge it had gone nice and thick like double cream.) It was like have a very rich pudding and quite sweet... probably because I haven't had any sugar laden food for days. And I do feel full... I think the richness of the coconut cream really satisfys.
I shall certainly have it again. X

That sounds yum :-D

Back