GrannieAnnie`s weight loss diary and mad ramblings!

GrannieAnnie

Silver Member
Well, I`ve finally done it and started a weight loss diary!

Hubby was fed up hearing me talking about Slimming World so here I am!

Well I suppose I`d better to you a little about myself. I`m a menopausal fifty-something as you might guess!
I don`t work anymore as I had to give up my job to look after his lordship. That was three years ago now.
I can honestly say that I didn`t have a weight problem until I turned 40. Not even when I had the kids! Since then I`ve turned into my mother, something I swore I wouldn`t do. For those of you that are younger than me, believe me it happens to us all!

I don`t always manage to follow the plan 100% every day but I don`t worry about that. As long as it balances out over the week then I`m happy!

I suppose I`d better tell you what I`ve eaten today!

Brekkie: Defrosted frozen fruit & greek yogurt
Mid-morning: 2 ryvita & ex-lite philli cheese, cucumber & cherry tomatoes
Lunch: Pasta with peas, mushrooms & ham
Afternoon: fruit
Dinner: Beef stew & potatoes

I`m off to have some of my syns now! preferably alcoholic! hic!

Grannie you hav edone very well today. You are as young as you feel - don't worry about your age. Have a good evening.

Woohoo, well done GrannieAnnie! Knew you'd get it sorted :) Looks like you've had a very good day! I very rarely get to the evening without having any syns haha, so well done! Hope you're off enjoying some now :) xx

Ooh my favourite! I'm a huge Captain Morgan's fan!! Usually save it for nights when I'm going all out and off plan anyway, chocolate is too important to me ;D x

Spiced rum n diet coke! hic! Medicinal of course!
Might even have a couple of jelly babies as the drink is the only syns I`ve had today!

Well here I am again, back like the preverbial bad penny! :)

Freezing outside and we`ve had snow here in Cambridgeshire, can`t stand the stuff! Bah! Humbug!
It`s come too late for last Christmas and def too early for the next one!

Gotta tell what his lordship did the other day. We don`t have a car so rely on buses (keep that in mind). Anyway, on Thursday we went into town, fairly normal day. When we got home, still normal. I need to explain that due to his profound deafness he has to wear a cochlear implant. That`s a very hi-tech, very expensive hearing aid ( he`ll kill me for calling it a hearing aid!) He had an operation for the internal part and the bit he wears on his ear completes the elecrical circiut.

This is only given by the NHS topatients whose hearing is so bad ( non-existant) that a regular hearing aid is of no use to them. If we had to pay for it we would have had to win a very serious amount on the lottery. Anyway, to get back to the other day.

When we got home, he couldn`t find his implant. He had a headache and took it off. We turned our pokey little flat upsidedown trying to find it. Nothing. I even tipped the contents of the wheelie bin onto the path! Nothing. We had come to the conclusion that he`d lost it in town and we would have to do some grovelling to the hospital. Friday, we`re back at the bus stop when I noticed something on the road, HIS IMPLANT! it had been there all night. It`s a miracle we found it as it`s the same colour as tarmac. So we brought it home to operate on it. He`s got a gizmo the hospital gave him to dry it out so we left it there all weekend. It`s definitely dead!

We`re just about to go to the hospital but at least we can give them a faulty one instead of telling them it`s lost! Darn thing costs about £7,000! The old one can be sent away to be fixed and given to someone else!

Food diary will have to wait for now. Catch ya later!!

Goodness that was lucky! :) My dad is getting very deaf in his old age but won't admit it...says we are all mumbling!

Sounds like my Nanny...she insists we're all mumbling too, only I'm cheeky enough to come out and say I'm not mumbling, you're going deaf lol
And I wouldn't mind turning into my mother...she's my best friend!

Good luck on your journey!

I`ll do my food diary then I`ll update our trip to the hospital

Brekkie: fruit & yogurt
Mid-morning: carrot batons
Lunch: veg soup
Afternoon: 2 x alpen light
Dinner: cheese n onion pie, mixed veg

Quick update on the hospital visit.

Well he just about got away with it. The battery pack was dead so it was replaced.

He has been getting away with not going for appointments the last few years. A check up for him and an MOT for the implant.
So he`s gotta go back next month.

Needless to say we didn`t tell them the exact truth. He just said he got caught in the rain! :D

Quick update on the hospital visit.

Well he just about got away with it. The battery pack was dead so it was replaced.

He has been getting away with not going for appointments the last few years. A check up for him and an MOT for the implant.
So he`s gotta go back next month.

Needless to say we didn`t tell them the exact truth. He just said he got caught in the rain! :D

Phew well it did get caught in the rain kind of ;)

I'm always loosing my hearing aids, I take them out when the kids get too much and can never find the things again ;)

I know I haven`t posted for a few days, we had computer problems and had to get our son to come and sort it out! Hopefully normal service has been restored but if I disappear again you`ll know why!

Not much happening at the moment did some housework, that was about it!

I hope it`s not gonna be this cold for too long. Our water has frozen everywhere except the bath tap. Work that out if you can! :D

We have this every winter and the landlord is useless. Doesn`t come to fix it until the weather is almost back to noprmal and everything rectifies itself! We`re with a housing association so you would think they would be more on the ball. If we were with a private landlord we could go elsewhere but its a bit more difficult with a housing association.

Here goes with today`s food diary

Brekkie: porridge made with muller light
Midmorning: plums and an apple
Lunch: mugshot
Midafternoon:more fruit!
Dinner: Linda McCartney rosemary sausages, mash & beans

Looking forward to a ww bakewell slice with my rum & coke!

Don`t use all my syns on alcohol!:)

See you soon! I hope!

Grannie I let my property through a housing association and always sort things out for my tenants (treat people the way you like to be treated) - if anything I do more than they expect. After all it is my property and needs to be maintained well and perhaps one day I move back in there myself. Mind you perhaps your landlord is doing it as a buisness and have a few properties going.

Have a good evening.

Oooh i love those ww slices. Theyre on offer in our pound shop at the mo but i resisted cause id never stop at one

Hope your flat gets sorted out soon hon x

Well Done Grannie keep up the food diary x

Thanks for all your posts folks! Glad I`m not talking to myself! :D

Rosielea - good to know there are good landlords out there. It`s not that mine are bad, just slow! It took them six months to fix our shower when there was no hot water. A letter from the GP sorted it out.

Talking about water, think it`s thawed out a bit as we`ve got our water back. I have reported the problem so we`ll see what happens.

There have always been some very strange things happening since we moved in two years ago concerning the previous tennant. She disappeared overnight leaving behind a catalogue of unpaid bills. It took an hour on the phone to the tv licence people that I wasn`t her and that I had a tv licence paid by direct debit. We`ve also had the bailiffs round - all about her. Again I had to prove my identity, all very scary. There threatening letters and visits from the bailiffs have stopped now. But just when we were beginning to forget about her, something else happened!

Our housing association sent people round to check the loft insulation and it was found that we needed extra. After they were finished, one of them said to us " you do know that your loft was used as a cannabis factory!" Well! my flabber was gasted!
On reflection, I`m not really surprised!

Chloe - I`m gonna visit yor diary later to see how your getting on. Gonna try to do some shopping before the snow starts. Its due here after lunch.

Will do a proper food diary later, but I`ve already had magic porridge withfrozen berries (defrosted!) don`t eat them straight from the freezer. Not with my sensetive teeth!

Laters!

Back