Green day recipe help

tfmd

Silver Member
Hiya

I saw on TV the other day a recipe I thought would be good on a green day..Can you let me know if this is syn free?
Can chick peas, tsp chilli powder, tsp cumin, salt and pepper..mix together and put on a tray and cook in the oven on 180 degrees for 40ish mins. You could use any spices you like...
They would make a lovely nibble I thought, but would they be synnable?

I was told that lasagne crisps would be synnable if they were just used as a snack and not eaten as part of a meal! Is that correct also?

Thanks for your help

Hil
xx

Technically it's free...but you're right about there being the possibility of syns. I'm not sure, is my answer!

With the lasagne crisps, it's more about using a food as something it wasn't meant for, and also eating more than you usually would, thus consuming more calories etc.

With the chickpeas, I'd say try it and rather than eat the full tin's worth, say, split it in half and save half for another day. That would be a reasonable amount of chickpeas and something you'd likely eat in a meal. As long as you're not eating a full can's worth every day, in addition to your other food...

Give it a go, and see if it affects your loss. If you've stayed on plan 100% but not lost, or lost less than you'd think...or can't see any other reason for not losing, then the chick peas would be your problem!

Thanks very much for your help..
They sounded so lovely. I think I will try them as you suggested and keep a check on my losses.

Thanks again

Hil
xx

They end up being a bit like peanuts. I've done them with just rocksalt and took them to a taster night as a peanut alternative. Everyone loved them. This was before sw started synning snacks but as long as you dont over-indulge then you should be fine. xx

Back