Green Day thread. ..

So the delivery came from Ocado at 7.30 today and is all packed away nicely. They sell Tivall hotdogs/ frankfurters which I have not be able to find elsewhere ( yum!)

B- 2x hovis wholemeal slices 1HXB
3 Tivall frankfurters 4.5 syns

Not sure what to have yet for lunch- I am fancying a big salad.

Todays menu:
B - 2 Weight Watchers crumpets with 1 level tsp Vitalite spread (8.5 syns)
L - Cheese and broccoli pasta 'n' sauce (free)
D - Wholewheat spaghetti and Tesco meat-free meatballs with tomato/chilli sauce, mushrooms, onions, garlic and chillies with 35g strong soya cheese (HEB + 3.5 syns)
Pud - Half a sachet of Weight Watchers sugar free strawberry and raspberry jelly (half a syn)
200ml oatly chocolate drink (HEA) and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze in cups of coffee (part HEA)

This is my last day of being a vegetarian!!!
Good luck for tomorrow, you'll love it. I've never looked back :) x

So the delivery came from Ocado at 7.30 today and is all packed away nicely. They sell Tivall hotdogs/ frankfurters which I have not be able to find elsewhere ( yum!)

B- 2x hovis wholemeal slices 1HXB
3 Tivall frankfurters 4.5 syns

Not sure what to have yet for lunch- I am fancying a big salad.

Is tivall veggie? Iv never heard of it x

Today's diary - (Very low syn day)

B - Sausage butty & fried tomatoes
Linda McCartney sausages x 2, Allinson wholemeal x 2, Ketchup, 6 large cherry tomatoes fried in frylite (HEXB 1.5 + 1syn)

D - Curried lentil salad
Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, beetroot, peppers, red lentils

T - Sweet potato & lentil curry with basmati rice Apple

S - Alpen light choc orange, strawberries & grapes (HEXB 0.5) ( I Always use 1 HEXA for brews)

Good luck. Let us all know how you get on with being vegan and share recipes!

Good luck for tomorrow, you'll love it. I've never looked back :) x

Thanks both, am armed with some recipes to get me started and have stocked up the cupboards with vegan-friendly foods! Am planning on taking some photos etc so I can show more people that being vegan is easier than they think :-D

My food for today

Breakfast- 2 x LM sausages (yes again lol), spaghetti hoops, roast tomato, mushrooms and shop bought potato cakes (2 syns)
Tea- stir fried veg and tofu with couscous, fresh fruit salad
Lunch for work- 2 x hummus butties (2 x HEB + 2 syns), half a tin of lentil soup (4.5 syns), apple, french fries (4 syns)

View attachment Leeds-20130623-00271.jpg

Yes Tivall is veggie, used to get them from Holland Barrett. Quite tasty!
L- 2 slices hovis wholemeal bread 1HXB
quorn slices
2 tsp lighter margarine 1 syn
T- baked potato
baked beans
Cheese 28g HXA
2tsp lighter margarine 1syn
quorn sausages 3syns
syns today 9.5

Ahh I went in there today for all this yummy stuff tace keeps eating & there was nowt - maybe I should check the website out, thanks hun - appreciate the reply xx

Ahh I went in there today for all this yummy stuff tace keeps eating & there was nowt - maybe I should check the website out, thanks hun - appreciate the reply xx
You must have a bad store :( the one in Leeds city centre is amazing, I could spend an abosolute fortune in there lol x x

Todays menu:
B - 2 weetabix with chopped banana and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk unsweetened (HEB and part HEA)
S - 2 bananas
L - 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf with 20g sheese creamy original and alfalfa and broccoli shoots (HEB plus 2.5 syns), Rocket and baby leaf salad with 1 tbsp balsamic dressing and 5g seed sprinkles (2.5 syns) and 100g Alpro Soya Vanilla yogurt (1.5 syns)
S - Apple and grape snack pack
D - Cottage pie with root veg mash (soya mince, lentils, veggie stock, marmite, herbs, tomato puree, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and for the mash: potato, carrot and swede with a splash of Blue Diamond Almond milk and vitalite spread - 1.5 syns)
Pud - Chopped banana and strawberries with 2 tbsp Alpro Soya cream (2 syns)
200ml Kara chococlate coconut milk (HEA)
Total syns: 10

24.06.13 Cottage pie and root veg mash.jpg

Last edited:
You must have a bad store :( the one in Leeds city centre is amazing, I could spend an abosolute fortune in there lol x x

Bloody Trafford centre one! It's quite small .. The only other one would be Manchester city centre buts a good 8 miles from me ... Ile have to make a trip out this week :) xxx

B- Tried the free Linda McCartney sausages for breakfast today, they are yummy!
2pieces of hovis wholemeal 1HXB
1 cup of tea with 1HXA

hopped on the scales today and I have lost 6 pounds!!! This despite cheating with chocolate, chips and pizza! Husband now instructed to not sabotage my diet.
I have to work out how to do the tracker on the bottom now!

Well done Misswolves, that's an amazing loss. You must be well chuffed :)
I love the LM red onion & rosemary sausages and them being free is a bonus.

My menu for today

Breakfast- couscous & quinoa porridge (HEA), banana, frozen berries and soy yogurt (1 syn)
Lunch- spiced celery and carrot soup, hummus sandwich with tomato and cucumber on it (HEB + 2 syns)
Tea- turkish chickpea stew, new potatoes and broccoli, fresh fruit salad
Snacks- peanut butter on toast (HEB + 3 syns)

Very pleased, thanks Tace.
if I can lose three pounds thus week I will be in the 16 stone bracket! It makes me wonder how I got this big! I mean I did gave three big abdominal operations, but I should have kept the chocolate out of reach! I guess I just love my food!
How does your couscous and quinoa porridge work?

I know what you mean about abdominal ops, I had all 3 of my kids by C-section and because the first was a matter of life and death they cut me from one side of my stomach to the other so my belly is pretty much f***ed :( It's amazing how the weight creeps on, I always knew I was big but never knew I weighed as much as I did till I started SW.
The couscous & quinoa porridge is free because you're using them as a filler and not a snack or an extra. I put 1/2 cup of quinoa in a pan with 2 cups of milk, with sweetener and cinnamon or vanilla and cooked for about 20 minutes till it's near enough cooked then I add 1/2 of couscous and cook on a low light for a further 10 minutes. This amount normally does me all week (I eat it every other day), it keeps well in the fridge. I only use a few tablespoons at a time then top with plenty of fruit and yogurt, it's really filling. You can make it with just couscous on it's own or just quinoa on it's own, I just like the mix :)

I know what you mean about abdominal ops, I had all 3 of my kids by C-section and because the first was a matter of life and death they cut me from one side of my stomach to the other so my belly is pretty much f***ed :( It's amazing how the weight creeps on, I always knew I was big but never knew I weighed as much as I did till I started SW.
The couscous & quinoa porridge is free because you're using them as a filler and not a snack or an extra. I put 1/2 cup of quinoa in a pan with 2 cups of milk, with sweetener and cinnamon or vanilla and cooked for about 20 minutes till it's near enough cooked then I add 1/2 of couscous and cook on a low light for a further 10 minutes. This amount normally does me all week (I eat it every other day), it keeps well in the fridge. I only use a few tablespoons at a time then top with plenty of fruit and yogurt, it's really filling. You can make it with just couscous on it's own or just quinoa on it's own, I just like the mix :)

Yep my three ops are the same as c sections but I have nothing to show for it! They even gave me a hernia and eventually took my tummy button out! My stomach looks like a railway line from not going in through the same incision ;( but they didn't force feed me chocolate!

I am going to try the quinoa and couscous, it sounds intriguing!

Yep my three ops are the same as c sections but I have nothing to show for it! They even gave me a hernia and eventually took my tummy button out! My stomach looks like a railway line from not going in through the same incision ;( but they didn't force feed me chocolate!

I am going to try the quinoa and couscous, it sounds intriguing!
I really like it, but it depends on whether you quinoa, not everyone does :s

My tea tonight, turkish chickpea stew

View attachment Leeds-20130624-00273.jpg
I added more veg

Today's FIT grub ..

BLT butty
image-259868513.jpg

Chips, cheese & beans
image-2857577893.jpg

B .. fruit, yogurt, weetabix muffins ( heb)
L .. LM sausages, spicey courchette baked fries, bread ( heb) butter ( syned)
D .. quorn lamb style steaks, roast potato's, broccoli, cauli, sprouts, peas, runner beans, gravy ( syned)
S .. chocolate fluff brownies ( syned .. 0.5 each )
milk x 2 hea

Back