GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

you will be fine when you get back and the weather will be better and you will have new areas to explore - what not to like :):)

do you know that I have had two doctors now ask me if I have thought of adding meat back into my diet - they said the multivits are not the same as getting stuff from real sources and it will automatically boast my b vits
I told them its something I have never thought of doing - I went veggie originally for health reasons and now I am being told that as I get older its backfiring on me - will need to take myself back to square one and do the nutrition thing all over again :):)

:)

Weird to hear that from docs as a plant based diet is the truest form of nutrition .. afterall most of the things we get from meat is from what the animals eat apparently. So who knows. I'm only on day 6 of being a veggie but a total convert xxx

I'm waiting for someone to tell me that I should be eating meat now - not doing it! I eat a healthy diet with lots of good veggie sources of protein and I'm taking a big multivit so anyone who says it can jog on! x

Vegan son has Vit D injections due to Crohns as digestive tract cannot adequately absorb vit D and Dr asked if he might be better going back to eating meat etc. he was horrified.:eek:

Back in the apartment now after a long 8 hour train journey - 255 miles . The cost of the ticket was just over £9 and the seats are comfy but I do wish they would turn the TV down. They have TV's in the carriage with speakers in the ceiling and sure they must be on at full blast at times, especially when some woman was doing her Shirley Bassey impersonation.:eek:
Did not do too badly with the food again - just one blip with the custard filled bread rolls :)

Week will now start on Sunday as we have exactly 2 weeks today left to be here.

Was reading a SW facebook page called Slim and Trim (you have to join it) and saw on there what I maybe think is a good idea - they have a basket which is filled with the weeks syns - i.e. packets of sweets, crisps, chocolate etc and just take from it until there is nothing left - the lady had left some out for sauces etc for her food.
Don't know if I would be tempted to eat them at the beginning of the week or not - what do you think?

Going shopping now as the fridge is bare.

Thankyou both so much for the advice! Yeah I've been checking labEls like a mad man, surprising what is in some things! it's going to.be a long process, im making little changes, hopefully ill get there in the end! Saw online about the alcohol and animals too, would NEVER have thought that! Yuk!
Thankyou again so much! X
Hi, just reading this convo about alcohol, being veggie and having worked in pubs for 24 years there are some breweries now starting to label their ales and some of them like "Marble" breweries actually make vegetarian real ales. Also lok for German lagers they don't tend to use finnings in their brews. Alot of products are veggie/vegan friendly in bottles but not on tap, they use the finnings to keep it clear and if you like dark brews like stout & porter (not guinness) they tend not to use them as well.
Aa for jellies and sweets I buy Asian ones which don't usually contain gelatine and are cheaper than buying main stream veggie versions :)

We had a pub for years and had a list behind the bar of the very few (in those days) veggie and vegan friendly drinks - it is good that companies are now doing it for themselves (and their customers).

Where is your camera when you need it?
Went shopping and saw a girl selling bright red tiny chickens from a plastic storage box and they were running all over the pavement then further up the road were 2 more people doing the same and there were red chickens everywhere. 20 yards further along, outside the supermarket, was a young lad selling cold drinks from cycle fridge and he had a monkey sat on the seat :eek: Hardly like going for a walk to Asda. :) Never seen either of them before and we walk that way every day.

I haven't eaten meat since 1990. I do eat some fish but not shellfish and not a lot so I am pescetarian.
I also don't eat anything with meat derived gelatin. A lot of the Asian sweets that are halal actually have halal beef gelatin so be careful.

If there is no v symbol or suitable for veggies then I don't eat it.

My Crohns Dr was also horrified when I asked him if I had to eat meat again due to my levels as meat is a trigger of mine and makes me severely ill. Thankfully he said no and agreed with me that I cannot physically tolerate meat which is why I gave it up so many years ago.

I haven't eaten meat since 1990. I do eat some fish but not shellfish and not a lot so I am pescetarian.
I also don't eat anything with meat derived gelatin. A lot of the Asian sweets that are halal actually have halal beef gelatin so be careful.

If there is no v symbol or suitable for veggies then I don't eat it.

My Crohns Dr was also horrified when I asked him if I had to eat meat again due to my levels as meat is a trigger of mine and makes me severely ill. Thankfully he said no and agreed with me that I cannot physically tolerate meat which is why I gave it up so many years ago.

I always read the labels before I buy anything, I'm quite clued up on ingredients, I never assume things are veggie because most have hidden ingredients :(
I used to have really bad IBS and found that since I've been veggie it's not bothered me at all :)

On the subject of sweets - I'm delighted that M&S now sell veggie Percy Pigs and Colin the Catapiller sweets, they are helpfully different colours too so if there was a mixed bowl of sweets you could spot the veggie sweets. Although why they can't just make the normal ones veggie is beyond me. ;)

The beer situation is improving and craft beer has a lot to do with it. Marble (as mentioned above) and Brewdog are both fantastic and fish free! x

Sorry I didn't mean to assume you didn't check x

Marks have been doing them for ages I think the butterflies are nicer then the pigs

My husband got me some Veggie jelly sweets from Tesco the other day but I haven't tried them yet.

Holland and Barrett sell some as well.

And you can get Veggie haribo in an orange pack I think

All this talk of sweets - now that is something I don't buy but will be looking out for them now in M & S.:)

Vegan son has Vit D injections due to Crohns as digestive tract cannot adequately absorb vit D and Dr asked if he might be better going back to eating meat etc. he was horrified.:eek:

Back in the apartment now after a long 8 hour train journey - 255 miles . The cost of the ticket was just over £9 and the seats are comfy but I do wish they would turn the TV down. They have TV's in the carriage with speakers in the ceiling and sure they must be on at full blast at times, especially when some woman was doing her Shirley Bassey impersonation.:eek:
Did not do too badly with the food again - just one blip with the custard filled bread rolls :)

Week will now start on Sunday as we have exactly 2 weeks today left to be here.

Was reading a SW facebook page called Slim and Trim (you have to join it) and saw on there what I maybe think is a good idea - they have a basket which is filled with the weeks syns - i.e. packets of sweets, crisps, chocolate etc and just take from it until there is nothing left - the lady had left some out for sauces etc for her food.
Don't know if I would be tempted to eat them at the beginning of the week or not - what do you think?

Going shopping now as the fridge is bare.

I dont think that idea would work for me I have very little in the way of treats I would rather spend the syns on food stuffs I like and most of my syns are spent to make my meals more to my liking - and any left over syns I might or might not have a treat with - but its a thing worth considering once I get properly back in the swing of slimming world I will then know the syns I have after meals for the week and decide if that might work for me but that is like saying you will have 10 syns a day and using them weekly which I do anyway
Honestly I could not believe 2 doctors asked me that - my gp and that was due to low b12 levels but I am sure that was a blip (well I have to have another check next month so we will see) and the other was the psych - but again that is down to b vits as being good for depression and related conditions - but as I say I really dont want to be going there - just the talk of your vegan son made me think about at the time I was posting - I did all my research into keeping healthy years ago but perhaps I should do a little more - most of what I eat is organic and locally grown where possible too so not much in the way of digesting chemicals - thought I was healthy :):) I bet neither of those doctors are vegetarian :):)

All this talk of sweets - now that is something I don't buy but will be looking out for them now in M & S.:)

with all this talk of sweets all I can say is I am glad my nearest marks is in Bath and I rarely go there :):)

I dont think that idea would work for me I have very little in the way of treats I would rather spend the syns on food stuffs I like and most of my syns are spent to make my meals more to my liking - and any left over syns I might or might not have a treat with - but its a thing worth considering once I get properly back in the swing of slimming world I will then know the syns I have after meals for the week and decide if that might work for me but that is like saying you will have 10 syns a day and using them weekly which I do anyway
Honestly I could not believe 2 doctors asked me that - my gp and that was due to low b12 levels but I am sure that was a blip (well I have to have another check next month so we will see) and the other was the psych - but again that is down to b vits as being good for depression and related conditions - but as I say I really dont want to be going there - just the talk of your vegan son made me think about at the time I was posting - I did all my research into keeping healthy years ago but perhaps I should do a little more - most of what I eat is organic and locally grown where possible too so not much in the way of digesting chemicals - thought I was healthy :):) I bet neither of those doctors are vegetarian :):)

with all this talk of sweets all I can say is I am glad my nearest marks is in Bath and I rarely go there :):)

How many people can say this is how they eat and you are doing the best for yourself and do those Doctors eat the same way as you? (One of the Docs in the practice I go to in UK is bigger than most of his patients).

When we get back we will be within a stones throw of M & S - OH says that is why I wanted to live there - it might be true :) but not for the sweets.

I have to admit to bring a lover of sweets! When people ask me if I miss meat I always say no, but I miss haribo! The veggie haribo (funny mix) are a really odd texture and I don't like them at all. I did manage to find some veggie friendly fizzy cola bottles though in Holland & Barrett and they are lovely! Sour sweets are my favourites :D

Now you are talking - sherbet lemons :eek: - years since I had any but can taste them now. Don't know what Haribos are though. You are making me want to go out and buy some - bought a box of Swiss chocolate drink here the other day and they have one sachet of chocolate and one of marshmellows and was imagining this drink in a mug overflowing with them. When I poured them in they sank and melted, what a disappointment so made OH drink it as it was 32 cals more than without them.

Hope everything is ok with you and will sort out those fake food photos tomorrow - bed time now.

I'm not a huge fan of 'sweets' but I can easily eat half a pack of veggie Percy Pigs lol. A lot of supermarkets have veggie sweets in their kids range. Bought my sister some fizzy strawberry laces from Sainsbury's the other week and she was made up :)

Oddly enough, Cineworld have a BIG selection of veggie sweets in their pic and mix. Again, not something I generally buy, but I spotted the labels last time I was there. It is getting better out there for us veggies. Not quite as epic as that vegan fake meat you posted pics of tho!!

Hope you're having a brilliant time.xx

I'm not a huge fan of 'sweets' but I can easily eat half a pack of veggie Percy Pigs lol. A lot of supermarkets have veggie sweets in their kids range. Bought my sister some fizzy strawberry laces from Sainsbury's the other week and she was made up :)

Oddly enough, Cineworld have a BIG selection of veggie sweets in their pic and mix. Again, not something I generally buy, but I spotted the labels last time I was there. It is getting better out there for us veggies. Not quite as epic as that vegan fake meat you posted pics of tho!!
Hope you're having a brilliant time.xx

Where is the link to your Diary instead of lazy me having to find it :) Read all about your brilliant holiday - I don't do cold but that sounded great.
I wasn't a huge fan of sweets but reading this is making me want some.
Having a brilliant time here but only 2 weeks to go and back to UK and the cold - asked MIL to wash my jeans and jumpers - thought in May I might be coming back to some nice Spring weather.
Your weight loss is looking very good, do you go to SW or doing it on your own?

well talking about coming home to warmer weather it is nice at the moment - bu the owner of the plant nursery I saw yesterday said in 10 days the wind will be back to the east and it will get bitterly cold again so we will see bu ttoday I am in flowy flowery summer trousers teeshirt and a 3/4sleeved cardi nice and summery but waiting for the sun to show before Kaydan and I go out
enjoy the warm while you can :)

Back