GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

ended up getting it on ebay for £9.85 or something :) is it better than veganomicon?

Havn't got AFR only Veganomicon and it is in Spain so not able to use it.

Bought some Red and White Quinoa with Bulgar Wheat yesterday from Waitrose, never seen it before and ate it last night - good for a change - photo later.

TUESDAY 26TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge - yoghurt - fruit - HEX B

Out for the day so took a packed lunch but did not eat it all - had -

Half fat Feta cheese salad - 1 cheese scone - pickle and dressing - 1 HEX A
Jelly and fruit - 1 SYN

DINNER
Lentil and Veg Bolognese with Quinoa - This was Red and White Quinoa with Bulgar Wheat from Waitrose

2 Ryvita and Cheese - 1 HEX A - 1 HEX B

Total
2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Jelly 1 - Pickle 2 - Highlights 4 - Total 7

PACKEDLUNCH.jpg

This is what I took but only ate 1 scone - no tortilla - no Muller.

LENTILANDVEGCHILLIWITHREDANDWHITEQUINOAWITHBULGARWHEAT.jpg

This Quinoa was nice - not seen it before in our Waitrose - bought it in Birmingham which was a much larger shop.

I love a bargain too! Got 8 Portobello 'shrooms for 40p and 3 courgettes for 40p the other day. Gotta love a bargain. The quinoa looks so lovely. I don't shop in Waitrose. It's so pawsh and there isn't one near me. Having said that they have just opened a new store in Preston which isn't far so may have to have a wander over there. They do a few things that I fancied having a look at. Got some of the Apache potatoes today ;) *did anyone hear that warrior cry?* :D

First S World WI in half and hour - :fingerscrossed: but not going to look until my home weigh in in the morning.

It is the lentil bolognese recipe from Lentil Bolognese | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

Ingredients
1 onion, finely chopped - 3 cloves garlic
1 courgette finely chopped - approx 8 button mushrooms,finely chopped - 2 carrots - finely chopped
1 medium sweet potato - cubed 3/4cup of uncooked brown lentils (approx 180gms)
400gms of tinned chopped tomatoes - 300ml of vegetable stock
4 tablespoons of tomato paste - mixed herbs - splash of balsamic vinegar

Spray a large pot with some Frylight spray and add your onion and garlic and fry until softened. Add the courgette, mushrooms and sweet potato and fryfor a further 5 mins. Add a little of the stock to prevent sticking if needed. Add the lentils and mix well. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, mixed herbs and splash of balsamic vinegar
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours, the slow cooking really softens the lentils and allows the flavours to develop. It would be great done in a slow cooker too.
Check it a couple of times through cooking time, just in case it looks like too much liquid has been absorbed, as you may need to add a little morestock/water.

I don't have a slow cooker or 2 hours to keep an eye on it so adapted it.
I cook the onion and garlic in the microwave in some water and a crumbled stock cube then put them in a pan with the rest of the ingredients and brought to a boil and simmered until the lentils were cooked - kept adding more stock as required.
I have also made it with ready cooked green lentils - I pressure cook them and then freeze and use as I want them (I do all beans like this as well).
Made it in the morning then re-heated in the evening.

Last edited:
THURSDAY 27TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Spinach - potato and 1/2 fat Feta cheese - poached egg - with salad - HEX A
Jelly - fruit and yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Mungbean pancakes filled with Ratatouille and Asparagus
Fruit and yoghurt

TOTAL 1 HEX A - 1 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 4 - Oil 2 - Jelly 1 - Total 7

SPINACHPOTATOANDFETACHEESEPIEWITHEGGANDSALAD.jpg

MUNGBEANPAKCAKESWITHRATATOUILLEANDASPARAGUS.jpg

Been going to try these pancakes (or wraps) for ages - should have had them before - nice change from
bread and free if part of the meal - will post recipe

An exciting discovery « Spice and more

This is the site I got the mung beans wraps from. Used whole mung beans and soaked for 2 days (did not have any split ones but these were fine).

Followed instructions but found that 1 cup of mung beans did not make 6-8 dinner plate sized wraps - far from it. Without any added water the mix was a bit thick (as other people found from the comments on there) and was very hard to spread. Added water until I got the right consistency, not too much but enough to slacken off the mix.
I counted 2 syns for the oil I used but that was for the trial and error - brushed the pan with oil as frylite did not work to start with but after I had done a couple tried the Frylite again and it worked ok - must have been the pan being hotter. Now they are completely free.

Left a couple in the fridge in a Lock and Lock box and OH has just tasted them and they are fine.

Weighed at SW and lost 1.5lbs :clap:

Today is the day I weigh at home and lost 1lb according to our scales so to stop any confusion will carry on with home ones for posting here.

(should go with SW as it would have made me 1/2 stone loss :D but never mind - next week).

Back