GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Just going out for the lunch we thought we were going out for last Friday but first went up the road to see the Olympic Torch convoy leave Notts.

TORCHRELAYCOACH2012.jpg

Weather a little different to yesterdays parade.:eek::eek:

Rant here - Why on earth do we go out to eat at places that we do not know.

Wish I had gone to the gym instead of going to this "free" lunch - my expectations in life must be too high.

We were welcomed with a glass of nice wine (which my OH refused as he does not drink wine or much else really) then we went upstairs to the function room where lunch was served -

Fish and chips kept in a Bain Maire ( hostess trolley thing) and my OH said they were soggy and awful. Deep fried scampi - pork pie - sausage rolls - cheap white bread sandwiches (all meat in a loose kind of the word - processed) and for pud - BIG slabs of some kind of cake.

I asked if there was anything vegetarian but was told "this is all that was ordered" - it was a nice pub we were in so asked for an omelette or something - no busy so it will a long time - OK - I won't bother :eek::eek::eek:

As it was our ex-employers - Brewery we worked for for many years and it was in one of their pubs we thought drinks would be free as they had invited us for lunch - went to the bar and ordered another glass of wine - £4.25 - what is this about - for a glass- it was nice but not £4.25 nice .
Should have ordered 2 glasses of wine for me when we were first asked.

How on earth do people in UK afford to drink in pubs when wine is this much for a glass!!!

Last edited:
:party0011::woohoo:Today - this was Lunch :cry:

FRIDAYLUNCHX2.jpg

Last edited:
It is indeed an utter scandal. I'm so glad that I'm not still in my 'carefree and drinking waaaay too much' life stage - I'd be absolutely skint. I don't know how people afford it. When I first bought a G&T in a pub it was 90p - that seemed like a lot at the time :eek: Your food - yet again - in the pub sounds utter sh*te, what is it with these places??? It's completely embarrassing, even for meat eaters it sounds desperate.

Well done on WI though - fantastic job, that portion control is doing the job x

systema said:
TUESDAY 19TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge - yoghurt - fruit -- HEX B

LUNCH
Curried Butternut Squash soup - Cheese on toast - Salad - 1 HEX A

DINNER
Pasta left overs from yesterday - Pak Choy - 2 Poached Eggs.

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 4 - Juice 1 - Pickle and Dressing - 2.5 Total - 7.5

Your pasta looks fab, do you mind telling me what it is?

The pasta was one of those "thrown together" things.
I always keep home made pasta sauce and cooked beans in the freezer but you could use a jar of sauce and tinned beans.

Cauliflower
Broccoli
Cooked Beans - any kind
Pasta Sauce
Morrisons Cheese Sauce mix in a packet - just add water - 9 syns for the whole packet but divided by 4 portions
60gms of grated cheese - 2 HEX B but again divided by 4
Pasta shapes

Lightly cook the broccoli and cauliflower and cook the pasta - make up the cheese sauce.
Mix the veg and beans with pasta and pasta sauce and put them in an oven proof dish and top with the sauce mix.
Grate the cheese over the top and put in the oven - Gas 6 until it is brown on top

Can't remember how long it was in the oven - about 25 mins

THURSDAY 28TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge - yoghurt and fruit - HEX B

LUNCH
Packed lunch - physio appointment - Hummus and Ryvita with a tomato - fruit - HEX B

DINNER
Sweet potato and spinach curry with Masala mashed Cauliflower

TOTAL - HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 2 Highlights 4 - Jelly 1 - SW taster at class 1 Total - 6 Syns

PACKEDLUNCH-THURSDAY.jpg

CAULIFLOWERMASALAMASHWITHSWEETPOTATOANDSPINACHCURRY.jpg

Should have had beans in it - found them at the side of the sink when I did washing-up !!!

Last edited:
Nice loss hon!!! Thank you VERY much for the mung bean wrap recipe. Look lovely. Crap liquid lunch. I would have been a tad squiffy on two with no food, well, even with food ;) lightweight. How damned rude they are though, too busy urgh! Where were the beans? In the sink? :giggle:x

wraps are great, not made them for a while...I find them tricky to make though :/ I know Erm had the same probs as me but they do taste good...I added loads of spice to mine. Well done on the loss too :)

Even your packed lunch looks so pretty! You should be a food photographer :)

Thank you - it's my new Ikea pink plates that does it :D I must keep out of that place as I always buy something I didn't know I needed when I went in there.

wraps are great, not made them for a while...I find them tricky to make though :/ I know Erm had the same probs as me but they do taste good...I added loads of spice to mine. Well done on the loss too :)

It's like pancake central here at the moment - our son is only here at week-end and when we were talking about the wraps he remembered there was a crepe maker in his kitchen somewhere so went to fetch it and they are making them out of chickpea flour. Hate to think of the syns in them at 25gms for 4 syns but they say they are good - filled with anything they can find in the fridge!!

CHIKPEAFLOURPANCAKES.jpg

They have got vegan cheese, tomato, piccalilli and gherkins in there !!!!!

SMALLCHICKPEAPANCAKES.jpg

What was left of the batter - looks more like SW size.
Looks like I will have to "borrow" this machine.

It's like pancake central here at the moment - our son is only here at week-end and when we were talking about the wraps he remembered there was a crepe maker in his kitchen somewhere so went to fetch it and they are making them out of chickpea flour. Hate to think of the syns in them at 25gms for 4 syns but they say they are good - filled with anything they can find in the fridge!!

CHIKPEAFLOURPANCAKES.jpg

They have got vegan cheese, tomato, piccalilli and gherkins in there !!!!!

SMALLCHICKPEAPANCAKES.jpg

What was left of the batter - looks more like SW size.
Looks like I will have to "borrow" this machine.

oohh they look good

I've had the wraps done in a dehydrator and that would be a tad easier I would guess. Not my dehydrator as you all know I haven't got one yet ;) but I didn't realise that you could do them without so I am VERY happy about the recipe. I am deffo doing these next week. Thanks again. x

Wonder if they would work out less syns than the ones I do with standard flour? Hard to measure syns with pancakes unless you scoff the whole lot of the recipe yourself. :confused:

Why not weigh out the flour etc and syn it then make sure each pancake has the same amount of mix.

Those chickpea ones are just flour, a little mustard and water.

More than welcome - carry on stalking :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

SATURDAY 30TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Butternut Squash and Carrot soup - cheese scone -- HEX A .5
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - SYNS 1

Apple

DINNER
Asda Meatballs in Homemade Curry Sauce - Kidney Bean Pulao - Pak Choy - Syns 2.5

TOTAL
HEX A .5 - 1 HEX B - SYNS - Oil 1 - Meatballs 1.5 - Jelly 1 - Highlights 4 - Total SYNS 7.5

CARROTANDBUTTERNUTSQUASHSOUP.jpg

MEATFREEMEATBALLS-PAKCHOY-PILAU.jpg

MIL bought these meatballs for Vegan son but they have egg white in them so as I needed the freezer space decided to eat them - they were very good and I would buy them again.

Back