GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Oooooh you did well last week. If I could lose that I'd be well chuffed.

I don't know where that came from :eek: didn't do anything different - oh yes I did - I had a coupe of glasses of wine the day after WI, first I have had on SW so maybe that is the answer!!!

Do you use Artichokes? I had 4 come in my veg box friday and I have never had them before, not sure what they would go with as I don't know how they taste. They seem a pain to prep :/

They are - we have them in Tapas Bars in Spain but they usually come out of a can.:)

Last edited:
SUNDAY 8TH JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Salad with Eggs, Chickpeas and Apple with Tamarind dressing - 1 SYN
Mung Bean Wrap

DINNER
Lentil Loaf with Spinach Sauce and Saffron Rice - Pak Choi - Butternut Squash and Asparagus

TOTAL - HEX B - SYNS - Highights 6 - Dressing 1 - Jelly 1 - Total 8

SALAD.jpg

These Mungbean wraps do really freeze well.

LENTILBAKEWITHVEG-1.jpg

Last edited:
SPICY LENTIL LOAF - the veg I had in the fridge - you could use any you have.

300gms cooked green or brown lentils
1 onion - chopped
1 stock cube - 1tsp chopped garlic - 1tsp chopped ginger
1tsp each of - cumin - coriander - garam masala and chilli to taste
1 small cubed cooked sweet potato - handful of frozen peas
Half can of baked beans or use any cooked beans
3 eggs - beaten
Handful of chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper

METHOD (mine!!) Oven Gas 5/180c
Put the onion, stock cube, ginger and garlic in a micro proof dish along with a little water and cook until the onion is soft - about 5 mins, check the water. When it is cooked cook of any excess water.
In a large bowl put the lentils, veg, onion mix, chopped coriander and spices in a bowl and mix together then add the beaten eggs and mix again.

Spray a loaf tin with Frylight then put the mix into it.

Put into pre-heated oven and cook for about 25 mins - press the top to check if it is cooked - I find it takes longer than this so cover the top with foil and cook until it is set.

I love your avatar!!

My friend sent it to me when I told her I was doing SW - underneath it said - " Skinny is not easy so I gave up and opted for sexy" - but I liked the avatar and chopped off the words :D

My new cook book has just arrived from Amazon - Appetite For Reduction - Isa Chandra Moskowitz - and I have to go out.:eek:
Had a quick look at it and really like the recipes in there and nice pictures, so glad I sent the Kindle edition back as this looks a completely different book.

I do like Kindle reading but not for reference books.

My new cook book has just arrived from Amazon - Appetite For Reduction - Isa Chandra Moskowitz - and I have to go out.:eek:
Had a quick look at it and really like the recipes in there and nice pictures, so glad I sent the Kindle edition back as this looks a completely different book.

Mmm Im having the Arabian lentil & rice soup out of that for tea I think :)

I love that soup, never would have bothered had it not been recommended but so tasty and quick :)

systema said:

I'm ordering it soon too - can't wait! Have you got any of Isa's other books? Veganomicon is fab, not totally SW friendly but a lot of the recipes are easily adapted. The biscuit book is really good too and possibly part of the reason I was so lardy when I started SW so maybe wouldn't recommend that one haha ;)

Not happy - just got back from hospital and I have to go back on August 1st !!!!!! Know what will happen then - he will say - ye,s fine, ok, that's it then. Yes I know it's for my own good but really fed up now.
Almost got the car packed ready to go to Spain at week-end and now this - will have to keep a lock on the booze bag tonight. :grumble:

Oooooh I have just ordered AFR from ISA, Happy Herbivore (all fat free recipes apparently) and River Cottage Veg (not so fat free lol!) Cant wait to get them, so excited!

Abigail'sMummy said:
Oooooh I have just ordered AFR from ISA, Happy Herbivore (all fat free recipes apparently) and River Cottage Veg (not so fat free lol!) Cant wait to get them, so excited!

Ooohhhh I was wondering if to get the RC one! X how you doing with being a veggie? X

Watched River Cottage Veggie programme for the first time a couple of nights ago and although the food looked good it was was oily and lots of cheese. If you have a look here - River Cottage Veg recipes - Channel4 - 4Food there are lots of the recipes from the series I imagine would be in the book.

MONDAY 9TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt --- HEX B

Apple piece Cheese

LUNCH
Mushrooms with Spinach Masala Sauce and Jacket Potato - 1 SYN
Jelly - Fruit - Yoghurt - 1SYN

DINNER
Lentil Loaf with home made Tomato Sauce - Broccoli - Asparagus - Sprouts - Cauliflower - Potatoes

TOTAL - HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 6 - Jelly 1

JACKETPOTATOWITHSPINACHANDMUSHROOMCURRY-1.jpg

Don't look that briliant but it did taste good - I love anything spicy :)

LENTILLOAFWITHTOMATOSAUCE.jpg

Back