GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

I love that soup, never would have bothered had it not been recommended but so tasty and quick :)

I had that last night, lush for something so easy! I doubled the spices, it was lovely and buttery! :drool: Too much lemon juice though. Deffo on the faves list tho :)

I had that last night, lush for something so easy! I doubled the spices, it was lovely and buttery! :drool: Too much lemon juice though. Deffo on the faves list tho :)
Arabian Lentil and Rice Soup.

I was going to make that until I saw there were carrots in it - love them raw but hate them cooked. Made this instead - Eggplant & Black Eyed Pea Curry | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking
not enough taste IMO so added a couple of stock cubes, cumin, coriander and garam masala. It has curry powder in it which I don't usually buy but bought some for this but still added to it and in the end it was very good - another comfort food.

Yeah they all look pretty easy to make and not many ingredients, think I will have to seriously whack the spices/flavours up on most of them! :confused: You usually do on American recipes tho'

Last edited:
TUESDAY 10TH JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt ----HEX B

LUNCH
Home-made Tomato and Basil soup - 2 Cottage Cheese Scones

Apple

DINNER
Lentil Pate with Cheese Toast and Mushroom Salad - HEX A - HEX B

yoghurt.

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights drinks 6

HOMEMADETOMATOSOUPANDCHEESESCONES.jpg

Put some chopped cooked peppers into this batch of scones.

MEATLOAFPATEONTOASTWITHSALADANDMUSHROOMS-1.jpg

Pate AKA Lentil Loaf. This is what was left so lightly mashed it and it was nice on toast.

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY 11th JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Toast - Scrambled Eggs - Tomatoes - HEX B
Jelly - Fruit - Yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Aubergine, Black-eyed Peas and Lentil Curry - Butternut Squash with Fennel and Mango spices --2 syns
Rice

Muller Yoghurt

TOTAL - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 6 - Jelly 1 - Oil 2 - Total 9

SCRAMBLEDEGGSANDTOMATOESONTOAST.jpg

AUBERGINELENTILANDBLACK-EYEDBEANCURRYANDBUTTERNUTSQUASH.jpg

Both curries - will add recipe for Butternut Squash one later

AUGERGINECURRY-BUTTERNUTSQASH-RICE.jpg

systema said:
WEDNESDAY 11th JULY

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
Toast - Scrambled Eggs - Tomatoes - HEX B
Jelly - Fruit - Yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Aubergine, Black-eyed Peas and Lentil Curry - Butternut Squash with Fennel and Mango spices --2 syns
Rice

Muller Yoghurt

TOTAL - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 6 - Jelly 1 - Oil 2 - Total 9

Both curries - will add recipe for Butternut Squash one later

Love the pink plates :D

Pots (especialy bowls) and things with plugs on are my weakness - oh and books!!!

Got these from Ikea and they also do them in Turquoise which may find their way into my bag if I can find an exuse to go up there again. :)

IKEASET.jpg

Dinner plate - deep plate - side plate and sudae glass/drinking glass.

It's difficult to make food sound delicious when typing what you've had for breakfast, lunch and dinner so your pics certainly bring the dishes to life....yum. I gave up meat 2 years ago but I still eat fish and I use quorn products and I still cook meat for my oh and kids although it's a lot less often now because they eat fish and quorn, beans and lentils too.......great diary!!!

Thank you.

I started doing the photos because friends would say what on earth do you eat if you don't eat meat, they thought I lived on cheese sandwiches so when I came on here just carried on with it and it keeps me on the straight and narrowish.

Now they have my photobucket page they can see for themselves and it is quite funny as now they ask for veggie curry if they are coming round to eat.

My hubby eats meat but he is quite happy to eat veggie a few days a week as long as it is currry :) which suits me.

I'm the same with being vegan I have all my meals on Facebook as well as my diary.. If I don't post a meal for a few days ppl start asking if I'm ok lol. I find it helps keep me on track though :)

Went in Asda last night to get some yoghurt and came out with 4 of these :eek: 187 mls each.

187MLSWINE.jpg

Fancied a glass of wine but if I open a bottle the top never seems to go back on but these were brilliant - 4 for £5 on offer - and had a bottle with dinner last night for 7 syns.

THURSDAY 12TH JULY

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
Pitta bread with Spicy Butternut Squash, salad and pickle - 1 syn HEX B
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt -- 1 syn

DINNER
Aubergine and Bean Curry - Mushroom Curry - Rice - 2 syns

Fruit and yoghurt

Glass Wine - 7 syns.

Total
2 - HEX B SYNS - Wine 7 - Jelly 1 - Highlights 2 - Pickle 1 - Oil 2 - Total 13

BUTTERNUTSQUASHPITTAWITHSALAD.jpg

MUSHROOMCURRY-AUBERGINEANDBEANCURRY-RICE.jpg

Those are a brilliant idea! I'm trying not to drink much at the moment but if I do fancy a glass of wine I know what I'll be doing now ;)

Just been to Morrisons and got this weeks bargains.

4 for £1 on tins of ----

CHOOPPED TOMATOES

PLUM TOMATOES

CHICKPEAS

RED KIDNEY BEANS

BORLOTTIE BEANS.

Think the limit is 24 cans.

^^^^ Are you kidding me? Id rather go without! Got River Cottage book through today, a LOT would need to be modified to be SW friendly. But man, he can cook!

Back