GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

FRIDAY 20TH JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt -- HEX B

Apple

LUNCH
Scrambled eggs with chives - Salad - Coleslaw - 2 Cottage Cheese Scones

DINNER
Jacket Potato - Abergine Balls - Baked Beans, Cauliflower, Broccoli with 3 Cheese Triangles melted with a little water. 3 Syns
HEX A - HEX B for cheese and breadcrumbs in Aubergine balls.

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2HEX B - SYNS -- Highlights 4 - Pickle 1 - Potato 1 - Mayo 1 Total 7

SCRAMBLEDEGGSWITHSALADANDCHEESESCONES.jpg

AUBERGINEBAKESWITHVEG.jpg

Got the Aubergine balls out of the freezer and thought they would disintigrate but they were fine - will make and freeze these again
when I get home and have more freezer space.

Last edited:
AUBERGINE "MEATBALLS" - made 18

1 Very Large Aubergine - or 2 medium ones
60gms Breadcrumbs - HEX A
60gms Grated Parmesan Cheese - 2 HEX B
1 beaten egg
half an onion - chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp chopped garlic
salt and pepper

1 tbsp Engevita (nutrition yeast) if you use it - doesn't really matter as it is not in the recipe but I put it in. - 1 syn

In some recipes there are fresh herbs - mint, parsley or coriander so will try them out.

Spray a non-stick pan and saute the onion and aubergine until it they are soft. Put them in a food processor and chop them up - do not make them into mush.
Put the mix into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
Form into balls then place on a sprayed tray and bake for about 30 mins 190/Gas 5

Last edited:
do you think you could use the ny and omitt the cheese? or does it need the cheese for flavour?

They were quite cheesy tasting - maybe make up for it with fresh herbs although I think the cheese may have held them together a bit.

Just been to Indian shop to get my supplies to take back to Spain - not the best country in the World to be Veggie. Have to make a 2hr trip to Gibraltar when we run out of lentils - ( can get yellow ones in a jar, ready cooked, when I am desperate) so stock up here. Good job we drive back.

SPAINSUPPLIES.jpg

systema said:
Just been to Indian shop to get my supplies to take back to Spain - not the best country in the World to be Veggie. Have to make a 2hr trip to Gibraltar when we run out of lentils - ( can get yellow ones in a jar, ready cooked, when I am desperate) so stock up here. Good job we drive back.

Oooh wow, that's a fab selection! Should last you a good while :)

SPAINSUPPLIES.jpg
wow heaven looks like my pantry lol, whats the wet tam... something?

my indian shop all the packets are in the indian names..took me a age to find cumin the other week! how rude ;)

my indian shop all the packets are in the indian names..took me a age to find cumin the other week! how rude ;)

I had to learn them all or would not have got served when we went away for the winter.

The small yellow tub is asafoetida (Hing)

The wet one is Tamarind - it is a fruit which is used in South Indian cookery but it is quite sour - come with stones which you have to remove when you use it - a bit like dates but larger - or you can buy concerntrated in tubs in some places but could not get any. Makes a lovely salad dressing but will have to make it SW friendly then post it.

Re the bread rolls - let us know how you get on - I don't make them so don't know how easy (or hard) it is to muck them up.

I went to my Asian store yesterday and it was closed, I'm hoping that it was because it doesn't open on a Sunday and not because it has closed for good 'cause I'd be lost without it. Any way I made your Chilli Bean and Vegetable Lasagne and it was fab, I made a large one and I used ff fromage frais instead of cheese sauce.....absolutely delicious....I've decided not to share it with the meateaters in my family, instead I shared it with my step-daughter who like me, doesn't eat meat, I sent a nice portion home with her and I was going to freeze the rest but I think I'm going to have it for my dinner for the next couple of nights.

Glad you liked it.

I was thinking this afternoon that I could put it inside the Spinach Roulade - going to try and make it this week - might backfire but can still eat both parts of it anyway.
We are going home to Spain next Monday - :happy036::happy036::happy036:so clearing out MIL's freezer or the food will get wasted as she does not cook for herself so may have to eat whatever I find in there !!!!

Glad you liked it.

I was thinking this afternoon that I could put it inside the Spinach Roulade - going to try and make it this week - might backfire but can still eat both parts of it anyway.
We are going home to Spain next Monday - :happy036::happy036::happy036:so clearing out MIL's freezer or the food will get wasted as she does not cook for herself so may have to eat whatever I find in there !!!!

Lucky you!!!! Next time I'm going to make twice as much as it would be nice with brown rice too

SATURDAY 21ST JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt --- HEX B

LUNCH
Pasta with Tomato Sauce, Mushrooms and Peas

Cold Rice Pudding with fruit and yoghurt - 1/2 HEX A

DINNER
Falafals with Grilled Haloumi Cheese, Pitta bread and Salad - - HEX A - HEX B

TOTAL 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B -- SYNS Highlights - 4 - 2 Glass Wine 14 - Pickle 1 TOTAL 19

PASTAWITHTOMATOSAUCEMUSHROOMSANDPEAS.jpg

RICEPUDWITHFRUITANDYOGHURT.jpg

FALAFALINPITTAWITHGRILLEDHALOUMIANDSALAD.jpg

SUNDAY 22ND JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Fruit - Yoghurt --- HEX B

LUNCH
Salad with 2 Eggs - Half a Peach - 30gms Cheese - Pickle - 2 left over Falafel - HEX A - SYNS 1

Rice pud with fruit and yoghurt - 3 syns

DINNER
Part of a pizza with salad (forgot photo until I had nearlly finished it)!! HEX A - HEX B

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 4 - Pickle 1 - Milk for pud 3 - Wine 7 - Total - 15

SALADFORSUNDAY.jpg

PIZZA2HEXA2HEXB.jpg

Had some of this pizza - Ratatouille with Asda fake chicken and cheese.

This is when we first made them out of bread mix then changed it to my OH bread recipe
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/277510-green-days-only-systemas-diary-2.html

Figured that if you can have anybody's wholemeal bread for HEX B then 60gms of wholemeal bread mix will make a pizza base. Someone got SW to pass Tesco bread mix to make bases with and our own bread mix has the same ingredients as that but without all the preservatives.
Rolled out the bases and wrapped them in greasproof paper and put them in the freezer - that was one I found when clearing out the freezer on Sunday morning so decided that was Dinner !!!

Hi, can you tell me how you make your rice pudding....looks yum :)

Rice Pudding - Makes 4 portions.

180gms Short Grain Pudding Rice
580gms Skimmed Milk
Granulated Sweetener to taste

Simmer these together until the rice is cooked - about 20 mins - stir now and again. Divided this into 4 portion and put 2 in the fridge and 2 in the freezeer as it only keeps for a couple of days in the fridge.

In the picture I put some de-frosted Black Forest Berries and Banana and Custard Muller yoghurt.

RICEPUDWITHFRUITANDYOGHURT.jpg

Ah that's great thanks. Is it 3 syn per portion?

Yes it is 3 syns or half an HEX A per portion.

I do Green days and have 2 HEX A's - and only ever have cheese for them so decided to use this as half an A.

I used Soya Milk which is 700 mls for 2 A's so really could have put more rice in and made another portion which I will do next time.

It is nice for a change as I usually have jelly, fruit and yoghurt and this comes in without using my syns.

Last edited:
Back