GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Just taken this out of the oven and had to taste it because the smell was awsome.

It is Rice Slice which I saw in a book in town yesterday and as I am not going to buy any more books copied it as I liked the look of it. It does take both your HEX A''s for a very large slice. So easy to make

RICESLICE1.jpg

RICESLICEOPENED.jpg

RICE AND VEG SLICE - 4 very large slices for a main meal - 2 HEX A's each

300 GMS COOKED RICE
180GMS GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE
6 EGGS
225GMS ASPARAGUS
75GMS SPINACH --- slice or chop all the veg
1 SLICED RED PEPPER
100 GMS LOW FAT FETA CHEESE
-------------------------------

Put all the rice into a bowl with a beaten egg and about 2/3rds of grated cheese and mix together.
Press this into a 19cm square tin then place all the veg on top and press gently.
Beat the other 5 eggs with salt and pepper and the crumbled Feta cheese then pour over the top of the veg then add the rest of the grated cheese
Cook in a hot oven for about 30 mins – cover if necessary part way through.

Used one of those "rubber" baking trays and it came out very easily - forgot to spray it as well!!!

Last edited:
Won't let me post any more in that post.

I put some defrosted frozen peas and some lightly steamed broccoli in it (left overs) and mixed in some frozen spinach (very fine leaf - defrosted) into the eggs. Only put a bunch of Asparagus in it (150gms)

It has set very well - made it for a packed lunch tomorrow so easy to take with us.

That looks yummy! Definitely having a go at this on the weekend :D

Just cut the Rice Slice up and think I was being a bit over indulgent with the portion size - it will make 6 not 4 so that will cut down the HEX A a little - so now it is 1 and 1/3 - don't know what to do with that but will call it one and a half HEX A's per piece!!!!

MONDAY 23RD JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt

LUNCH
Sushi with salad --- syns 1
Rice Pud with fruit - yoghurt --- .5 HEX A

DINNER
Pasta with Broccoli and Asparagus with Ricotta Cheese and low fat Pesto sauce and Spinach - HEX A - 1.5 Syns for pesto

TOTAL - 1.5 HEX A - HEX B - SYNS -- Highlights 4 - pickle 1 - pesto 1.5 - sushi 1 - 7.5 syns

SUSHI.jpg

PASTAWITHRICOTTACHEESE.jpg

Don't think I thinned the cheese down enough but it tasted ok - used Asda Low Fat Pesto.

Your sushi salad looks soooo colourful, how could it be anything but good for you?

TUESDAY 24TH JULY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt -- HEX B

LUNCH
Dhal with Sweet Potato - Cottage Cheese scones
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Chickpea Burgers with Home-made Roll - Cheese - Baked Beans - 3 SYNS burgers - HEX A - HEX B

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS --3 Burgers - 4 Highlights - Jelly1 - Wine 7 Total - 15

DHALWITHSWEETPOTATOANDCHEESESCONES.jpg

VEGGIEBURGERANDBEANS.jpg

Chickpea Veggie Burgers with Courgettes and Mushrooms. 1.5 syns each or half HEX B for 2
Recipe in - groups/Vegan thread - click below.

That looks yummy! Definitely having a go at this on the weekend :D

Went shopping for the day with a friend and took it for a packed lunch - she is a very "plain" eating kind of person - has never tasted curry in her life and don't think she ever will - asked what I had so I gave her a small piece. I was very suprised she even tasted it and she ended up eating half of it and asked me to make her one for a picnic they are going on at the week-end - said she was impressed.

Beware it does make a lot - I have had it for dinner and lunch, MIL had some and still lots left!!!

Your sushi salad looks soooo colourful, how could it be anything but good for you?

M & S Veggie Shushi - 1 syn per pack. Doing last minute shopping before we go back so could not resist it.:)

systema said:
M & S Veggie Shushi - 1 syn per pack. Doing last minute shopping before we go back so could not resist it.:)

I nearly had that for lunch yesterday! They were sold out at my local M&S so I had to get Boots instead which isn't half as nice :(

I nearly had that for lunch yesterday! They were sold out at my local M&S so I had to get Boots instead which isn't half as nice :(

I love M&S's and the sushi from Tesco is quite good too

WEDNESDAY 25TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
VEG SOUP - 2 Cottage Cheese Scones

Jelly - fruit- yoghurt - 1SYN

DINNER
Rice Slice - Pak Choy - Baked Beans - 2 HEX A - .5 HEX B

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 1.5 HEX B - SYNS -- Higlights 4 - Wine 7 - Jelly 1 - Total 12 SYNS

VEGSOUPANDCHEESESCONE.jpg

RICESLICEDINNER.jpg

Cant stand pre packed supermarket sushi - total pap! I will get round to making some this weekend :)

Havn't got anything to make it with here so tried to make it just by pressing it into a tin then turning out. Not brilliant looking but it tasted fine. M and S is the next best thing.

SUSHI.jpg

The M&S sushi is definately the nicest of the pre-packaged variety. Making your own is of course the better option but if you need a quick lunch the M&S stuff works a treat... when they have it in stock! :'(

Cant stand pre packed supermarket sushi - total pap! I will get round to making some this weekend :)

I really would not call it that Kel - M and S is nice. I make it at home with grilled veg but M & S is fine for people who don't or can't make their own - sometimes we people who can cook should give a little slack to people who can't or do not want to but still want to eat healthily and within SW guidelines. - not having a go Kel but saying for people who like it and have to buy it,

I really would not call it that Kel - M and S is nice. I make it at home with grilled veg but M & S is fine for people who don't or can't make their own - sometimes we people who can cook should give a little slack to people who can't or do not want to but still want to eat healthily and within SW guidelines. - not having a go Kel but saying for people who like it and have to buy it,

I wouldn't choose a supermarket food over any of my home cooked meals but when on the go, needs must and as you say it's a healthy choice and within sw guidelines which is a plus

THURSDAY

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt -- HEX B

LUNCH
Shopping so took a packed lunch - Rice and Veg Slice - salad - fruit 2 HEX A

DINNER
Veggie Burgers - Baked Beans - Jacket Potato - Pak Choy and Brussels - HEX B
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - SYNS 1

TOTAL -2 HEX A - 2 HEX B SYNS - Jelly 1 - Glass wine 7 - Highlights 6 - TOTAL 14

PACKEDLUNCHTHURS.jpg

VEGGIEBURGERDINNER.jpg

Last edited:
I havent tried m&s but don't put it in the same class as a regular supermarket is it? I certainly couldnt afford to do all my shopping there! The supermarkets I have tried are bland, chewy and vile, I stand by that... blurrghh

Back