GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

I wasn't too keen on the Boots sushi tbh - what I wanted was M&S really. The only things I buy from there are sushi (about once a month) and the lovely non-alcoholic beer they do occasionally :) I like shop bought sushi but not for the same reasons that I like homemade.

missy1978 said:
I wasn't too keen on the Boots sushi tbh - what I wanted was M&S really. The only things I buy from there are sushi (about once a month) and the lovely non-alcoholic beer they do occasionally :) I like shop bought sushi but not for the same reasons that I like homemade.

I'll try the m&s wish I'd thought today as I wanted something quick in town and there was nothing I could eat :/ I would have settled for supermarket sushi just to eat but they are always fish ones and never veg. Not sure if I'm not keen since I starting being veg as the fish was ok or since I tried real sushi... Wasn't saying homemade is better as I have never made mh own
:)

Why does s**t happen when you don't want it to - we have been in UK since 18th May - the longest ever - and 2 days ago our house tenants gave in their notice. Why did they not do it 2 months ago as we wanted to sell the house when they left - ( knew it was going to happen in the next 6 months) Rushing around for last 2 days now trying to sort things out to sell it as we were going home to Spain on Monday but hopefully it will be Wednesday at the latest. - Anybody want to buy a nice house in Nottingham.:D

Camera is packed so no photos.

Would like to thank all of you for your comments - very much appreciated and makes the dairy worth while doing.

We will be back in Spain and hopefully on the Internet by next Friday - Spain has the most expensive and slowest internet in Europe - it drives me nuts when I can read a book whilst waiting for a page to load. Goodness knows how I will do the photos. It is ok if you live there full time but we have to have a very slow dongle.

Anyway thanks again to all of you - I love this site and will be back.

Bon Voyage

Ooh, just having a catch up with your diary and you're on the move! Have a good trip home and hope to see you back soon x

Hi all - thank you for the messages and we are now back in Spain and the sunshine - it has taken more than 2 weeks to get back on line and me back on track.
Been eating and drinking too much for those 2 weeks, have eaten good stuff but with the addition of not so good stuff so have to take the bull by the horns and start eating better - no more cake and wine at my friends house although she does make lovely lemon drizzle cake which is usally accompanied by a glass or 2 or 3 of Rose. No more eating out and choosing the wrong stuff along with drinking the usual bottle of wine which usually comes with the meal .:sigh:THE HOLIDAY IS OVER has to be my new mantra.

FRIDAY 17th August

BREAKFAST
Porrige - Fruit - Yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Red Pepper, tomato and celery soup - pitta bread - HEX B
Jelly - Fruit - Yoghurt - 1 SYN

Peach

DINNER
Veg and Bean Bake - 2 HEX A - 1 SYN FOR PESTO - 1 SYN FOR ENGEVITA YEAST

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS total is over limit for today - there were 2 glasses of wine left in the bottle so finished them - was going to put it down the sink but it is against my religion !!!! So about 20 SYNS for today

REDPEPPERTOMATOANDCELERYSOUPWITHBASIL.jpg

COURGETTETOMATOWHITEBEANPOTATOANDCHEESELAYER.jpg

COURGETTETOMATOWHITEBEANPOTATOANDCHEESELAYER-1PORTIONJPG.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the message Missy 1978- having real problems with this internet uploading the photographs so hope I can keep going with it as doing the diary really keeps me on track. Spain has the most expensive and slowest internet in Europe and I had forgotten how bad it was - could not use it for most of yesterday as it kept dropping down to 0- Kbits on me most of the time and am paying 38 euros a month for it on a dongle :eek:

SATURDAY 18TH AUGUST
BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt HEX B

LUNCH
Veg soup and roll HEX B
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt 1 SYN

Banana

DINNER
Sushi and Salad - 1 SYN Wasabi Paste - 1SYN Pesto

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - SYNS Dinner 2 Highlights 6 Total 8

VEGANDBEANSOUP.jpg

SUSHIANDSALAD2.jpg

In the Sushi I put - Spicy Butternut Squash-Roasted Red Pepper-Omelette-Cucumber-Crushed Chickpeas with Pesto

VEGETABLE AND BEAN BAKE RECIPE

VEGETABLE AND BEANBAKE - SERVES 2
2 HEX A FOR CHEESEPER PERSON - reduce if you don’t want as much cheese as this.
1 LARGE ONION – THINLY SLICED
1 TBSP PESTO - used Asda reduced fat one – 1.5syns for 1tbsp
½ CUP STOCK – USED SPAG BOL OXO CUBE
2 CLOVES GARLIC – CRUSHED - 1 TSP PAPRIKA
2 TBSP TOMATO PUREE - 2 TBSP CHOPPED PARSLEY
CAN WHITE BEANS - SALT AND PEPPER
2 LARGE POTATOES – SLICED AND PART COOKED
1 MED COURGETTE –SLICED - 3 RIPE TOMATOES - SLICED
120GM MOZARELLA (OR AS MUCH OF ANY KIND OF CHEESE YOU LIKE)
Oven temperature 220c
Spray and non-stick pan and cook the onion and garlic thenadd the paprika and stir and cook for 1 min. Add tomato puree, parsley, pesto and stock, check for seasoning then addto the beans, stir and put into an oven proof dish. (I put all of these except beans in microwavepan and micro for 10 mins then carry on)
Layer the par-boiled potatoes on top of the beans then putthe sliced courgette and tomatoes on top of those.
Put in oven and cook for 30 mins then sprinkle with thecheese and put back in the oven for 10 mins until the cheese is golden or putit under the grill.

Welcome back Systema, you have been missed, it's sooo nice to see your delicious food again in all it's glorious colour, it definitely motivates me.

SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - quark - HEX B

2 Ryvita and 1 cheese triangle - HEX B

LUNCH
Left over lunch -- Sushi - some bread and cheese - spicy butternut squash and gherkin.
Jelly - fruit - quark

Melon

DINNER
Lentil cottage pie with veggies - with a little Parmesan topping

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 6 - Jelly 1 - total 7

SUSHI-VEG-BREADANDCHEESELUNCH.jpg

LENTILCOTTAGEPIE-SWEETPOTATOANDGOATCHEESETOPANDVEG.jpg

Last edited:
MONDAY 20TH AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - 1HEX B

LUNCH
Cauliflower and Minted Pea Soup -
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 SYN

Melon

DINNER
Cheese, onion, mushroom and garlic Bread and No Butter Pudding
Asparagus and Tomato Salsa
2 HEX A 1 HEX B and 4 SYNS - but worth it!!!!

TOTAL
2 HEX A - 2 HEX B SYNS - 4 Bread - 1 Jelly - Highlights 6 - 2 Yoghurt - Total - 13

CAULIFLOWERANDMINTEDPEASOUP.jpg

CHEESEONIONANDMUSHROOMBREADANDNOBUTTERPUDDINGWITHSALSAANDASPARAGUS3.jpg

CHEESE – ONION - MUSHROOM AND GARLIC BREAD PUDDING
It is 2 HEX A and 2 HEX B. Or use as much cheese as you want. I used 1 HEX B and 4 SYNS for the bread

It really is just a sandwich with an egg and cheese topping but it does taste good.

I microwaved half a chopped onion with some mushrooms, garlic and a little stock until they were cooked and the stock had gone.
2 slices of wholemeal bread which weighed about 100gms and when the mushrooms etc were cold made them into a sandwich which I cut into 4 triangles and put into a dish so they fitted quite tightly.
Beat 2 eggs with 50mls skimmed milk and 30gms strong cheese which is then poured over the bread. Heat the grill whilst you cook the sandwich in the microwave for about 4 minutes until the egg mix is set.
Sprinkle over another 30gms cheese and place under the grill until it has browned.

Going to try some different fillings, maybe some ratatouille.

CHEESEONIONANDMUSHROOMBREADANDNOBUTTERPUDDINGfromoven.jpg

Your sushi looks amazing Systema, very professional looking, you've definitely put that shop bought stuff to shame

Seconded - amazing looking sushi! I really must have a go at making it myself one day...

Back