GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

TUESDAY 21ST AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - 1HEXB

LUNCH
Slice of toast with Vegemite and Mustard - Ginger Broccoli - Poached Egg - HEX B
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 SYN

Melon

DINNER
Spicy Mixed Beans - Quinoa - Lemon and Garlic Roasted Veg.

2 Ryvita and Cheese Triangle - 3 SYNS Bit of HEX A

TOTAL - HEX A - 2 HEX B SYNS - Highlights 4 - Jelly 1 - Ryvita 3 - Total 8

BROCCOLISTEAMEDWITHGINGER-VEGEMITEANDMUSTARDONTOAST-POACHEDEGG.jpg

LEMONANDGARLICROASTVEG-QUINOA-SPICYMIXEDBEANS.jpg

Your sushi looks amazing Systema, very professional looking, you've definitely put that shop bought stuff to shame

Thank you - had to make it as there is nowhere to buy it here - must get some more ideas for fillings.

Seconded - amazing looking sushi! I really must have a go at making it myself one day...

Thank you - I bought a kit with a book, dvd and a mat in it and for a long time made it with the mat which was not too hard when you get used to it then when we were in Oz we found one of these

Sushezi,Sushi Maker.( see the video)Postfree | eBay

but only paid about £5 pounds for it - the secret it out!!!!!

Was quite amazed when I just looked on ebay and saw how much they were in UK.

My poached eggs never look that good!!!
Welcome back! Glad to see you had a nice break!!!!

Hello - nice to be back.

When I was taking the photo of the poached egg I said to my OH - just put the fork in the egg so the yolk runs down the broccoli please
so what does he do - wiggles the fork round it so the whole top splits - :D men!!!

WEDNESDAY 22ND AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Fruit - Yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Roast Veg and Tomato Soup with 2 Cottage Cheese scones
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt

DINNER
Blackeyed bean Sambhar with Rice and Salad - 1 SYN for oil

Peach

2 Ryvita and chocolate philly cheese HEX A HEX B

TOTAL 2 HEX A 2 HEX B SYNS - Oil 1 - Highlights 6 - Jelly 1 Total 8

ROASTEDVEGANDTOMATOSOUPWITHCHEESESCONES.jpg

BLACKEYEPEASAMBHARANDSALADJPG.jpg

This is dahal with blackeyed beans (peas in some books) tomatoes, lots of fresh coriander and sambhar powder.
My favourite dhal dish.

Last edited:
My neighbour came back from UK yesterday and brought me some Philadelphia Chocolate Cheese (why!!). I saw it in UK and managed to avoid it but it would have been rude to refuse her present - good job I did not taste it when I was there as I would not have been able to resist it - had it on a couple of Ryvitas and could have easily taken a spoon to the tub and eaten it all.
Anybody else eat it?

My neighbour came back from UK yesterday and brought me some Philadelphia Chocolate Cheese (why!!). I saw it in UK and managed to avoid it but it would have been rude to refuse her present - good job I did not taste it when I was there as I would not have been able to resist it - had it on a couple of Ryvitas and could have easily taken a spoon to the tub and eaten it all.
Anybody else eat it?

So far i have avoided it like the plague but I've heard it's delish and I know you don't like scan bran but apparently it's lovely on them too

It is - I have told my hubby he must eat the rest of it (he is really skinny and never puts on weight) and it must be gone by tomorrow.:giggle:
Just watching Come Dine With Me and the American woman on there has made the biggest chocolate cake I have ever seen in my life and she said - it is not a party unless someone is sick - as she was cutting it. You can tell I love chocolate!!

systema said:
Anybody else eat it?

Oh yes, not recently but it is bloody lovely! How can you turn down chocolate cheesecake in a tub? :p

Chocolate cheesecake in a tub......sssssshhhhhh stop advertising the stuff.....I just love cheesecake and as I've said, so far I've managed to avoid the chocolate philly but likening it to chocolate cheesecake... well that's just baaaaaaadddddddd

Just been in the kitchen and my OH is eating it out of the tub - yippeeeee - stops me eating it.

THURSDAY 23RD AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Vegetable Paella - 3 SYNS
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 SYN

Peach

DINNER
Mixed Salad - peas and onions with feta cheese HEX A - mushrooms and peppers, hard boiled egg, 1/2 peach and 2 figs and salad veg
Home made bread roll - HEX B

Raspberries with philly choc cheese - HEX A

TOTAL
2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Paella 3 - Highlights 4 - Jelly 1 - Pickle - 1 Total 9

VEGPAELLA.jpg

MIXEDSALADDINNER2.jpg

Figs from the tree in our shared garden.

Last edited:
ggmac said:
Chocolate cheesecake in a tub......sssssshhhhhh stop advertising the stuff.....I just love cheesecake and as I've said, so far I've managed to avoid the chocolate philly but likening it to chocolate cheesecake... well that's just baaaaaaadddddddd

Haha sorry gg! It's not too bad in syns really though and if you get the pack of 4 small pots it's easier to resist eating a tonne of it! ;)

FRIDAY 24 FEB

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt --HEX B

LUNCH

Cauiiflower and Courgette curry soup with added Rice

Jelly - fruit and yoghurt - 1 SYN

Lots of cold Melon

DINNER
2 Home made Veggie burgers - salad and potato chips

Last edited:
found you
will spend some time when I am not so tired reading from the beginning bur for now I am eagerly awaiting pate recipes :D

Hellloooo!!!! I just wanted to say how much I love your food diary and pictures! I'm not a vegeterian but I will be following your diary for delicious green day meals. Have a happy Sunday!

Thank you - not seen you on here for a while - have you been away?

Oh I'm 20 weeks pregnant and with morning sickness, I couldn't face all the food talk on minimins lol!!! I've only just started to feel back to normal again so I thought I better get back into the swing of things before me and my baby end up the size of a house! I'm going to be experimenting on some veggie recipes and will be looking to your diary for inspiration :D

Congratulations. I used to enjoy reading your postings, wondered where you had got to

------------

SATURDAY 23TH AUGUST

Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Jacket potato, cottage cheese, poached egg and salad - 1syn for pickle
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 syn for jelly

DINNER
Stuffed Aubergine and Broccoli. 2 HEX A for cheese

TOTAL -- 1 HEX A 2HEX B - SYNS Jelly 1 - pickle 1 - Highlights 6 - glass wine - 7 Total 15

JACKETPOTATOWITHCOTTAGECHEESE-POACHEDEGGANDSALAD.jpg

CHEESETOPPEDBAKEDAUBERGINE-lentils-mushrooms-aubergine-peppers-herbsetc.jpg

Aubergine stuffed with Green Lentils, tomato, mushrooms and peppers topped with cheese

INDIVIDUAL QUICHE - 1/2 HEX A - EACH - Makes 6

QUICHE-INDIVIDUALONES.jpg

Made in a large Silicone Muffin Pan (6cm high)

200gms Cottage Cheese
6 Eggs
60gms grated Strong Cheese
30 grated Parmesan Cheese
Cooked mixed veg - I used handful of frozen peas, 10 chopped mushrooms - green pepper - chopped tomato - chopped onion and cooked them all together in microwave.
Salt and Pepper and any other seasononings you want to put in there.

Blend the cottage cheese and eggs - (I put them in a bowl and used an electric stick blender) so that the cheese is liquid.
Add the grated strong cheese - salt and pepper and any other seasonings and mix.
Half fill the muffin mould with cooked veg then fill to the top with the egg and cheese mix.
Sprinkle 5gms of grated Parmesan on top of each one.

Cook in oven 375 or 190C for about 30 mins - leave to cool for 5 mins before removing from the pan.

Back